main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HPatCoS

Discussion in 'Archive: Abilene, TX' started by BroodMcEto, Nov 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets comes out this Friday.

Here's the deal. Third meeting. 7p- or 8p-ish showing. I will be there and so will my wife (probably). Anyone available (we need three, myself and two others) should come. I'll wear my Waco Fanforce t-shirt for those who don't know me. This will make us official. I'm counting on David and Harlan to show, and I would really like for Yoda525907 and Jaina02 to show. I will find out the times of the shows and we'll meet in front. Ten minutes to show time will be seating time. I'll try to get my wife to save seats, but please show early (20-30mins prior to showtime) so we can have all of our seats together. After the movie we can go somewhere if anyone wants to, but is not part of our OFFICIAL THIRD MEETING.

Contact me, or call me (I'll PM you my number) or post here and we'll get it all together. I'm pretty much working night shifts this week, so Friday is really my only open night. A Sat. Matinee is also a possibility, but I think that may negate Harlan from it.

This is it folks, after many many months of misses and aborted tries, we can do it. Please plan to be there, then we can be official!

2. strwrshrln

strwrshrln Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I will let you know. I am actually off this Sat. so if a late afternoon showing is better for others I could hopefully make it. Not sure though which will be better for me for sure yet.

Harlan

3. Yoda525907

Yoda525907 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey I'm all for Fri. or Sat. I actually went the coffee house on 7th and waited for like half an hour. But since I don't know what any of you look like, I can't be sure that I saw anyone there. If you were there I was the one walking around aimlessly and not drinking anything(I don't drink coffee.) So I'll be there Fri. or Sat. night whichever you decide to make it. And I'll probably be up for doing someing after since I'm working a day shift now (blah).
    Dave.

4. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    I did not get of work until after 9 and I gave Toby a ride so we probably did not get there until 9:30 or a little after. We were the only ones who carried in a pair of lightsabers, so if you were still there when we arrived you would have seen us. WE will have to make sure we wear soemthing Star Wars related to all future meetings.

Harlan

5. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Be sure to get it posted :)

I look forward to one of yall in blue ;)

6. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I have an Anakin FX lightsaber from Master Replicas that I can carry with me next time if that will help ID me.

7. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    According to Fandango.com, the times are 3:30, 6:30, and 10:00. Looks like it'll be the 6:30 showing. Is that good for everyone?

Get your tickets now! I think the wife and I will be buying them today. Along with THE DVD!!!

Good idea, Yoda. I'll bring my homemade saber too... The paint's coming off, but it still looks cool.

8. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    6:30 works for me. I may be bringing a friend. He's new to town. Well, sort of. He's only been here for a few months. He's not a big fan of Harry Potter but I think that I can convince him to join in.

9. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Okay, I picked up my tickets today for the 6:30 showing. 10p was too late and 3:30 was too early. Appearantly they're only using one screen. Either that or the second screen is sold out. I could be wrong tho...

I plan on being there as close to 6p as I can. I don't want to be any later than 6:10p, so please show early if you can. We should have a sit-down after the movie and discuss the future of the Abilene Fan Force. But we could save that for the next meeting.

I suggest stopping by the theater or going by Fandango.com to pick up your tickets. I don't know if it will be sold out, but there's a good chance.

See you guys then!

10. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    I got my ticket and I'm ready to meet ya'll. So I'll be there and I'll be looking for you.

11. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The meeting has been posted.

Y'all enjoy the movie, and let me know what decisions are made at the meeting. Start thinking of a chapter nickname too :)

Enjoy!

12. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    I have had some stuff come up. I probably will not make the movie. If you guys go anywhere after the movie give me a call and I might be able to meet you then. I will send Toby a private message with my cell and home numbers.

Harlan

13. strwrshrln

Jul 21, 2002
    Did we have at least 3 show up for the movie? Are we official yet? I was going to try and make it but had some things come up. Hopefully I can make the next meeting.

Harlan

14. BroodMcEto

Jan 14, 2002
    Unless you count my wife, no. EDIT:and David (Yoda) too!

We'll do it, I swear. David (Yoda) has an open schedule, so as long as Harlan, David (Yoda) and I can come up with something, then we'll do it. David (Spector) shouldn't be too hard to get in on one too, we'll just have to call him, since he doesn't check the boards too often. Jaina? Jaina? Where are you? We could sure use you.

Let's plan something. Let's do it soon. I say we meet at Starbucks and then go from there. Might make it easier for everyone involved.

15. Yoda525907

Oct 13, 2002
    As you said Toby, my schedule is pretty open. I'll be able to go just about anytime that is good for everyone else. If there is a conflict in schedules we need to know as soon as possible. Also an idea that might help the planning process is to maybe set aside a day a month for future meetings that way everyone has time to plan around it. Just an idea. That is if we want to make it a monthly thing or do it more often than that, say like every other week. Just have something solid and stick to it so that it stays constant. Well, that was my Republic Credit's worth anyway.

Toby it was nice to finally meet you, and I'm looking forward to meeting the rest of you as well.

David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.