main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HUGE SPOILER: Obi-Wan will die in the next movie!

Discussion in 'Archive: Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Sebulba-X, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I can't believe Lucas will kill Obi-Wan Kenobi off, but from the reports I read about, apparently Ewan is having second thoughts about carrying on with the Star Wars franchise and wants to do other projects. I guess he's contractually obligated to work on the next one, so Lucas is rewriting some scenes to bring proper closure to the character.

Part of me really hates to see him go, but it could turn into something very cool story wise if GL does it right. I think that Obi-Wan took Luke to Tatoonie for a few reasons: to be with Luke's family, to privately train Luke to be a Jedi, and most importanly, to draw Vader away from the Emperor in order to kill him. (divide and conquer) Yoda could take his apprentice, Leia, along with her adopted father's army, and make a Grievous style raid on Coruscant and go after the Emperor...but that's for another thread.

Obi-Wan could somehow let Vader know his son is still alive, draw him out alone to the deserts of Tatoonie, and have a massive kick ass sequel to the ROTS Duel, only this time Vader wins. Though he'll probably have to kill Owen and Beru to get at Luke, I doubt he'd have much problem with that....so then Luke will become Vader's apprenctice. Vader and Luke could then go to take out the Emperor, so finally, with 2 Sith and 2 Jedi going after him, I think the Emperor could finally be defeated.

Hopefully someone can explain to me the whole Qui-Gon speech Yoda told Obi-Wan in ROTS...I never really got what that's about, but I think it could be a main plot point in this episode.

2. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    My sources have revealed a similar scenario, at least in regards to Episode IV being Ewan's last chapter in the Star Wars saga.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I seriously hope there is an "out" -- like Spock's "Remember." to McCoy in TWOK -- with the training that Obi-Wan was to receive from Qui-Gon in his exile on Tatooine...

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Ugh. No. Not that old tired trick. I don't want anybody coming back from the dead.

5. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    We certainly don't want to SEE anyone come back from the dead, I mean it's never happened in Star Wars, it just wouldn't fit.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Well, if Lucas really is using Campbellian influence, then the Mentor Archetype should exist with the "hero" for his entire journey.

Anakin Skywalker is dead, so perhaps he will be tormented by the "ghost" of Obi-Wan Kenobi...

... and Qui-Gon Jinn?

7. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, the setup is certainly there for Qui-Gon, but could they get Liam to play him again? He wasn't even there for ROTS.

8. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I thought Yoda and Obi-Wan were learning the secret of immortality from Qui-Gon. Doesn't sound like either of them are going to be easy to kill.

9. The-Godfather

The-Godfather Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Bah! Yoda's a gimp. Obi-Wan's a gimp.

10. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    This is stupid. Yet another reason to loathe the unnecessary making of this films. This will just remove the only good character from the films, and presumably mean we are forced to adopt another *whole new* ensemble of heroes. The characters seem to change every film.

11. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Boog, you can't expect every film to stay the same. Some things are going to change. Now, I for one don't expect Lucas to kill off Obi-Wan, but spoilers didn't like with ROTS. If he dies it'll be at Vader's hands. I hope. *rubs hands together gleefully*

12. Irithis

Irithis Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2006
    WHAT?!?!?!?

NO! :_|

13. Sweet and Sour Porkins

Sweet and Sour Porkins Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    He can't die! He's the master! That just sucks. Lucas sucks.

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I find it really hard to believe that Obi-Wan will die in this new movie, unless it is the last movie of the series (in which case he'd die just before the end). He has to be there for the twins (or at least one of them), and if he's dead he can't exactly be there for them.

15. The-Godfather

The-Godfather Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Like I said, Obi-Wan's a gimp. He'll probably go out like a chump. Like the chump he is. Probably get sliced down all noble like or something.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    WHAT??? OBI-WAN?? :eek:

[Vader] NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

17. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    See, I think that if they kill Obi-wan he'll turn all white and glowly like an Angel and then he'll have this cool looking saber and slice Vader in two. [face_dancing]

18. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    OMG, Obi-Wan *so* will not die in Ep. IV. I mean, he's *in* Ep's V and VI, which are supposed to be later, right?

Geez . . . this is like that Palpatine-is-a-clone rumor.

19. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    :_| I don't want Obi-Wan to die! :_|

20. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    But if he is struck down will he become more powerful then we can imagine?

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
  22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Agreed. It would be too much like those crappy EU comics where they come back as ghosts! There certainly WON'T be any Jedi ghosts [face_not_talking]

23. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Yea I heard that Ewan was going to quit, But it sounds like someone in Lucasfilm found some old videos of Alec Guinness in a bathrobe that they're going to use.

24. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Is it because of contract disputes that's forcing Lucas to kill Obi-Wan off?

25. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    I think they'll have problem aging him properly - isn't this supposed to take place like ages after ROTS? Maybe if they tried with another actor, someone older... But nah. Changing actors would just be weird. Better to just let him go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.