main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~ Human Cyborg Relations ~ SW/Chobits X-over; Kyp/Chii; updated 9/25 Ranger! Chii ;)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MsLanna, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    So glad to see this one updated. [face_dancing]

The prospect of returning to Yavin brought a happy smile to Chii's lips. "Chii like go back. But Chii like being with Kyp more!"

"Just my luck," Kyp replied, ruffling her hair. "So now, let me think. we need money to buy another ship."

It didn't even occur to Kyp that he didn't consider tricking anybody out of his credits outright. He also would not have considered that a big change in his character. But that was as far from his mind, as using the dancing skills Ghent had programmed into Chii to earn some money. He actually thought about earning it himself. Until he had a very different idea. A mischievous grin spread over his face.

"Chii, we need to practice," he said and took her hand leading her out of the cantina.

=D= =D=

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Ah, droid rights. One of the stickiest widgets in the GFFA. You handled Kyp's discomfort well, Lanna. Good to see you back, too. :) Nice naivete from Chii, there. [face_laugh] And practice? Practice for what?

Can't wait for more.

3. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Practice what? I have this feeling Kyp's up to something silly, like entertainment on stage or some such. :p

And I love how he's trying to do the right thing.

Great update.

=D=

4. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am so sorry when I can't get this updated in time, Vadey. But somehow it's always the first story I get behind with. [face_blush]

Somehoe the subject of droid right keeps coming up, Striker. I just can't avoid it. :oops: At least, I don't have to come to grips with it...

Since he decided not to use Ghents exciting dance routine, it could be anything, Ce. [face_mischief]
    Maybe he'll make her participate in the GGFA's Extrem Ironing Championships?

"So is there none among you," Kyp shouted, "that is willing to take up the fight against this girl?"

Chii stood beside him, her hair tied around her head in an elaborate way to hide her ears. In the simple blue dress she looked very young and vulnerable. Her smile never left her lips. It had not taken long to explain the idea and rules to her. Now it all depended on whether she was found out a cyborg or not.

"A simple fight, no weapons, no strings attached," he went on. "If you win, there will be a thousand credits waiting."

The sum was modest, but anything more would make the game obvious. Kyp concentrated on keeping the heap of unconscious men behind the small stage uninteresting to the onlookers. So far they had earned four thousand credits. Just a bit more, and they were off the planet.

"What's the catch?" A burly man wanted to know.

"No catch," Kyp assured. He had made sure there were bets going on all over the place. He had secured a nice sum on Chii. "All I want is a small fee of one hundred credits. After all, medics don't come cheap." He winked and pointed at Chii again. "So, who dares to stand up against this veritable opponent?"

It was the oldest scam ever. But Kyp knew there was always somebody around who believed that luck was on his side, this time. People were like that. All you had to do was encourage them. This time it was a strong built Klatoonian. Kyp helped him up onto the stage adn introduced him to Chii.

The girl shook hands with her opponent and wished him good luck. That brought some chuckles from the crowd. The two faced each other, waiting for Kyp to give the signal to start. It had been easy to tell Chii how to fight. Her processors knew more about leverage and speed than Kyp. She was a natural talent at making it look real, too. By now, she even managed to make it look as if her opponent had a chance.

On the one hand, it felt good to know that they wouldn't have to go hungry anywhere, but it still made the young Jedi queasy that he had to hide Chii's true identity. Having droids fight against humans was inherently unfair.

The Klatoonian found himself pinned to the ground with a very effective lever. Kyp called Chii away and helped him up. "She is quite fast, is she not?" he suggested. "Quick like lightning, and never where you expect her to be."

The alien grumbled something unintelligible, but left without complaining too much. Being a Jedi did have advantages. "Do you want to have another fight?" Kyp asked Chii.

The girl looked thoughtful fro a moment, then she shook her head. "Opponents are not good," she explained. "Not good fighting."

Kyp didn't know if she just meant that the others were way below her or if the fact that they couldn't win made the fighting boring to Chii. "Okay, it's enough anyway." He took her hand. "Sorry, folks, but the lady is tired. No more fighting today."

He led Chii away, making sure they were not followed. "Wait here for a moment, don't go anywhere," he instructed Chii. As expected, Chii stood like rooted to the ground. Kyp ruffled her hair affectionately and went to collect his winning from the betting. Making himself unrecognisable, was easy. Collecting his money was easy, too. So easy that he decided to have an eye out for later trouble.

Chii stood exactly where he had left her, the traffic flowing around her as if she was a rock. Her unyielding attitude conflicted badly with her smiling face. "Chii not move," she greeted Kyp proudly.

"Very goo," he replied. "Now we will go and buy a ship. Then we can leave this place."

"Chii like this place," the girl said t

5. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    Ooh, good way for Kyp to make some money, there. [face_mischief] Hmm, good idea to keep Chii away from those new 'friends' of hers. Offplanet? Good idea. :) I loved Kyp as a hustler, there.

Can't wait for more!

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Huh -- not what I expected. :p

But great idea having Chii fight.

I wonder where they're off to now?

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Striker - I am not sure how well it would have went if Kyp had tried to use Chii's appeal to mankind. It might have ended very badly.[face_laugh] And offplanet is the best place to be I can think of if you're on Nar Shadda.;)

Ce - Dare I ask whyt you expected?:p They're off to - um, do things. You know, save Chii, set the galaxy right, save the woodworms... Something like that.

Vadey - You shall wait no longer. :D

The [i]Hotaru [/i]was a small ship and not resembling anything Kyp had envisioned himself owning. Slow, with few weapons and badly armoured it was designed to transport families on longer trips. Three rooms framed a huge galley with integrated eating space, each of them carpeted. And all rather derelict.

At least, the galley was big enough to accommodate both of them. Though Chii did not have to eat, she took a keen interest in the preparation of food. She watched the Jedi closely, asking an abundance of questions. Kyp had never spent so much conscious thought on defrosting and heating up a prefab meal. He had almost messed it up, too.

"How long you wait now?" Chii peered around his shoulder to look into the pot.

"Until it boils," Kyp replied. "Can you set the table?"

"Yes." Chii nodded and kept looking at the cold stew.

"Will you?" Kyp asked slightly irritated.

"No. Chii stir!" the girl declared and took the spoon from the Jedi's hand.

"Okay, I'll do it then," Kyp said. Since Chii had realised how much stronger than most people she was, this kind of incident had increased- From the corner of his eye, he watched the girl stir with methodical accuracy; her concentration was rather cute. Finally he found the dishes, but seeing the state they were in, the young Jedi immediately decided to eat directly from the pot.

"Kyp!"

The distress in Chii's voice made him drop the plate. It clattered to the ground unheeded as Kyp returned to the girl."What happened?"

"It jumped at me," Chii pointed the spoon accusingly at the stew. It went 'plop' again.

"Oh." Kyp took the spoon and stirred. "That is 'boiling', Chii. If something boils, bubbles form and burst when they surface."

Cautiously, Chii peered at the stew around Kyp. "Stew not dangerous," she stated.

"Right." Kyp decided the stew was good enough to eat and carried the pot to the table. Chii followed him, her eyes searching the table.

"Kyp not have plate," she exclaimed. "Kyp cannot eat!"

Somebody must have given her lessons in normalcy while he had not been looking, Kyp decided. "Um, it's fine, Chii," he tried to calm her. "The plates are all dirty, I didn't want to wash one up."

She still stared at him questioningly.

"You can eat right from the pot, too," Kyp insisted. "No problem."

Chii scrounged up her face in concentration. "Kyp lazy," she finally said, coming to a conclusion.

Phrased like that, Kyp didn't like the sound of it. He sat down, waiting for Chii to do the same. Then he remembered that the girl didn't need to eat. For a moment he wondered if she technically would, but knowing her inquisitive manner he refrained from asking. She would be rather interested in the process and the young Jedi didn't feel like explaining where the food went.

"How about you?" he asked instead. "Can you get energy from other sources than the sun, too?"

"Chi." She sat down opposite, pulled a cable from her left ear and plugged it into the nearest power socket. "Chii eat, too," she declared and happily closed her eyes.

Kyp watched her for a while before starting to eat as well. He had believed that the image of somebody plugged into a socket like that would creep him out, but he realised that it didn't bother him at all. The only worry he had, was how big a drain on the system she would be and how badly that would reflect on their chances to get somewhere in one piece.

He finished his meal in silence not wanting to disturb Chii who looked so obviously happy. Finally, he gently shook her shoulder. "Hey there. Time to get the beds ready."

Chii's eyes snapped open, their irises unnaturally

9. RK_Striker_JK_5

Jul 2, 2003
    That was so unbelievably cute. :D Seeing things through Chii's eyes is so... fascinating. Although fleas? [face_sick] And the Hotaru? Shall someone be punished in the name of the Moon? :p

Awesome post. Up!

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Hotaru...very Sailor Moon. :p

"It jumped at me," Chii pointed the spoon accusingly at the stew. It went 'plop' again.

"Oh." Kyp took the spoon and stirred. "That is 'boiling', Chii. If something boils, bubbles form and burst when they surface."

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Chii scrounged up her face in concentration. "Kyp lazy," she finally said, coming to a conclusion.

Go Chii! Tell it like it is. :p

He had almost turned into a younger, and hopefully cooler, version of Grandmaster Skywalker

Definately cooler. :D

Aaawww, how adoribly cute!

Loved it!

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    You've gotta love Chii. She sees right through to the heart of the matter, even when she misses the point by a light year! :D

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.