main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HULK

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by President-JarJar, May 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Yeah, you can use the keyboard to play (hulk is being released on all 4 platforms... Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, and PC). I use a Gravis Gamepad Pro (is very much like a PS1 controller).

But I will be buying the full game for my gamecube.

-Jomero

2. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey Jomero!

I am getting the game for my GameCube too! Awesome! Wesa Nintendo Brothas! :p

Anyways, I Pre-Ordered it today off Ebgames.com! and since I pre-ordered it, I get a free movie ticket for the upcoming "HULK" movie!

Hey, why not you just Pre-Order ot Reserve it? Jomero?

WHat games consoles do you have?

I have a GameCube, N64, PSone & GBA-SP.
    (used to have Dreamcast but gave it to a friend) :)

I'm glad your a GameCube fan like me! :D :D

-President-JarJar

3. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Well, I don't need to reserve it. My little brother works in a theatre and they always have super-secret showings of movies a day or more before they come out for the employees and their friends (Saw ATOC 3 days before it was officially released, Two Towers 2 days before, etc.) so I'm fairly sure I'll be able to see the Hulk early too. I've been super spoiled. It's nice being able to see a movie early, for free, and in a theatre with only 20 people in there. Heh. If my brother ever quits that job, I'll have to make friends with another one of those employees!

Yeah, I'm a long time fan of Nintendo. Super Mario Bros. (the original) was the first game I was ever addicted to when I was 8-9 years old.

As I got older, I didn't play console games as much. PC games took the bulk of my time (especially Quake(2) Capture the Flag). But I always liked certain console games that only Nintendo could provide like Metroid, Zelda, Mario, etc. My room mate bought a N64 when Zelda OOT was released and I played and loved that game. Eventually I broke down and got a N64 of my own, the same year the gamecube was being released, so I got it at the very end of the N64's life... but games were cheap! Then I waited a while before buying a gamecube. I wanted Mario and Zelda and the like to come out, but I cracked and bought it early.

As for the Hulk movie, I am extremely pumped for it. I am looking more forward to this than I am the Matrix. No lie (and I like the Matrix). If someone offered me, "Hey, I can use The Force and let you view the completed Hulk movie tomorrow, but you can't watch either new Matrix movies for at least 1 year" I would say "DEAL!" without hesitation, even though the Hulk is out next month. That's how bad I am anticipating it.

I mean, how can a hulk fan see This Scene from the movie and not be excited?

ILM outdid themselves.

I can't wait for the game. It will definitely tide me over until the movie comes out!

-Jomero

4. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    What kind of scene is that!? It looks like Hulk's coming out of the floor! :p

Well, my Internet is too slow to watch it all.

I am highly looking forward to HULK the movie!

(Hey, off topic, but Jomero, do you have Splinter Cell?)

-President-JarJar

5. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Nope. Never had the desire to try it. Sorry.

6. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    BUMP!

HULK-A-MANIA!!!

7. President-JarJar

Mar 22, 2003
    There is some new footage of the game "HULK" at Cube.Ign.com now! I didn't have time to check it out yet, so someone else go see it!

E3 IS ROCKING!!!!

NINTENDO IS OWNING!!!!! :D

HULK-A-MANIA!!!! :p

-President-JarJar

8. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Next week is Hulk time.

9. Fett_Boy96

Fett_Boy96 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    The CGI Hulk done by ILM looks ok in my opinion, but personally, I think that the movie and game look lame. But that's because I don't like the Hulk. Nuff said

10. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    Well, you're entitled to your opinion Fett. Just like I think Boba Fett (in the movies/books... not anyone here) is a lame character. Doesn't mean either of us is wrong, just that we all have our own personal tastes. :)

-Jomero

11. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    President Jar-Jar
    You made the thread we see that you're exicted do you really have post after everyone else's post? If you're going to post make it more intellectual then 'WHOOOO HULK SMASH!!! WOOOOO"

12. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    He's "taking a break" for a week, thanks to jp.

I think everyone will be thankful for our respite from him.

EDIT: Typo.

13. THESNOTNOSEDKID

THESNOTNOSEDKID Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2003
    HULK-A-MANIA!!! :D WOOHOO! ;)

I JUST PLAYED THE FINAL VERSION ;) OF THIS GAME AND IT ROCKS. :p SMASHING PPOL ;) IS THE BOMB!!:D AND BOY, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS GAME IS average! [face_plain] Seriosly, this game is just another beat-em-up :p NOTHING SPEACIAL, BUT THIS GAME IS STILL THE "KING OF KOOL" TO ME :D :p

NA NA NA NA Snot Nosed Na Na Na Na
    Na Na Na Na Na Kid Na Na Na Na Na!!

EDIT: President Jar-Jar, why have you yet to return :( I miss you :_| :p

14. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm soooo looking forward to this movie/game!!! The film was shot partly in San Francisco, and I hope some parts of the game are also set here in SF!!! :D

15. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    isn't the game already out? Has anyone played it? Is it any good? I've seen it on ebay cheap and if its good I might get it.

16. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I started playing it yesterday. :)

It's quite a bit of fun, nobody smashes things quite like the Hulk! :D

I think it's quite easy until you get to battle Half-Life, which is a bit tricky because he's so fast and you get hurt if you touch him. But once you learn to throw stuff at him, it's a bit easier.

The parts of the game where you're Bruce Banner require a lot of patience, much more than I expected.

I like this game because the Hulk is such an endearing character, and because it's fun to just smash stuff and throw people around.

One small quibble: why didn't anyone tell these guys Alcatraz is now a tourist attraction? ;)

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Speaking of Alkratraz,I made it up to that level. What button do I use to climb on the buildings?

18. Jomero

Jun 3, 1999
    There is no button to climb on buildings. You have to press a button to push crates up next to them and just "walk into" the crates to climb up them. There's small crates you can move around, and skinny larger ones that you can move too. You move these two together to get onto the buildings.

As for halflife, yes he's a bit tough at first. Some good ways of taking him down are smashing up those generators until you can see electricity sparking from it. After that, you can pick up a pole and press towards (halflife, while "locked on") and punch and hulk will use the pole like a battering ram. If you manage to push halflife into the generator, he'll take a LOT more damage than normal. 3 or 4 times will completely diminish his health bar. Very handy. :D

I really like this game too. It's kind of short, but to me it has a lot of replay value. Smashing stuff and people just never gets old, and I've had this game almost a month. I'm currently working on beating it on the hardest skill setting, which is no walk in the park let me tell you (especially if you don't run right through ignoring everyone/everything).

-Jomero, who also enjoys playing the Gray Hulk... "Think hard, because I'm about to make you stupid!"

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    In hindsight, I wish that most of the game hadn't been set in closed facilities (facilites that are not open to the public).

It would have been so much more fun to let the Hulk wonder about city streets and stuff, leaving it up to you whether or not to smash innocent bystanders, or just the police/SWAT/soldiers and tanks.

The Grey Hulk is pretty funny, too. :)

20. B-BALLERJEDI

B-BALLERJEDI Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    That game looks really boring and pointless. The movie also looks really stupid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.