main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Huge Plot Rumors On MakingStarwars.net

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by QuiJohn, Jun 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    And the new rumor is taken down now: https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/statuses/478969192343814144

Good that theforce.net has a summary of it here.

2. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Well, running Star Wars is big business - its not all just for the love of a 'story'. Lucas kept Han alive primarily because well....he wanted to sell more Han figures.

Hey, the template was made by George. Don't slam Disney for it.

D'an likes this.
  3. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014

Would just like to point out that makingstarwars.net has removed the article. Don't care to speculate whether this is good or bad news.

I Are The Internets:

I like your space mynok riding idea. Can the Jedi Hunters have flame throwers instead of lightsabers?

Edit: Apophis_ beat me to it.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I really hope we do see Endor, unlike a lot of fans I love the ewoks.

5. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    You nailed it. I couldn't have said it better myself. Everytime I think of something new-even if it includes the Sith-I get excited. Everytime someone brings up any Imperial "remnant" I get bored, yawn, turn off, tune out, and become completely disinterested and, at most, laugh at how pathetic and forced that would feel.

D'an likes this.
  6. Han Yolo

Han Yolo Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 7, 2013

EXACTLY. People forget this is ultimately about money for Disney. Stormtroopers make money. Tie fighters would sell. The empire logo is so iconic, they will use it.

Its going to be hard to erase the EU from our minds. Not going to lie, when i first heard this i was upset about no new republic. But a weaker alliance makes sense. Think about the American revolution for example. After they won the victory over the british we formed the articles of confederation. A weak alliance of the colonies. The articles lasted 8 years before the constitution was formed.

The celebration after the empire is dead is just the first step in a long process. You can celebrate the victory, but the war would not be over. You cannot forget that many star systems were likely largely benefiting from the Empire. If they were heavily Empire aligned they wouldnt go quietly into the night. Also remember we are dealing with a galaxy. 8 years, for the Americans to slam together a constitution. 30 and still issues in a huge galaxy. Its way too logical to not be true IMO

Bob Octa and Satipo like this.
  7. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    I actually had no problems with the Ewoks in ROTJ myself. Forces with inferior tech have won battles n real life after all.

On topic, perhaps the Ewoks might hide the protagonists from the Jedi Hunters after a chase through the forest. Who knows.

Why? I think a Remnant would be great. There are so many possible storylines that can come out of a flailing fragmented Empire, desperate to return to their glory days.

Jobertus likes this.
  8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I think it's telling that MSW was asked to remove the set rumor but not the Jedi Hunter rumor.

klooney likes this.
  9. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Removed on request by the source I believe... Clearly multiple sources.

Artoo-Dion and Satipo like this.
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I don't see why outside of Coruscant and Tatooine you would particularily want to go back to any planet in the movies again but if they do go to Hoth then it really has to be opened up and made far more interesting than what we saw in Empire. The same thing should happen to it that happened to Tatooine where it's made into a interesting place with an expanded visual look

11. MakingStarWars

MakingStarWars Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 2008
    Totally different sources.

12. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
    Fair, thanks for clarifying!

Blazer-Smith likes this.
  13. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I think the Empire will start out as the villians, at least in VII, but the new group will emerge either at the end of VII or beginning of VIII. This would give disney more options for toys, action figures, etc.

14. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012

this is a total misconception, but to play Devils advocate by this incorrect argument Luke lost some of his potential by losing a hand right?? you can't say 'well he only lost a hand so the Force didn't leave him but he lost an arm so clearly he lost force potential."

Vader lost his potential because he lost faith in himself, he got some back in the 'Vader' novel... if you read the coffee table Book Jedi vs. Sith, Palpatine muses that Vader could have reached his potential again but he limited himself, not the loss of limbs. you don't loose force potential from losing limbs, the force doesn't work that way.. Lumiya didn't lose her force strength, and she was almost 1/2 cybernetic... this is also covered within FoTJ

Dra--- likes this.
  15. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

Unless they've been forced to scatter at some point during the thirty year interval, because they lost several significant battles.

And Lucas has kept tabs on historical precedence in making his stories.

Saddam Hussein was captured in 2003 and ten years later, Iraq's still a mess and is facing another major invading force. In the old EU, the Empire was still around ten years after the Battle of Endor and twenty years later, was still a force to be reckoned with.

In 2003, there were celebrations in Iraq that the US had cleared out Saddam. This year, there's a new major conflict brewing.

[​IMG]

Some people don't know how the "Star Wars" rumors go compared to most other movie sites and film series. Those like myself who have been around for a a while, we get it because we saw it ourselves how it worked for each film. Others haven't.

Indeed that's what happened with the PT. One of the first bit of news that hit for AOTC was that Padme was kidnapped and tortured and had to be rescued by Anakin. A photo of Portman with the claw marks on her back surfaced. Turns out that was way off. It was Shmi who was captured and tortured, while Padme is captured separately and injured by the Nexu.

[​IMG]

That's mostly an EU thing. Sidious and Tyranus were shown to be nearly as powerful as Mother Talzin. The only difference that Dooku cited with facing Asajj the first time was that she didn't have control over her fear. It had controlled her and thus weakened her.

phatdude1138, markdeez and Dra--- like this.
  16. DarthWilliams

May 29, 2008
  17. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    Totally off topic, love the pic of your cute baby. It shows that us fanboys can actually get the girl LOL.

MakingStarWars and DarthWilliams like this.
  18. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
  19. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    I trust Eric Geller, so I'm going to call this done in my mind for right now. Back to speculating I suppose.

Claire1976 and Jobertus like this.
  20. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    markdeez and Claire1976 like this.
  21. Blazer-Smith

Blazer-Smith Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 28, 2004
    D'an and Momotaros like this.
  22. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well looks like I was wise in taking the grain of salt. Oh grain of salt....what would I do without you

Bail B. Baobab and Momotaros like this.
  23. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    JJ ABRAMS clouds everything, Impossible to see who episode 7'S villains are

24. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
  25. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    It was already said in the initial report that the script had not been read so anything else was speculation. Meaning even if they did see something their interpretation was not likely to be correct.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.