main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Huge LAN Night

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Lazarus, Aug 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Thats an interesting idea, but then ppl would be less likely to borrow stuff..... heey... a plan with no draw-backs.. I like it. ;)

2. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    The transport guys in 16 Bn used to do that with their "magazines"

3. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I've borroed some stuff from you and you've borrowed some from me. Should take inventory sometime. ;)
    Anyway, I've love to come along to a LAN day but Sundays are out. You can all feel my wrath another time.

4. Lord_Lazarus

Lord_Lazarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    Alrighty then.....

The LAN nights official details are as such...

Date: Sunday 2nd of September
    Time: 10am to 10 pm
    Cost: Rental - $25; BYO Computer - $20

There will be varoius caffiene drinks being sold at the venue, but food stuffs are not being sold. However, there are many fast food type places a short walk away.
    Also you can bring any fod and drinks (non-alcoholic) that you want.

Go here to confirm your place on the list. If there are any problems, questions or anything else, either post them on here, PM me or e-mail me at lazarus@iinet.net.au.

5. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    k, I was talking to someone today about this lan... and they were talking about bringing thier speakers!!!

Im not sure about this lan, but the clan center and UWALAN lans both stress NO speakers... Headphones only

This is because someone would turn thier speakers so they can hear thier game, and the next will do the same as a result and so on... the end result = lotsa noise, no-one can hear thier game..

I've emailed an enquiry about this just to be sure.. (it would be hella cool if i was wrong)

better to know now than to rock up with speakers and not be able to use em eh? ;)

I'll keep ya updated on the response...

6. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    As far as I recall, it is slated to be headphones only, but at the same time I don't remember it being brought up at any of the POGS committee meetings.....

In most cases at LANs it is loud enough with all the people screaming "STOP PICKING ON ME YO BIATCH!!!" and varoius other things, let alone haveing game noises blasting away aswell... :p

Edit: Damn face codes not being what I remember!!!

7. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    MESSAGE FROM THE LAN:

No-one will play me anymore... I just kicked thier ass too much :)

lol, good fun though... well, almost time to finish up...

this is stinky j, signing off...

8. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    I would like to thank SJ for caning everyone at the LAN.... it made one of the POGS people who was bragging for weeks about how good he is shut his trap once and for all. I mean I was better than him, and Stinky was thrashing me, so I don't know where he got the idea he was good from.

Thanks All fo coming....

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    So would that be the guy who had to come into the room every time a match was over and give a blow by blow account of all the excuses as to why someone got him, or the guy who complains when someone is talking to a girl he fancies?
    Either way, I wish we were using real guns...

10. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    It sounds like it was good fun, what games where played?

Three cheers for Stinky then is it?

Hip Hip...

11. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    HOOOORAAAY!! :D

Well, I was waiting for the challenge from SM to play Xwing Alliance.. (A game Im not much good at, but enjoy anyway) but it never came ;)

This is for SK's benifet... :)
    [image=http://members.iinet.net.au/~red5/Wahoo/SJ-CS.jpg]

Soz, being in a clan where good scores are to be shared, pressing the screengrab button at the end of a map is reflex action... ;)

12. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, I brought the CD's but my rental machine had no cd drive, which was annoying, particularly as Sith Witch and I also wanted to play Vampire: The Masquerade,
    anyway, I think we should have another OR lan night in the not to distant future,
    SJ, consider the gauntlet thrown down [face_devil]

13. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *looks at the gauntlet*

hmmm, well you threw it there... pick up your own damn glove ;)
    Hey, I didnt say I would be challenging to beat. I just didnt know the hire computers didnt have cd drives.. But in the spirit of fun I'll accept your challenge.

14. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    The guy I was talking about in the earlier posts has the nick Hilibilli (or something like that) on the score sheet that SJ posted.... look how much further ahead I am, and then double that for SJ.....

I still want to know where he got the idea he was good from :)

15. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Good old screen grabs ay? Never let you down! :)

Grizzly, what happen man??

That guy only got 7 frags I thought you said he was good? Or does he reckon he was?

Overall though it shows terrorist one in total score. So who's who? I mean some of them I can work out but who are the others, and how many people were there? Ay Yay Yay, so many questions! :)

16. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    What happened?? I wandered into a game I have never played before, and tried to figure it out on the fly.... also Win ME is such a great gaming platform, it locks and freezes, or just drops you back to the desktop at random times :mad: especially during the only multiplayer game I have any experience at, Unreal Tournament.. didn't have much luck there either, due to a lack of practice cos Win ME doesn't like it.

17. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    u gotta get more practice before the next one :)

18. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah Unreal Tournment my sort of game to, then again I would still play anyone in CS, if they asked. :)

Yeah WinMe sucks :) Windows 2000 UrgHHH!!! Yeah!

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    lol, Long live w2k! down with WinME!
    unfortunately, you cant play the original quake or duke nukem in w2k.. or any other dos based games.
    well you can.. but with no sound its kind of sucky..
    no sound due to the lameness of the dos prompt in 2k.. if theres anyway around that though...

20. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    You can get a dos emulator but I dont play many games like that anymore. I wounldnt mind playing them again though...hmmmm

Still Win2k Works for me so I might not change anything, I might get back luck twenty times over.

Thats happen before :(

21. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, I agree..
    I tried putting ME back on the other day to dual boot with W2k.. problem is, ME does something to the hd that makes it unreadable to any other OS..
    so w2k copied all the files on, restarted into dos then couldnt read the hd... smart one microsoft..
    Anyway.. after having ME crash about 6 or so times in an evening and finding that it has no support for P4's (stupid considering its one of the newest MS OS's) I decided, hell.. Now I remember why I changed to W2k... and re-ghosted my hd to it... ahh.. bliss... comps been on for 4 days straight, with no probs... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.