main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [HTTYD]How To Train Your Dragon: The Outcast Lands -- COMPLETED

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by mrjop2, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What a nasty little wart that they have on their hands. o_O

Interesting update, you certainlly are building the plot up quite well. :)

~MJ @};-

2. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

PadmeSkywalkerSHM Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 25, 2010
    Alvin is definitely a schemer...

Just like me. Except for the fact I usually scheme when playing a joke not for whatever he's doing.

3. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Give me a few more days for the next chapter. Sorry for the delay, but I just got a new Kindle Fire, and I can't put it down!

4. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 17: The Woman in the Woods

It was painful to watch the friendly humans search for her, and not be able to respond; they didn?t know The Evil One in the way she did. Stormfly knew that they were being used against her, and there was no way of warning them without revealing herself. The witch was keeping a close eye on them, making it impossible for her to talk to them.

She had herself to blame for her current predicament. She had wanted to bring them to the old woman in the forest; that female was the only one, on this island, who could help them now. The problem was how to direct them there without being spotted by the old witch.

The memories of all the horrible things that Alvin had done to her had caused her to gain a paralyzing fear of humans for a long time. The Evil One was her first ever encounter with them right from the moment she hatched from her egg. At first, he seemed very friendly and compassionate; she wished she had only heeded the warnings of the other dragons on this island. The witch had given her the ability to speak and fully comprehend the Norse language. Stormfly thought that the gift of speech, she gave her, would only confirm her trust in the humans.

As it turned out, it was the other dragon?s fears that ended up being confirmed. The Evil One had the witch give her this gift to rise up all the dragons on the Island to go to war against another group of his own kind. She abhorred unnecessary violence, and the thought to be used as the human?s weapon was something she did not like to dwell on. When she refused, the Evil One had his followers torture her. She had managed to escape before he had the chance to carry out his threat to kill her, and she had never been back to the village since.

That was the beginning of her distrust of the humans, but when she came across the old human female in the woods, she quickly learned that, like dragons, there were many types of humans and even more different types of personalities. She then told her that one day, a new group of Vikings will come to the island, and one of those Vikings would be a brave, young girl. This young girl would be in need of her help, for she would have suffered a great lost, and would become reckless with her own life. That was why she called the young blond-haired girl ?Camicazi?. As the old woman foretold, she could see the turmoil in Camicazi. Stormfly had no idea why, but despite the tough, aggressive appearance on the outside, she was grieving. Her grief was what prompted her to separate herself from her friends when they were attacked by the Skullions. She was the one that the old woman told her to befriend, and that?s what she did when rescuing her from certain death at the jaws of those mindless land dragons.

There was no doubt that she had to do something to save Camicazi and her friends; she was also certain that this would be her last opportunity to do so. The volcano was coming alive, and the monstrosity that lived inside of it was awakening. As much as the witch wanted to believe that she controlled that monster, he was a monster that could not be controlled or reasoned with. She had encountered Furious once before and barely survived. There was no questioning his intelligence, but he was still a mindless creature whose sole instinct was to devour any and all prey. The dragon had showed no signs of understanding her attempt to communicate with him; either that, or he did not care what she had to say.

With time running out, she may have to risk exposing herself to get the young humans to the old woman in the woods. There was no longer any way around it. As long as the whole group stayed together, there was always a chance that she would be successful in helping them escape.

All of the young Vikings were more than willing to work together to find the dragon, despite the threat of the volcano. Hiccup had to wonder if his friends really understood the danger they were in. The only one that seemed to understand was his father. Stoick made it clear that he thought searching for the Mood drago

5. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Ah, now who could this be?[face_thinking]

Great update!=D=

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And they finally meet. :D

I can't wait to see how she can help them, and I especially liked seeing Astrid and Stormfly's connection deepen even more. It's a very interesting read. =D=

~MJ @};-

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Loved seeing through Stormfly's eyes.

Great chapter!

8. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Really like the bonding between stormfly and Astrid!

9. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    The Force.Net forums are making the move in the next few weeks. These forums may be down for a few weeks, so I hope you'll still be around when it returns. I will try to have another have chapter up before then. Sorry for the long wait between chapters. A lot of change is happening in the family.

10. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 18: Captured

The people of the Outcast tribe were acting very strangely when they returned to the village. At first, Stoick was thinking that he was allowing Astrid and his son?s suspicion cloud his judgment. It quickly became apparent that was not imagining it. The Vikings were intentionally avoiding them. He wasn?t the only that noticed it either.

?Why is everyone avoiding us? Do I smell or something?? Snotlout asked.

The village was usually bustling with Viking children running around in play, but there was not one kid in sight. The adults looked at them and immediately became skittish and went out of their way to keep away. The very people who had once lavished them with awe and attention were now showering them with distrust and disdain.

Tuffnut chucked. ?Ha, perhaps it?s your look that?s scaring them away.?

Ruffnut was in no mood for his teasing; unleashing her quick temper, she plowed her fist into his nose, perhaps harder than she had ever done in the past. ?Ow! You didn?t have to hit me so hard, I was only joking!?

?You didn?t have to be so stupid.?

Gobber walked up to his friend?s side. ?What?d ya think crawled up their trousers??

Stoick didn?t know what was happening, but there was an increasing pressure in his mind, warning him that they were in grave danger. His instincts were telling them that they needed to leave, and quick. The trick was going to be how to leave without raising suspicion.

?Hey, what?s that noise?? Bitwolf said, alerting them to a strange thumping noise in the distance.

Everyone looked around the village; it was Fishlegs who pinpointed where the noise was coming from. ?Over there!?

At the far end of the village, a group of twenty Vikings were fighting to shut a door to a hut that looked like a stable for livestock. Instead of livestock being pushed into the enclosed stable, it was Toothless. The dragon already had a leather strap around his short, rounded snout, preventing him from opening his mouth to breath fire. They could see the Night Fury through a barred window; he was franticly trying to prevent himself from being encaged, but the twenty Vikings were too much for the likes of an angry Night Fury. The Vikings overpowered the dragon, and were able to shut the door and lock the dragon inside.

Stoick had never been so angry in his life. Seeing Toothless treated like this brought out an anger that he rarely showed in public. Toothless was his son?s dragon, who displayed almost human-like qualities. That made the dragon a part of his family, and he did not take any threats, to his family, lightly. ?Hey, what?s the meaning of this!?

Coming, seemingly, out of nowhere, a large group of Outcast Viking warriors surrounded them. Each one was wearing battle armor, and had their axes in front of them. There was no mistaking the threatening tone to their demeanors. ?What?s this? I demand to know what?s going on!?

?I thought it?d be more clear, Stoick the Vast, of the Isle of Berk,? Alvin said as he walked out of his personal hut. With him was an elderly Ethiopian woman, who wore a one piece dress made out of hide of some sort of furry animal. She was wildly unkempt; making Stoick wonder if she was some sort of witch doctor. ?You have something we want, and I need you and your people out of my way until I get it.?

?What could we possibly have that you would want?? Bitwolf asked.

?Your dragons, or course.?

Hiccup and Astrid followed the old woman to her hut. She was strangely unafraid of walking through the jungle. With all the dangerous dragons on this island, she walked through her jungle as if none of the threats were real. They were surprised, even more, when they arrived to her humble abode. It was simply a small hut made from the natural growing trees. There were no walls to this hut. In fact, there was no physical work done on this hut at all. It was as if she found this spot in the forest, and made it her home. The trees were perfectly placed to protect her from the elements. It was hardly a hut at all.

?I?ve been expecting both of you, bu

11. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    EEEK!:eek: Bad guys revealing evil twisted plan to the good guys! Never good! And a cliffie! *faints*

12. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh boy! Evil cliffie. [face_worried]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ack, now that is a cliffie! :eek:

But well done, though. [face_devil]=D=

~MJ @};-

14. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    You just had to stop there!!!!!!

15. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 19: Imprisonment

Hiccup found the rope, which was tied around his wrist, to be very itchy; it was almost torture in of itself. Based on the way Astrid?s wrists were fidgeting, he guessed that she found it just as uncomfortable. The old woman that they found was receiving the same treatment, which only confirmed to him that there was a lot of truth behind what she said. He could not believe that he had been so wrong about the Viking chief of the Outcast tribe..

?Wh?why are you doing this? Why do you want to restart the war with the Romans?? The old woman already told her what she suspected, but he wanted to hear it from his own ears.?

?She told you about that, huh?? Alvin grinned. ?Well, I?ll let you keep on pondering on that with what little time you have left.?

Hiccup?s eyes widen as well as Astrid?s. Both of them realized what he intended for them, and it did not bode well with them. ?What did we ever do to you?? Astrid protested.

Alvin tempter took a startling turn that even made Astrid flinch. There was a tone in his voice that suggested that this was a very personal matter to him, as if they had gone out of the way to hurt him. His anger was focused directly at Hiccup. His eyes were shooting daggers at him with extreme hatred. ?What haven?t you pesky kids done? I?ve been hard at work trying to mass an army of dragons, but your continual interference has driven me to these drastic measures.?

Astrid noticed all of his hate was going towards Hiccup. It didn?t take a genius to figure out why. ?What could Hiccup possible have done to warrant this madness??

?At first, I was in search for a single dragon powerful enough to wipe out all of Rome. I then heard rumors that a Seadragonus Giganticus Maximus was discovered living in a dormant volcano on Dragon Island.?

?The dragon queen?? Hiccup couldn?t imagine that even Alvin the Treacherous would be able to tame such a monster. It was a highly intelligent beast that cared nothing but itself. It ate everything and anything that crossed her path. Even if Alvin did have a witch at his whim, Hiccup doubted that it would have made any difference at all.

?Yes, but you killed the beast days before I arrived to the Island. I was willing to let this little indiscretion slide, but you interfered, yet again! I learned that Ivar the Fearsome had discovered a Shadow Dragon.? Ivar spoke with a facial gesture as if he was talking with a bad taste in his mouth. The thought of everything Hiccup had ?done? to him was filling him with vile hatred. ?I was determined to find this dragon before he could slay the beast, but you had to go and kill that dragon as well, now didn?t you??

Alvin?s anger took over as he stopped their parade back to the village. He rabidly reached out and grabbed him by his shirt. Defenseless to defend himself, he could do nothing but take the blow as the Viking chief delivered a massive shot to gut with his giant fists. The wind was knocked out of him, as he fell to the ground crouching with his arms covering his stomach. He almost started to see a bright light as he struggled to find away to get air back into his lungs before he suffocated.

?SON OF A... HALF-TROLL...? without any care of possible repercussions, she charged at the Viking chief, escaping the clutches of the nearest Viking who had tried to stop her attack.

Alvin swung the back of his hand, slapping her across the face with such force that she fell onto her rear end. It took her several seconds to overcome the dizziness she felt as the aftermath of his slap. Seeing the look on her face, he bellowed out a hardy chuckle. ?There?s nothing any of you can do now. Since your ?boyfriend? took away my dragons, I will take away all of Berk?s dragons... after I burn your village down to the ground, that is.?

?Y?you wouldn?t!? She gasped, rubbing the side of her face which felt like a hundred needles pricking at the same time.

Alvin stomped towards and leaned down over her as means of intimidation. He had more on his mind, but Lanell, the old woman, stepped up to his side in a challeng

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I hope something happens soon to help our heros or they will be dragon food. [face_worried]

17. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Just waiting for a miracle to happen for our heroes... because I have a feeling Alvin would take great pleasure in feeding Hiccup to a hypnotized Toothless.[face_worried]

18. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010
    Exciting new update!!!!!!

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Eeck! [face_worried]

I am becoming more and more concerned over the whole 'our heroes are about to become dragon chow' bit. :p

But I am eager to see how you get them out of this bind. :D

Another excellent update. [:D]

~MJ @};-

20. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    Chapter 20: The Fury of The Furious

Alvin and his Vikings brought Hiccup and the others to edge of village, near the foot of the volcano. With all the axes and swords pointing at them, there was very little opportunity for them to try to fight themselves free. They came to the edge of a cliff. It was not a very deep drop; they even had a rope ladder that could be used to climb down into the pit. Hiccup had troubles believing that it was natural made cavity; the walls circled around and ended at the steep incline of the volcano. The Outcast tribe must have worked many years on this pit. There appeared to be a large cave entranced on the side of the mountain.

Alvin pushed him towards the ladder as the rest of the Vikings kept his friends back. ?Okay, Hiccup the Horrendous, you?re the dragon whisperer. Let?s see you work your magic.? Alvin untied his wrists. The rope had been tied so tightly, that his they were slightly discolored. He rubbed his sore wrists as he looked back at his friends. Alvin was taking no chances; all of his friends were being bound by ropes to assure that did not try anything. If Alvin was anything, he was thorough.

Behind them, off in the distance, he could see the stall where Toothless was doing everything he could to break out of his prison. Letting out a series of furious growls and grunts, Toothless used his body as a battering ram. The Night Fury sensed that Hiccup was in danger, and was desperate to get out and help.

Alvin pointed the head of his ax at his chest, bringing Hiccup?s attention back to his own situation. ?Down you go!?

If the ax at his chest was not motivation enough, the weapons surrounding his friends and family was. Toothless was giving everything he had in escaping; Hiccup had to buy time until the Night Fury succeeded. Grudgingly, he obeyed, but he also did so at snail?s pace. Whether Alvin was growing impatient with his delay tactics, Hiccup couldn?t tell it by his posture. As he climbed down, he looked up and saw the very same witch from his dreams standing at the edge of the cliff. No doubt she was going to use her magic to control the dragon, or at least, fool herself into thinking that she?s controlling it. Lanell, her sister, had her doubts that she could keep the dragon under her control for very long. Perhaps if he could survive long enough, the dragon would wake from the spell.

The moment his feet touched the bottom of the pit, one of the Vikings at the top pulled the ladder up, taking away his only means of escape. Being at the bottom of the pit had a much different feel to it than being at the top. Down there, he felt submerged in the thick, oily slime of evil; he could almost swim through it. He had no idea what kind of dragon to expect, but something told him that there would be no reasoning with this dragon. If, by its mere presence, it could emanate this kind cloud of malevolence, then chances were that it followed only after its lust for blood. Yet, he held onto hope that what he was feeling was the witch?s doing.

From up above, the old witch began to spew one of her nerve fraying chants. She spoke in a strange tongue, one that was clearly not Norse. Her voice echoed in the air, somehow being amplified in the process. At first, he still could not get beyond his doubt that perhaps this old woman was nothing more than a fraud, but as she spoke, the sound of thunder bellowed from the sky. Storm clouds evolved over a large area; Hiccup would guess that shadowed over the volcano and the entire village. Startling him further was red lightning bolts shooting up out of the mouth of the volcano and into the dark cloud.

He first feared that he was led down here only to have the Volcano erupt and the pit to fill with lave with him in it. That situation faded as the terrifying sound of a monstrous roar shouted from within the cave. The roar came from a gigantic dragon, there was no mistaking it. Yet, the type of roar sounded vaguely familiar. Within the pitch black inside the cave entrance, two small blue eyes glowed at the very top of the cave.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: Oh boy! Here we go.

22. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Well. Toothless is free. Alvin and his Vikings are offically DOOOMED! Bwhahaha!

Loved Stormfly coming to the rescue!=D=

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    And it's ON. :cool:

Awesome new update. =D=

~MJ @};-

24. mrjop2

Jun 6, 2007
    It's too bad, it's on just as the move is here. I will have the remaining chapters posted after the move, if that's too long of a wait, I'll have story probably completed on FF.Net during the move. That is, of course, if this move does take several weeks to complete.

25. PadmeSkywalkerSHM

Nov 25, 2010