main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    That's the thing: there probably are many of them, and they were reined-in by Palpatine. Killing the one thing that kept them in check unleashed hell.

2. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    Yes, that would make sense, but the rumor explicitly states otherwise: it says that Luke has been battling these guys for the past 30 years and is overwhelmed. That wouldn't really line up with what we saw in the OT.

3. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I just realized if this is true... it means the Empire squashed those victory parties at the end of RotJ Special Editions in true evil imperial fashion.[face_dancing]

4. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Agreed but it isn't that detailed. Perhaps the battling is actually guerrilla warfare like hits on weaker Jedi. I think that would still fall under that umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    Maybe there not trying to resurrect an old Sith, but create a new. They could be looking for force sensetive children to become Sith.Some kind of force sensitive Damian. :p

SHARKY_CHOMPCHOMP and Dra--- like this.
  6. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    This is what I'm hoping. That they're trying to resurrect THE Sith. Not A Sith.

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    My guess would be Plagueis will be back, as played by Max von Sydow, but who knows.

8. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The best part of this rumor is... it could easily be fit into a 3 paragraph opening scroll to expain the state of the galaxy and the opening scene, with more details following as Boyega being the likely new goodguy gets filled in on the details between VII and VIII by each of the core OT cast members.

Not sure which idea I like more... [face_thinking]

Jobertus likes this.
  9. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    I's a vast universe. With Rebels reinforcing that the purge was not over after 66 and there were other Jedi abroad during the Dark Times, this is enough explanation. I personally think that the Inquisitors were tasked with monitoring the galaxy for force sensitive children. These would be taken in to the Inquisitors academy and trained as "Jedi Hunters". Luke, being identified as a Skywalker was off limits for them during Vader's reign.

What I find most interesting is that this storyline is nearly universally liked and that makes it all the more plausible for me...

Dra---, Revanfan1, Satipo and 4 others like this.
  10. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Interesting! I like that this would be a total departure from the EU. Something entirely fresh and new, and continuing the space opera/more mythic qualities of the movies. And it would definitely tie in with Rebels, which does seem to be something they are going for.

One thing that would give me pause however is I don't want the new movies to be entirely dark and depressing, like you see in things like the Dark Knight or even the EU of late. I don't want Luke to have lived 30 years of misery. There's a fun and lightness to the OT, especially ANH, and I do hope that tone is still present. Less Dark Knight, more Avengers, if you will.

As for who would be resurrected - it could be more general that the Sith order is being resurrected. If we're talking a specific individual, I would guess Sidious. It would unify all three trilogies and make Sidious the big bad overall. And his conversation with Anakin in RotS could easily point to him having mastered death and setting up some plans for a resurrection.

Revanfan1, aleja2, Jobertus and 2 others like this.
  11. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    Maybe I'm alone, but I don't like it :/

12. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    That doesn't make sense. Luke wasn't known by anyone in the Empire until the Battle of Yavin and not known by name until just before TESB.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Agreed. It rings true in part because it reads more like a story coming out of LFL with internal logic rather than cobbled together fan fiction. That's why people are responding well to it--it has that "Aha!" quality of pieces fitting together.

Lord Tuvitor, Satipo and Jobertus like this.
  14. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014

I know what you mean. I think there will be some lighter sides, but I feel that the ST could have a dark feel at least until episode IX when I'm assuming the good guys have beaten the new threats and a new Republic is born.

If a Sith comes back, I'm pretty sure it would be something new or Sidious. If it's his back up plan, then he would be the one who wants to come back.

Dra--- and Jobertus like this.
  15. Dranem

Dranem JCF Banner Contest Winner star 1 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm not buying this at all. Seems lazy to me, to be honest. They spent six films setting up and destroying the Empire. I'd be shocked if this wasn't dealing with the aftermath of all of that. I still like the idea of the power vacuum that different interests would try to fill. Look at Iraq after their government fell - there is just too much interest in power for everyone not to make a grab at it. Can you imagine that on a Galaxy-wide level?

The Jedi, Sith, Republic, and Empire as we knew it would not exist in the same form. Like I said I would be a little upset if they spent all those films so far showing us the folly of absolute power only to have it again. The only reason the Jedi would be hunted at this point is that Luke had established a new order and they were too powerful which goes against a lot of what has passed. The power and arrogance of the Jedi was their downfall, I would have hoped Luke would have realized that.

Sounds like another site using Star Wars rumors to get clicks on their site to me. These guys never have to correct their "reporting" and if it turns out not to be true they just blame it on bad "intel". The only things I can believe at this point are things I see with my own eyes. Wake me when there is a trailer or some more set pictures.

16. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    Why would they be hunting a random farmer on Tatooine? The point is, he was only a target post-Yavin, but by then they knew to stay away.

17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    While I'm not a fan of this particular plotline either, it's definitely not just another SW site trying to get clicks. Jason's a good guy and is just relaying what his sources are telling him. That doesn't necessarily mean the sources are right, but don't shoot the messenger.

18. Myself656

Myself656 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 5, 2008
    Given that there's also been talk about twins taking different paths... what if Driver is actually one of Han and Leia's kids that these hunters have captured and brainwashed into their service. Surely, having one of Anakin's bloodline would give the the raw power to finally match Luke and this might be why they finally come after him directly in Ep7 (versus all the past attempts that we didn't see and were doomed largely because it was mooks vs. Luke frakking Skywalker).

I say this largely because the other alternative is far too horrible to consider. "If you will not turn then perhaps SHE will!" At some point after having whatever Solo kids are around, Leia is captured and turned by the Inquisitors. I'll admit there's a certain dramatic irony to the notion, but it would be a stab in the gut to SO many people that I think a brainwashed Solo twin would be far easier to swallow (because they're someone we've never personally met before).

Either way though, the hunters would clearly have enough of an infrastructure and capabilities that you could build an entire subplot out of just how culpable/redeemable the son/brother/sister actually is in whatever villainy they engage in as a hunter/inquisitor and how much is just brainwashing/conditioning.

19. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree that this part did strike me as odd. With the Special Edition changes, isn't Vader himself only supposed to find out Luke is his son during ESB? Palpatine might have known who he was, but Vader didn't.

20. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Because he's the brightest force sensitive star in the galaxy perhaps? You explained away the fact that Luke wasn't taken away by these guys because of Vader and I explained why that didn't make sense.

Adi_Gallia_9 Indeed. I believe Vader only uncovered the name Luke Skywalker from a Rebel prisoner that he interrogated just before TESB. As for the 2004 SE change, I think the only conclusion that can be drawn is that Vader is playing dumb with the Emperor.

21. obi_kenobi_24

obi_kenobi_24 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 17, 2003
    I don't like any of these stories that says there was 30 more years of civil war post ROTJ.....

D'an, ChildOfWinds and Dranem like this.
  22. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Well, the article says:

I wasn't a fan of the Plagueis idea in the ST, but this sounds rather interesting. And believable... In terms of SW universe.
    However, if Sydow turns out to be Plagueis, a resurrected Plagueis by his worshipers (far better idea than him faking his own death) could (my wish) appear at the very end of Episode 7 and cast a shadow over our heroes' future in Episodes 8 and 9.

23. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    It's been a long time since I read it. And I'm not implying there is any truth or give any credibility to this person....but doesn't this sound familiar? I hope these Jedi hunters don't have jet packs. Again it's been a long time so I could be way off.

24. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Vader still could have been seeking revenge against the kid who defeated the Death Star... or been hiding his thought that he was his father in hopes of using him against the Emperor in secret... or he just reserved the right to kill Obi-wans new apprentice. Etc...

25. Artoo-Dion

Jun 9, 2009
    I'm not convinced the Inquisitors seek out Jedi via the Force so much as via intel. I mean, the Jedi had no idea about Anakin existing, either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.