main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HRD Jedis: Good or bad idea?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Even__Piell, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    But do the midis connect people to the Force? I'd like to believe that they are drawn to the Force and are therefore used as an indicator of Force strength. What's the official answer in that regard?
    There is no official answer here, but I'm with you. I don't think midichlorians are the cause; I simply think they're the effect. The way ants pool around a piece of candy, so midichlorians concentrate where an individual is strong in the Force. Thus it is possible to measure Force potential using the midichlorians, but they are not its cause.

-Paul

2. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Irek Ismaren had a computer chip in his brain that enhanced his Force abilities, those got upgraded and so did he (Lord Nyax).
    Joey ;)

3. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Irek's chip just allowed him to controll mechanical things better with his Force-powers. It didn't increase his Force-sensitivity.

The genetics theory of midichlorians is more plausible by "real life" standards. By that, I mean it is a lot more "mystical" to say some being "attracts" midichlorians because they are more powerful in the Force. Now, admittedly, I like the mystical nature of the Force and was dismayed at the introduction of midichlorians. So I thought about it.

I think that one of two things can happen: 1) the being is genetically predisposed to create more midichlorians due to a genetic endowment, or 2) the being is "chosen" by the Force and its/his/her body creates more midichlorians.

The reason I like this hypothesis is that 1) children of Force-users are more likely to be Force-sensitive (and evidence exists to support that claim) and 2) it leaves open the possibility of the Force to "choose" a being who wouldn't be genetically predisposed - thus allowing for the mystical side of things.

Think of it in terms of more real life, simple genetic traits: one's mom and dad could have the genetic make up to produce offspring very likely to have blond hair. Or the could Force choose to make a child blonde.

In the book The Science of Star Wars and in other places, midicholorians have been equated to mitochondria - those tiny things inside our cells that help create the energy our bodies run on. Well, if the Force is really created by all living things, it stands to reason that all living things have midichlorians in them. Those with more Force-sensitivity just have a concentration large enough to manifest Force-powers.

Therefore, it is possible that Force-sensitives are either genetically coded to make more midichlorians than others or the Force "activates" their bodies to make more midichlorians than others.

4. LordJoda-181

LordJoda-181 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2004
    Do present day Vong (NJO time) have midichlorians?

The Unifying Force Spoiler TUF made it clear they could someday regain force powers, so are the Midichlorians just sitting around doing nothing, like Tonsils.
    Joey ;)

5. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    If that's true, then it would depend on if the Force wants the HRD Jedi to retain its previous force powers, I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.