main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN HUGE STAR WARS EVENT @ Source Comic & Games May 25 6-9pm!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by mirax80, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    No, seriously, my buddies up at the Source talked to me tonight (lucky I had on my RMFF shirt - lol!) and I let him know he was talking to the Right person.... well, here's the email they sent me:

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT - PLEASE READ ME!

Dear Friends,

Late yesterday afternoon, the Source Comics & Games had somewhat of a bombshell dropped on us. We received a visit from a group of local media luminaries and had a very interesting presentation that we'd like to share with you.

Representatives from a new and totally cool event called the Wild River Festival laid out some seriously awesome plans for a major film/music/media event to take place over many days and at many venues in the Twin Cities later this year. Without getting into too many details, suffice it to say, there has never been an event like this in Minnesota or quite possibly anywhere in the United States and they came to us to ask us for help in getting the word out to our community. Given the depth and quality of this event, we've decided that we're all in terms of offering support and helping it find it's public voice. So our group of Brainiac's have scheduled a very special event that you should absolutely know about and hopefully will be able to attend. Here's the initial details:

SOURCE COMICS & GAMES
    THURSDAY MAY 25TH - 6PM TO 9PM

The Wild River Festival will holding it's very first public appearance/introduction at the
    Source Comics & Games. The marquee events of this appearance includes:

- Public unveiling of the new Sid Maurer's super limited edition Star Wars prints
    commemorating the 30th anniversary of the release of Star Wars. This three issue
    spectacular set (Darth Vader, Boba Fett & R2D2) are limited to 1000 of each and
    will be available to the general public for the very first time at this event.

- Scheduled later this fall, for a first time combined appearance, at the Wild River
    Festival are actors David Prowse - Darth Vader, Jeremy Bullock - Boba Fett and
    Kenny Baker - R2D2. They will be signing the special prints and interacting with
    fans!

- Tickets for the Star Wars actors appearances and the entire Wild River Festival
    will be available at this event for a super and I mean super special price.

- To help support the Wild River Festival and encourage your attendance at this
    event the Source will be holding a super special sale on everything in the
    store on Thursday May 25th from 6PM to 9PM . Everything will be 25% off.

- All you Star Wars fans that show up in costume get an extra 5% off!

Honestly folks, this is going to be a fun introductory event to a much larger and essentially galactic event to take place later this year. The Star Wars element is just one of many parts of the entertainment world that the festival will touch upon. It's without a doubt one of the most ambitious undertakings in the realms of film/music/media we've ever seen.

Their web site is www.wildriverfestival.com and it's just getting fired up so right now the info
    is sparse. But wait until you see what's coming!

A final note regarding this event. We need your help! We're humbly requesting that you help us spread the word about this event and the Wild River Festival far and wide. Time until this initial event is short and we need to get the ball rolling. Please tell your families, talk to your friends, e-mail folks you know, harass co-workers, blog the world, any help you can offer would be sincerely appreciated!

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS!

I told him I would do what I could in the short amount of time given. So, who's up for this?????
    Even if you can't make it, please, Spread The Word!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

~Nyree

www.sourcecandg.com/

2. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
  3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Sounds like fun - I'll be there in costume!

4. mirax80

Aug 20, 2003
    Thanks to Ed, Tom, Lisa, & Jenny for coming out!

And special apperance from Riibu!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.