Waco, TX Human Cloning....Do I hear "Attack of the Clones"

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jango-joe1, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jango-joe1 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well they have just made a clone of a human embryo. It makes Attack of the Clones sound more serious than on August 6th.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this matter.
  2. LaraCroft1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I heard from the scientists who brought us "Dolly the clone sheep" that this is not such a great development at we all think, he says that this is just a small development for humans, already having been done on other animals
  3. Rand_Coyn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think that even if they can clone a human, you can't clone a soul. I think that these developments are really nothing to worry about, and the real issue is whether or not to call this human experimentation which, in my field anyway, is illegal and to a certain degree immoral. In anthropology you have to observe "natural experiments" to see what people do under stress, you cannot purposfully subject people to situations without their knowledge. the devlopments on how people see the cloned embryos as entities with rights, or as tissues for experimentation will be very interesting to watch.
  4. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    Last I heard the company who created the embryos did so for the purpose of stem cell research and not to clone a human. And the embryos were unstable and did not live very long.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.