main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [HTTYD]How To Train Your Dragon: The Outcast Lands -- COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Jul 26, 2011.

1. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, everyone should listen to Gobber.

Also, they should also probably listen to this reader's comments from another site. They've given some very wise suggestions.

Oh frack, oh frack, oh frack.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES IN THE OTHER DIRECTION YOU FOOLS! FLEE IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE! ITS ALVIN THE TREACHEROUS!

*cough* No really I'm serious; run. Build a bunch of rafts and sail away. NOW.

LOL! Aparently, they've read the books.

2. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    It's a good thing hiccup is better...or at least getting better.

3. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Sorry for the delay. I gotten some freelance web database work come in, and I had to focus my time on that project. No only that, I also wanted to launch a new story over at the Beyond the Saga forum. Feel free to stop by and read my newest project. With that, here is the next chapter.

Chapter 12

Everyone followed Alvin and his Vikings as they led them to the village. Nearly everyone was overjoyed to see other Vikings on this island; it made it feel a little less wild. Astrid, on the other hand, seemed more distracted by Stormfly?s sudden disappearance. With Hiccup?s arm wrapped around her shoulders, she provided him balance and strength when walking on the stump which used to be his artificial foot. As she guided him, she remained silent, but Hiccup knew that the disappearance of the dragon was still on her mind. He was not as concerned as she was; he assumed that this was the help that the dragon was talking about, and that the Mood Dragon was probably waiting for them back at the village.

?Did I hear you correctly, that you?re from Berk?? Alvin asked Stoick, who was invited to walk next to him.

?Aye, it?s a tiny island on the south-eastern edge of the Barbaric Archipelago.

?By any chance, do you know the Viking by the name of Hiccup??

Stoick could not hide the shock on his face. ?Yes, he?s my son.?

He waved for Hiccup to join him up at front. Astrid helped Hiccup walk up to his father?s side; he was still having trouble walking on his broken prosthesis. He waved sheepishly, almost afraid of Alvin?s reaction to seeing how un-Viking-like he was.

?This is my son: Hiccup the Horrendous.?

The look on his face said everything; he was expecting a full-sized adult, not a tooth-pick of a kid. ?You? You?re responsible for killing the dragon queen and the Shadow Lord??

Snoutlout ran up and pushed Astrid out of the way so Hiccup could lean on him instead. ?Hey!? Astrid protested!

?He sure is, and I?m his older cousin!? Snotlout grinned in pride.

Astrid pulled Snotlout away from Hiccup by the ear, nearly causing Hiccup to trip. She gave Snotlout a hard jab in the shoulder before rushing back by Hiccup?s aide.

?Ow!?

?Yeah, only by a season,? she grumbled.

Alvin looked at the back of the group to see the Night Fury following them. ?By the gods, it is you!?

?Ah, and how do you know me, If I may ask??

Alvin let out a hefty chuckle. Hiccup notice how close it was to his father?s; it had that same powerful and authoritative tint to it. ?The stories of your heroism have spread across the Barbaric Archipelago. Our village is a big fan of yours.?

?Really? Fans?? Hiccup eyes lit up at thought of actually being popular for once. It was a nice change of paces to be liked from the beginning, after almost a lifetime of being scoffed at.

?Yes, our children love to hear the tales of the brave warrior who rides on the back of a Night Fury. We?ve also adopted the dragons of our island as our friends; of course, there are a few mindless, carnivorous species which can?t be reasoned with.?

?That?s to be expected. We?ve had our share of dragons like that,? Stoick replied. ?In fact, our village was just recently attacked by a couple of them, thus the reason for our journey. We were on our way to the Visitnug Territory to request help and supplies so we can rebuild.?

?And then the strange weather marooned you here instead,? Alvin put the last piece of the puzzle in place.

?More or less.?

?If you don?t mind me asking,? Gobber could not hold in his question any longer. ?How came we?ve never heard of you? Everyone has thinks your island is forbidden.?

?I wish I knew who started those rumors. I?d make them get pretty friendly with my ax!? Alvin replied. ?We keep to ourselves, for the most part; this island provides us with everything we need, though we would prefer it if we had more visitors every now or then.?

As they continued their journey through the forest, Alvin had stolen a few glances towards Hiccups cracked wooden stump of a leg. ?It looks like you?re in need of new leg.?

?Yeah, uh, we kind

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I can't help but find the name 'Alvin The Treacherous' so funny. I keep thinking of the chipmunk. :p

I wonder what he's planning [face_thinking]

5. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The name is funny, isn't it? Well, he's not an OC, so I can't take credit for or against the name. LOL

6. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    That's so weird because I always though of him as someone who kinda looked like an over sized chipmunk.

7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Another great update. =D=

The look on his face said everything; he was expecting a full-sized adult, not a tooth-pick of a kid. ?You? You?re responsible for killing the dragon queen and the Shadow Lord??

Snoutlout ran up and pushed Astrid out of the way so Hiccup could lean on him instead. ?Hey!? Astrid protested!

[face_laugh] I love the humor between the cast you throw in here. Your characterizations, as always, are fun to read. =D=

Hiccup could not reply; he was so stunned. Viggor was the splitting image of Gobber, except for the black hair. He even had peg leg and an interchangeable, prosthetic hand. The resemblance was uncanny.

Very interesting. =D= Especially after the comparisons of Stoik and Alvin . . .

The two identical looking men inspected each other, and an instant competitive nature began to form in both of them. ?Oh, you mean this is your work?? Viggor pointed to the broken prosthesis. ?Better let the younger, more experienced blacksmith, like myself, handle it.?

?More Experience? Ah, that?s a joke!? Gobber snarled.

[face_laugh]

Very interesting. [face_thinking]

Someone spreading rumors or not, it is odd that such a tribe is so isolated. Something fishy is up. Your writing is wonderful with that, by the way - I am not familiar with the canon for this fandom outside of the movie, and even without having prior knowledge, Alvin comes across as the 'too good to be true' kind of creeper. [face_worried]

Anyway, nice work. I can't wait for more. =D=

~MJ @};-

8. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Thank you. I figured this story was in need of some lighthearted humor. Now that the danger SEEMINGLY is over, they can enjoy joking around a little more.

Chapter 13

?Okay, son, tell me how this feels,? Viggor said as he took a step back.

He had finished with Hiccup?s temporary prosthesis, as crude as it was. He took two thick branches and tied them to his wooden leg to strengthen the rotting wood. With a few nails, he attached a block of wood at the bottom, which would serve as his foot. The wood was carefully carved in a curve to match Hiccups natural walking stride. He could not ride Toothless with this arrangement, but again, this was only a temporary fix until his new prosthesis was complete.

Hiccup stood up from his stool, a task now made easier with that block of wood; it was a promising start. Next, came the more difficult part. He prayed to the gods that it would work well enough that he would not have to depend on anyone to help him walk from place to place.

Taking a deep breath, he took a step forward onto his prosthesis and managed to stay on his feet. He continued the test by walking across the shop as Viggor and Gobber watched. He walked with a slight limp, but this little fix of Viggor?s seemed good enough for now. ?I think this will do.?

?Keep in mind, this is only temporary,? Viggor assured him. ?By tomorrow, I?ll have an artificial leg that?s fit for a hero.?

?Well?? Gobber stepped forward. ?This may be a very primitive shop, but I think I can whip something up that should be somewhat up to my standards.?

?Primitive? I?ve seen your work, and it?s anything but impressive.?

What was it with these two? From the very beginning, it was hate at first sight. Hiccup had never seen Gobber this competitive before. There was nothing in the world worst than two hard-headed Vikings going at it, so while they were arguing, Hiccup sneaked out of the shop.

Astrid and Bitwolf had been sitting outside the hut talking while Hiccup was getting his prosthesis made. When they saw him come out, they were immediately at his side. ?I see you?re walking on your own again.?

?It?ll do,? Hiccup replied with very little enthusiasm. As long as he was grounded from flying on the back of his Night Fury, he would not be very happy with any type of prosthesis given to him.

Hiccup looked at the expressions on his friend?s faces and could tell that he had interrupted a deep conversation. They wore unease on their faces as if it was naturally painted onto them. ?What?s up, guys??

Astrid looked at Bitwolf, using her eyes to tell him that he had better start the discussion. Bitwolf understood the message. ?Something is not right here; we?re both very uneasy about all of this.?

?All of what??

?This village? Alvin? all of it!? Astrid replied. ?Something is seriously outta whack here!?

?Our island is only a day from the western shore of this island. As far as I know, no one from my tribe has ever heard of these people.?

?Let?s not forget that they ?claim? that they?ve adopted the dragons on this island as their friends. There?s not a single docile dragon anywhere to be seen in this village; I don?t count the wild beasts that?ve tried to kill us since we?ve been here.?

?How about Stormfly?? Hiccup pointed out. The mood dragon was the one responsible for bringing them here in the first place.

?Where is she? We haven?t seen her since the cave.? Bitwolf replied

?I?I don?t trust her, Hiccup? That dragon has a nasty tendency to lie, and when she wasn?t, she was very vague about everything. Stormfly is where my unease began,? Astrid replied. She felt bad that she had such a distrust for the dragon, but she could not shake her gut feelings on the matter; something was amiss.

?Pardon me!? Alvin came out of nowhere to startling all three of the young adults. ?Forgive me for intruding, but did you say something about Stormfly? Have you seen her??

Hiccup?s friends turned their eyes towards him. They were leaving it up to him whether or not to tell the Viking chief the truth. He could read it on their fa

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I share Astrid's and Bitwolf's uneasiness.

Stormfly is becoming more and more puzzling.

10. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Loved tlittle ruff and tuff brother sister moment at the end.

11. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yeah, Ruffnut and Tuffnut are a blast to do.

12. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 14

Alvin had not been kidding when he called it a feast. Never has Hiccup seen so much food in all of his life. If there was one thing Vikings were good at, it was eating; The Outcast tribe did it even better than the rest. For a small tribe, they had enough food to feed one three times its size. Snotlout and Fishlegs were beyond themselves when they saw the amount of food at the banquet table. ?I don?t know about you all, but I?ve died and gone to Valhalla!? Snotlout said.

?Can you believe this? Look at all this food!? Astrid gasped. Even she had to admit that the food looked scrumptious.

?I?m telling you all, something is not right here,? Bitwolf mumbled so not to be heard by anyone of the Outcast tribe. ?This is way too good to be true.?

?If this is a dream, then I don?t ever wanna wake up!? Tuffnut replied, wiping the drool off his lips with his wrist.

?Is that a roasted pig I see?? Ruffnut asked. Pork was a very rare commodity on Berk; no one on the island raised pigs. That was why their primary diet consisted of lamb and sea food.

?Not too shabby, if I may say so, myself.? Hiccup agreed. He was going to have to sneak out some of this delicious food out for Toothless the first chance he got.

The young Vikings were directed to a bench where they could be together, along with Stoick and Gobber. Fishlegs stared at the food at the center of the table, anxiously waiting to grab himself some of this mouth watering food. ?This is the best day of my life!?

There was a large empty space in the center of the room. It was perfectly placed so every person at every table had a view of this spot in the room. This was where Alvin would address his tribe on special occasions like this one.

Alvin stood in the center of the room, holding a big wooden mug of ale in his right hand. The moment he stepped into the center of the room, the room came to a deafening silence. ?Today is a rare day for us. It?s not often when the gods bless us with visitors. These Vikings have come from the tribe of Berk. They are in need of our assistance, for it appears that two rouge dragons have decimated their home. I have invited them to stay with us a few days to rest and relax. When their friends return from their journey to the Visitnug Territory, I have promised that we will come with them to their island to help them rebuild.?

The Vikings in the room applauded at the news. Hiccup was glad to hear that help was coming for Berk. He supposed his father sat down with the Viking chief and told him everything that had happened leading up to coming to this village. Within the next two or three days Ivar and the Killagain tribe will arrive here to the Island. When they arrived with Berk?s Vikings, they could all return to Berk and begin the process of rebuilding.

?It?s an honor to have you, Stoick the Vast and Hiccup the Horrendous, at our village in the meantime. This feast is in your honor. So let?s eat to our heart?s content; this is a celebration!?

Everyone cheered as they commenced their feast. The young Vikings of Berk went wild grabbing food as if there was no tomorrow. Snotlout and Tuffnut were the most aggressive of them. Seeing this caused Alvin to chuckle. He was on his way to his table when he saw a pair of yellow eyes looking in through the crack of the door.

?Viggor, save some of that roasted pig for me; I?ll return momentarily.? The Viking chief made his way to the door. After making sure no one was following him, he pushed open the door and stepped outside. ?It?s very dangerous for you to be out in the open like this, witch.?

The old Ethiopian woman frowned. The disrespect that her son continued to show towards her was quickly getting on her nerves. Perhaps he was embarrassed by her? His father was a strong Viking chief, and by Viking tradition, it was taboo for a Viking to marry outside their own kind. However, Alvin?s father did just that, and married her. As a penalty, they were banished from their tribe. This was all before Alvin was born, but somehow, she still got the sense that her son resented her for

13. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    For some odd reason, upon reading that, I thought that sounded like something Leia would say about the Falcon: "No Princess would be caught dead traveling in that piece of junk."

Anxious to learn more about Stormfly. And Alvin and his villigers freak me out a bit, especially the fact that Gobber and Viggor have similar names and look a lot alike... coincidence? I doubt it. PM please?

14. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    When their friends return from their journey to the Visitnug Territory, I have promised that we will come with them to their island to help them rebuild.

o_O Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

I wonder what the real story between Alvin and Stomfly is. :.?

15. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    I'm actually kinda hungry after readin this and I don't like roasted pig what so ever.

16. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    And the plot thickens. [face_devil][face_thinking]

Great few updates. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. =D=

~MJ @};-

17. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Welcome, Book-Geek, you've been added to the PM list.

A new chapter is coming in a few days.

Yeah, this past chapter just happened to be perfectly timed for Thanksgiving. Trust me, that was purely coincidental.

18. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 15

Toothless was excited for the opportunity to fly again; trying to fasten the harness on him, while he was this excited, was a difficult task. There was no calming the Night Fury down when he got like this, so it took Hiccup longer than it should have. ?Okay, we?re ready to go. I supposed now is as good of a time as any to test out my new leg.?

Astrid took her place by Toothless? neck, stroking him to keep him still for Hiccup?s first attempt to climb onto the saddle with his new prosthesis. The Night Fury lowered himself giving Hiccup the chance to get on his back.

Hiccup put his makeshift foot into the stirrup?s tread clamp; the spring loaded coils in his foot pressed down as he put all of his body?s weight on it in the process of climbing. It was successful in handling the weight. The coils gave his left leg additional strength to make getting up on the saddle easier than ever before. As his weight came off his prosthesis, it locked into the clamp.

After positioning himself comfortably on the saddle, he tested his new leg once more to see how it handles controlling Toothless?s artificial tail-fin. Carefully, he pushed his knee down to causes the tail-fin to expand. His foot remained locked into the clamp without any problems. He pulled up his knee, and the tail-fin collapsed and his foot yet again remained locked into the stirrup.

The final test was to see how easy it was to unlock his prosthesis from the latch. He put weight on the prosthesis until the coils were pressed down, and with a soft metallic CLICK he could slide his foot out of the stirrup. Sliding it back in, he put pressure down on the coils again and it relocked perfectly.

Astrid smiled up at Hiccup. ?I?d call that a successful test.?

?So would I.? Hiccup offered his hand down to her.

She grabbed his hand and accepted his help up onto the saddle, sitting behind him. Hiccup could feel her arms wrap around his waist. He could almost feel the enthusiasm and anticipation radiating from her. It?s been awhile since the last time they flew together. There was a serious task to be done, but that didn?t mean they couldn?t have fun doing it. An aerial view of the island was a relaxing adventure; an adventure that both of them could use right about now.

?Okay Toothless, we?re ready to ??

Hiccup looked around to notice a large crowd of Vikings gathering around them. The news got around the village that Hiccup and Toothless were going to fly around the island, and they were all anxious to see them take flight. The children, in particular, were the most excited to see the Night Fury in flight with their own eyes. After hearing all the stories of the adventures of Hiccup and his Night Fury, this was their first time that they were going to see one in person.

Astrid put a hand on his shoulder. ?You?re a hero to these people.?

Hiccup looked out at the children that had gathered around. He could see the anticipation in their eyes, waiting to see their legendary hero take to the sky on his dragon. ?I know, and it feels very weird.?

Toothless let out an impatient grumble; he was ready to fly, and could not understand what the delay was about. Sensing his restlessness, Hiccup decided not to keep him waiting. ?Let?s go Toothless.?
    Toothless grinned as he extended his wings. Hiccup did his part and extended Toothless? left tail-fin. With everything set, the dragon leapt off the ground. The on-looking Vikings cheered as the Night Fury cut through the sky with great agility and swiftness. They had seen many dragons fly, but the way a Night Fury flew was more beautiful to behold. Of all the flying dragons, they ruled the sky like no other. Very few Vikings ever got the opportunity to behold one of these rare creatures; and that was why they cheered with great exuberance.

It did not take Toothless very long to reach above all the trees of the island. Before long, they were flying through the white, billowy clouds. ?Aw man, I can?t tell you how much more I can do now with these new improvements!?

Astrid smiled, happy to see Hiccup back

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    It's nice to be flying again. :D

There's something living inside the volcano?

20. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    There's something inside the Volacno. That is not good. Especially if it's going to harm the villagers.[face_worried]

21. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Yea, something is swimming around in the Volcano. I wonder what it can be?

22. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Something inside of the volcano? It reminds me of this one scooby doo movie episode.

23. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 16

With Hiccup searching for Stormfly, the village started to resemble its old self? somewhat. There was an unforeseen consequence of allowing Hiccup and his Vikings from Berk to come to the village. Their arrival had brought hope to those who opposed him. If he was not careful, he could lose his hold on this village. That was why he had men, loyal to him, quietly imprisoning known Vikings who was against his rule as Viking chief. He could not allow a coup to take place when he was so close to having an army of dragons at his disposal.

Alvin was walking by the blacksmith shop when Viggor came out of the hut. ?You have a moment??

Alvin chuckled as he gave him a hard slap on his right upper-arm. ?Of course, my friend. I assume that you handled Snarsbait and his family.?

Viggor nodded with pride. ?I turned their dwellings into a new confinement hut. It has the potential to hold five more Vikings.?

?Good job, my friend,? Alvin laughed. ?I can always depend upon you.?

?I?m glad you feel that way. Perhaps, then, you?ll take me advice.?

?And what advice do you have for me??

Viggor looked around to see if any of Berk?s Vikings were near-by. ?I think the time has come that we make our move. We should put all of the boy?s friends in a confinement hut, and use that as an incentive for him to do what you want.?

?Trust me, that idea has crossed my mind,? Alvin admitted. ?But he?s too smart. He?d just find a way to free them and ruin my plans yet again. That lad has thwarted my plans twice; there will not be a third.?

A shadow flew over them, catching their attention; Toothless was coming in for a landing. Alvin nodded his head, signally his friend that their conversation would have to continue later. Understanding the situation, Viggor headed back for his shop.

As Toothless landed, the Vikings of the village were quick to gather around him once again. As Alvin went to greet Hiccup and his girlfriend, he could not help think about how things were soon going to change for the popular lad. His growing hatred for the young hero continued to grow, making it harder for him to pretend to be friendly towards him and his friends. The boy has been a constant thorn in his side for the past year. It was time that he paid the price for everything he has done, and Alvin will be there, celebrating, when justice finally came.

Hiccup dismounted from the Night Fury?s back along with his pretty little girl friend. Alvin had contemplated sacrificing the girl to the Furious first, just to make him suffer. The only reason he decided against it was, because as long as he lived, he would be a threat. Hiccup had already ruined his chances to add two of the most deadly dragons to his army. Actually, if he was able to get his hands on Green Death or the Shadow Lord, he would not need an army of dragons; they were more than deadly enough on their own. Instead, the boy had gone and killed both of them, leaving him dragonless. If he could not have those two dragons, then he will have Berk?s, and with that many dragons obeying him, Rome would fall.

After Rome was destroyed, he seriously contemplated going after the Chinese. Rumors were spreading that they had discovered a powder that can weaponize fire. He would not stand any form of competition; therefore, the Chinese had to be brought down to size.

Hiccup and Astrid urgently pressed through the gathering crowd of Vikings towards him. Alvin hoped the anxious looks on their faces was a good sign. ?So, any luck finding Stormfly??

Hiccup scratched the back of his scalp as he looked down at his feet. ?Eh?no, but we?ve got another situation.?

?Your volcano is going to erupt. We?re all in a lot of danger,? Astrid pressed.

Alvin half expected them to discover the imminent danger that the Volcano. He knew perfectly well that the volcano was in danger of erupting. He and the witch were the only ones that knew the truth. His story of Surtur the Fire Giant was nothing more than a fairy tale. It was the only way to convince his tribe that they were safe. Somehow, his mother knew

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Alvin is very ambitious in his plots, isn't he?

25. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    I'm just going to love it if that volcano blows up in Alvin's face, both literally and figuratively.

Hopefully someone will catch on before Alvin can do a lot of damage.[face_worried]