main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Huge thanks to Swampsurfer and E 2 thoughts *(spoilers)* & other non-sense

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by just_Jeffery, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. just_Jeffery

just_Jeffery Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2002
    Howdy folks! Been having some serious computer trouble, which SEEMS to be fixed... System Restore is our friend... after over a week of fighting it, I restored to a week before it all started and everything is groovy again...

So here is my belated HUGE thank you to our fearless leader (okay, he says he's not, but we all know the truth :) for camping out and getting tickets for everyone... and while Im throwing out the "thanks"s, a huge thanks to Swampsurfers sidekick Queen Amber-dalla for sticking with him so he could get enough tickets for all of us that needed them... I dont think most of us could have made it without them!

Episode 2 thoughts...

Waiting in line was great fun... met lots of people and had more laughs than Mel Brooks film... the wait in the theater wasnt bad either because I had great company... but the lack of sleep kicked in about 30 minutes into the movie... but I made it and it was well worth the it...

The Good:
    Yoda- nuff said
    huge lightsaber battles- see above
    Nat Portman- that black outfit was some kinda nice...
    Jango Fett- Everything I loved in Boba, but with a shiney costume!

The Bad:
    the dialogue... ugh
    the goblin mask not having facial expression... oh, wait, that was Spider-man... sorry....
    Jangos fate... lets see, lets take a cool villian, put out tons of merchandise with him on it, then this???? When have we seen that before?
    Pacing... first hour and a half drug on and on... then the last 45 minutes races by...

The Ugly:
    What was up with that mechanical hand they slapped on Ani? That gave me the creeps...

Apon leaving the theater, I wasnt happy with it... but having sat and watched a download of it, I enjoyed it more the second time... but now Im seriously pumped for both the DVD and E3... the DVD is bound to have all the missing scenes... Padme addressing the senate, Boba putting on the jet pack etc... E3 is gonna be a dark dark movie...

All in all, I had a lot of fun, kinda enjoyed the film and made some new friends... what more could a guy want? Well, other than free food...

Jeffery

2. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Thank your very much just_Jeffery for you kind words. I suppose with all of this talk about Princess_Amberdollar I will need to let Amber sign up. I have a bad feeling about this!

Yes, it is true. There is no leader in this fan club. (Our spokesperson here on the board is JEDI-SOLO, but as far as leadership, this is a democracy. The poeple must decide.) It will grow in the direction of the fans desire. If it folds, its because of a lack of commitment by the fans. However, I really want to be part of a huge celebration come Episode III and after that I will need a support group to deal with the depression that will follow from a lack of STAR WARS :) Therefore I am trying my best to get this thing off of the ground.

I do appreciate the acknowledgement of my efforts. And I do have a certian amount of pride in seeing things go as good as they have been. May the Force be with you all. Long live Uncle George!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.