Sac, CA Huge SW event April 26th in Modesto!! Who's interested?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Aunt Jar Jar Mimah, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    This just in from Brett of the 501st, ID1113

"We have a HUGE event coming up in Modesto on April 26th . The Garrison is going to be participating in a "Star Wars Night" with the Modesto A's at John Thurman Field in Modesto.

The fun starts at 5pm; Stormtroopers guarding the entrances, patrolling the field, etc. There will be a Star Wars costume contest with prizes including a suit of Stormtrooper armor (just like ours), a light sabre replica (all alumium) and a blaster replica, among other things.

A grand march right down centerfield to the "Imperial March" and then Darth Vader (our own Dan Orth) is throwing out the first ball! During the game, there will be a poll as to which Trilogy film folks want to see, and it will be shown after the game at the field.

If you and the Sacto Fan Force group want to participate with us, you are more than welcome; you can all get into the game for free and set-up a table or whatever. Costumes STRONGLY encouraged!

If you want to participate and want more info, please contact Jessica Berry, Modesto A's Event Coordinator, at 209-343-8710 or Steelturkey@aol.com.

We would love to have a unified showing...there is probably going to be LFL presence, not to mention BIG PRESS.

Contact Garrison CO Dan Orth (Dorthvader@msn.com) or me with any questions or concerns."

Is anyone interested? It sounds like a blast. We could car pool or something.

2. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
    No can do - I have a big dress rehearsal that night. :( Sounds like a ton of fun, though. I hope we can get a group together. Wish I could make it.
  3. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds awesome, but what time is it? If I can go I have a sport utility that can take 6 people.
  4. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    Jeremyguy?are you in a play, or some other performance?
  5. Jeremyguy Jedi Master

star 4
  6. crutag-ventor Jedi Master

star 4
    Impressive, most impressive!
  7. ID1113 Jedi Padawan

Gates open at 5pm; game starts at 7pm. After the game, they will be showing the fan's choice of Trilogy movie, so the event will probably last until midnight or so.

Come on down and play with us!

Thanks;
    Bret
  8. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If I am up and walking around ok by then, I would love to go!!
  9. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello from Chicagoland and Chicago Force. My wife and I are flying into Sacramento the 27th and hoped to catch a Sac meeting and see how the force flows in the southwest but I see I'll miss one the 26th.

Ah well, may the force be with all of ya!!!

Mark
  10. GuacamoleJedi Jedi Padawan

Mimah, is this still going on? Are you going to be there? Are there any special requirements?
  11. bright sith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    By that time, I should be able to drive again, hmmm....
  12. Aunt Jar Jar Mimah Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hi Guacamole! It's good to see you posting! :)

I'm sure absolutely anyone can attend the event in Modesto. I don't have any in-stone plans to attend right now. It's sounds like fun, but a late night and a drive after a long work week. If enough people want to go though, we can call it a fanforce event which I wouldn't miss.
  13. ID1113 Jedi Padawan

THIS JUST IN!!!

Wearing a costume to Star Wars Night at John Thurman Field in Modesto gets you in FREE!

In addition, there will be a costume contest and raffle with prizes including:

1) A full suit of (new/unassembled) Stormtrooper armor; the winner will be invited to join the 501st Legion/Central CA Garrison and we will help you complete it!

2) A full-scale, highly-detailed replica Stormtrooper E-11 blaster rifle (ANH style).

3) A machined-aluminum Luke Skywalker ROTJ lightsabre replica (based on the actual prop components).

Folks, this event will be worth your while; we know it's after a long work week, etc., but look at it this way; we will be there in full armor, etc. after a long work week, etc!
    Come out and support Darth Vader and your local Imperial Garrison or wear your finest Jedi robes or X-Wing flightsuit and stand-up for the Rebellion!

Please email 501st CenCA CO Dan Orth (Dorthvader@msn.com) with any questions!

Thanks all;
    Bret

14. ID1113 Jedi Padawan

Sac Rogue Force;

Only six more days until Star Wars Night at John Thurman Field in Modesto with the Modesto A's!

Those in Star Wars costume get in free and are eligible for fabulous prizes as mentioned above.

This will be THE event leading up to the premier of EP.2 on May 16; come join your fellow fans in celebrating our favorite movies AND enjoy some great baseball.

Hope to see you there!
    Bret
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.