main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

huh? that makes no sense

Discussion in 'Literature' started by evil_kenshin, Dec 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evil_kenshin

evil_kenshin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    in starwars galaxy of fear book series, in the book about spore it mentions that hoole can't transform into any creature that can live in space, yet in the book with the holiday cruiser that gets taken over by the computer program he flies through space and gets back to the cruiser, so is this a contradiction?

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Yes. However, since Doomsday Ship takes place after Spore, Hoole probably just studied up on changing into space-creatures in case the need arose again.

TC

3. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    that makes no sense

welcome to Star Wars

4. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    A lot of people generally don't regard GoF as canon, however it is canon. Personally, I liked the series. Well, I read them when I was younger, so maybe that had something to do with it. :p

Maybe the author just made a mistake..

5. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    TC's answer sounds right. When something doesn't fit, you can draw a logical conclusion, rather then making 5hit up.

6. VaapadMaster

VaapadMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 12, 2004
    Sometimes logical conclusions can be "making 5hit up". Just a thought...

7. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Perhaps but not in this instance. Let's look at this quandry...

In Spore, Hoole says he can't assume the form of a creature who lives in space. In the book set on the luxery liner (can't remember the name, can't be arsed to go look it up), Hoole reunites with the liner by turning into a mynock and coasting back towards it. So we have a discrepancy here, but we know that a Shi'do's abilities start out rudimentary and get better with age and practice. So after the situation in Spore, we can assume Hoole says "Gee, it might be a good idea to learn how to become a creature that can survive in space, just in case." He learns how to take the form of a mynock. That's my theory, I'm not saying it's correct or the only theory. But it makes sense. So that's what I'm going to go with until LFL says otherwise.

This, needless to say, is more then I can say for McEwok's inane ramblings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.