main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Human heritage" (The ancient conflict between the dark side & the light side of the Force)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Sep 6, 2013.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific progress! You can feel Lucien's unfolding and change from what he was seemingly locked into doing and thinking before. The empathy he feels for Grianan is a healing thing, not twisted or destructive. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Sometimes it takes a tragedy to get someone to reevaluate their life and their motives.

Sadly we can't save everyone and it is made harder if they don't want to be saved.

At least Gri was given some good advice and it really is too bad that she was almost dragged down by Lucien's inner Darkness. I have heard that when you're trying to help someone that you know needs help but they don't see that they do you need to keep yourself safe since if you get too close you could be dragged down too and who will save them if you are too broken to offer help or you could end up the one being rescued and have to put your life back together.

Gri is very lucky that the Force was with her or she could have been killed or become a broken soul.

Good for Lucien leaving those that twisted him.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I need to ask somebody else for guidance here.

Took him long enough.
    I'm glad though that he's honest with the HQ of the Brotherhood.

In the end I deserve what Luçien has done to me at the lodge.

*headdesk* *headdesk* *headdesk*
    I frelling hate that guilt. I want to slap her.

I should stop spying on my wife like this. My need for knowledge should not violate her privacy any more.

HOLY HELL IT TOOK HIM LONG ENOUGH YOU MIND RAPIST.

But the greater sorrow I feel is that for Sionnach. Because of my bad judgement I have turned her into a true Tjiehennet.

You still deserve to have your teeth kicked in.

Her love is a gift that I do not deserve, and I will treasure her as long as she allows.

Agreed. And I know he will. But I still want to kick him.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Lucien is evolving quickly thankfully. Hopefully Grianan well get to place where she can reason with him and move forward.

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    @Darth Gangrenous, earlybird-obi-wan, Nyota's Heart, Lady_Misty, SWpants, Darth_Furio: I am in an extreme hurry because I have to get ready for the "LotR" concert. Thanks for all the comments and still sticking to me & Lucien. Here we go again:

My wife has a twin brother who loathes her with a dangerous passion. All my recent wedding planning has blinded me to the obvious. We are held up at the main space port of Polysýndeton when we are told of the crimes Aconite has accused her of. I am forced to hold my ground as she is cuffed in front of me.

Despite the seriousness of her situation, Grianán stands her ground. There is no fear in her heart, just serenity. I ignore the men arresting her, instead focusing on how the sun glitters in her hair, creating beautiful golden waves. “I love you,” I say when she makes eye contact with me.

Her lovely smile is a balm for my nerves. “I know,” she answers confidently and her eyes twinkle like stars.

As much as I dislike it, my bride needs the confrontation with her sibling. There are battles she needs to fight completely on her own. This is one of them.

I hurry outside the space port. A veiled member of the Brotherhood is at my side immediately, one who I am well acquainted with. “Tonnerre,” I nod courtly. “What a pleasure to see you.”

“There was no time to warn you about the arrest warrant,” he apologises.

“Don’t be sorry about it. You had no control over it.”

In the distance I can see the white towers of the archiepiscopal palace. In its marble halls I can feel my elder brother Parhelion, impatient as he tends to be when he is forced to wait on someone else. I smile under my veil as I realize how much I missed him.

As Tonnerre and I hurry along, I can sense Aconite’s men tracking us from a safe distance. Most of them are not evil; just husbands and family fathers that follow orders. But some like the excitement of the hunt, and would love to bring us down like prey.

Suddenly, Grianán reaches out to me in the Force. Even under arrest, all she can think of is making me happy.

Parhelion waits for us at the gate, dressed in his finest clerical robes. Tonnerre and I are guided inside the property, while armed guards close the golden gates behind us.

“Where is Princess Grianán? Not trapped inside a luggage department again and in restraint?” my half-brother asks coolly.

“My wife is with Aconite as we speak. And yes, he had her pinioned.”

Mild irritation is written on his face. “Why did you let this happen?”

I answer with a counter question. “Can you renew our vows in the main temple today?”

“Of course he can,” an unfamiliar voice booms.

My head jerks around.

Khion Aletheia leans against a pillar, grinning cheerfully. In my long absence Agathos’ nephew has grown into a tall, lean young man. The wide eyes, which look at me in friendly mockery, are the same though: as blue and calm as the ocean water.

I rush towards Khion, shaking his hands enthusiastically. “Why are you here?”

“My mother and I talked about this liaison. Soul partners, no matter what occurred between them, have a right to be together.”

He produces a small, flat parcel out of his tunic and gives it to me.

“What is it?” I ask eagerly.

“You did not plan to have my cousin Grianán standing naked in front of the altar, I hope.” Khion grins. “No Ophidiae ritual can be allowed in our church.”

The tunic that I carefully unwrap shimmers in breathtaking ways. I can tell that ancient Elfin magic is woven into it.

I am so grateful. “Truthfully, I have only been thinking about the rings.”

“Calothrix supports this madness?” Parhelion asks pointedly.

“Love can be madness, true,” Khion offers, his grin even wider than before. “But knowing Grianán, she made the right choice with our Luçien here. Please, let this wedding go through, Uncle Heli. She fought so hard for it.”

(To be continued!)

6. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Everybody loves a Wedding. I just feel like this one is going to be a little more difficult to get to for our bride and groom....

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I hope Lucien can be happy forever with Grianan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    I hope you enjoyed the concert!!!

My wife has a twin brother who loathes her with a dangerous passion.

Yup. That's for sure.

Suddenly, Grianán reaches out to me in the Force. Even under arrest, all she can think of is making me happy.

Which makes no sense at all considering how much you've used and abused her.

It is so awesome of Khion to offer the tunic.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful post. Grianan and Lucien seem to be getting along warmly. :) No vestiges of prior ordeals. @};-

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Grianan and Lucien have gone through much together. Hopefully they have a nice future ahead of them.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Weddings are beautiful and a headache at the same time.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hi there! Cem_Fel/ Shawnkyr will arrive tonight and will stay the entire weekend, while my husband has to travel to the Netherlands. We will have a true girls weekend, yeah! This is why I quickly update and thank you humbly for all your comments towards Lucien & the upcoming wedding, this time one in Amnionian style!

Okay, here my update list, hoping it is right:

@Darth_Furio
    @Nyota's Heart
    @SWpants
    @Lady_Misty
    @earlybird-obi-wan
    @Darth Gangrenous
    @DarthUncle
    @Tyranus230

Within half an hour, the most urgent arrangements are made. I ask Khion to buy some decent lady’s wear for the honeymoon.

“Size Thirty-two?” The senator's son grins. “Do not worry, Lu. I will take my mother to help me. Father will never suspect a thing. She often buys clothing and then gives them to women who are not as privileged as she is.”

“Oh, can you do me another favour?” Flustered, I drag Bertha, the toy bantha, from its hiding place.

“Are you not a bit old for a plush?” Khion retorts.

“This is a surprise for Grianán. Can you place it in her cabin?”

“Her cabin?” He gives me a considerate look. “So, you are not going to...”

“Of course not.”

Patiently, I explain my wife’s gift of psychometry. I also tell him what I did to her before I understood her powers.

Not much later Khion leaves me alone in Parhelion’s office to make an important holonet call. Nervously, I wait for somebody of the royal family Tjiehenet to answer it.

I must not forget to offer my heart-felt condolences for both Agathos and Isabeau, even though everybody will think that I have her death on my hands.

After what seems ages to me, a young woman appears on the screen. I think I have seen her face some place before. “Luçien?” she calls out.

If this woman recognizes me without my veil, she knows me more personally than I would like her to. “And I have the honour of talking to...?”

“I knew Gri would win. The Force is with her, always.” Her lime green eyes fill with tears of joy. “Please excuse my unusual reaction, milord, but your fiancé is very dear to me. We grew up together in Cunabula.”

My throat gets tight. I remember another pair of lime green eyes. “Are you Clementia’s daughter?” I ask.

She wipes her tears away, showing me a bright smile. “I am.”

My mouth drops open but I cannot speak.

“Do you want me to get somebody of the royal family for you?” she asks eagerly.

“No, no,” I shake my head. “Please stay with me. I... I have a request for you.”

“Anything.” Clementia’s daughter beams at me. I can see her hands shifting into a mudra.

“When we return to Draconis I need a wedding dress...”

“Oh, we already made one,” she interrupts before I can add that I actually need one for Sionnach. “Daná plans for having an Amnionian ceremony here at the castle, but there will be also some wedding business at the hunting lodge between Draíocht and Ciall. Aranea, Luna and I took the liberty to sew an Udaler wedding gown already.”

The infamous rat pack, of course. The three best childhood friends of my wife. I am again rendered speechless.

“Listen, milord. I am very aware that turning from the dark is not easy. If you need counselling after your wedding, I will be more than happy to assist you. The Suspect Behaviour Unit can spare me as their chief for a while.”

Before I can give an intelligent answer, a strict voice can be heard in the background. “Mora, dear, whom are you talking to? Is this Parhelion?”

“Wrong connection, Ari,” she lies and shuts down the transmission.

Suddenly, I know exactly who that woman in front of me is. Doctor Hemutiu, the author of ´Darksiders and psychological torture´. Her thesis had been in the royal library. I had picked it up by accident long ago.

I remain in Parhelion’s office chair, both confused and grateful. Then I decide to look Mora up in my wife’s diary. She is there from the beginning.

After I was provided with a cotton nappy and Clementia had changed her own outfit, she allowed me to take a closer peek into the hammock. Clenched to the chest of the sleeping crone was a baby. She was fully awake and gazed at me with lime green eyes. An adventurous sparkle lay in those eyes.

“Mora, meet Principessa Grianán.”

Finding friends seemed to be easy in the jungle. I wondered what else life around here had to offer. There seemed to be so much to explore and to do. To pass over the Force vortex for all this richness proved to be a wonderful exchange.

I close the diary again.

Mora has a lot in common with my wife. I am glad that Grianán has friends like her.

Khion pokes his head through the door. “I need to be off now, Luçien. My mother is already in her favourite boutique in town. Good luck with everything. I’ll see you later.”

There is an incoming holonet call. I take it automatically.

(To be continued!)

Darth Gangrenous and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Flustered, I drag Bertha, the toy bantha, from its hiding place.

Grrrr I don't want him to be adorable

Patiently, I explain my wife’s gift of psychometry. I also tell him what I did to her before I understood her powers.

Mph. Is that his to tell though?? I feel like that's breaking her trust a bit.

“Oh, we already made one,” she interrupts before I can add that I actually need one for Sionnach. “Daná plans for having an Amnionian ceremony here at the castle, but there will be also some wedding business at the hunting lodge between Draíocht and Ciall. Aranea, Luna and I took the liberty to sew an Udaler wedding gown already.”

Now THAT I love :D It's so awesome of them

Then I decide to look Mora up in my wife’s diary.

I will hit him with a huge fish. Gosh. Wasn't he going to stop this?!?!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Lucien is making this work these days. He's cheating with the diary, but at least it's a far cry from where was before. I hope he keeps it up.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bertha the bantha plushy. Awwwww. Yay for the constantly there childhood friends for Gri. :) :) Lucien is indeed making progress.

16. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the wonderful comments, SWpants, Darth_Furio & Nyota's Heart. I am as usually in a hurry & will comment to other fanfics later, so do not worry Lady_Misty & earlybird-obi-wan. There will be comments in the late evening hours. For now just let me give you another quick update before I set off to my Hathra Yoga course.

Time flies these days.

My weekend with Cem_Fel was a bliss. On Friday night we watched all the lost episodes of the Manga series "Sabre Rider & the star sheriffs". On Saturday we roamed Berlin: first the "Wonderpot´s Frozen Yoghurt shop", the English book store section of "Kulturhaus Dussmann" & later on the entire city for the "Long Night of the Museums 2015" (5:00 pm until 11:30pm). On Sunday we spent time reading on my balcony before my guest of honour left for the railway station.

This week I had a busy row of days as well.

On Thursday evening I went to the monthly lady sauna & was happy, apart from the offered food that is. I stayed until 10:30 pm.

On Friday night DarthUncle & I went to Spine Gymnastics together, but I did not stay for Wellness Yoga. We were invited to a gorgeous birthday party, mostly family & close friends. We arrived around 8:30 pm & stayed until 1:30 am.

On Saturday evening we set off for the monthly Berlin STAR WARS dinner, meeting a lot of cool folk. We arrived at 7:15 pm & left at 10:15 pm.

Now the update:

The curious face of a woman fills the screen. She has shoulder-length hair that is blond and slightly curly. I believe her to be as old as the first serpent-spawn. She is as cold as she is beautiful. When she realizes that I am not Parhelion, her dark green eyes harden. “You!” she shouts. “Wrong connection. Right! Eat my shorts, Mora.”

Feverishly, I think of the diary and prompt towards the woman glaring at me, “Am I talking to Aranea?”

“Bloody well you do, Ankou! And I would like to be addressed as Miss Djed.”

That name certainly rings a bell. “The Director of State Intelligence.”

“And your greatest nightmare, filthy cat. If my bella is not well and happy the next time I see her, consider yourself a walking corpse.”

There is an excited voice in the background. Another woman. “Aranea? Why are you on the holonet? Imagine if that lunatic happens to call and he could not reach us, because you are blocking the line.”

“Okay, sweetie,” Miss Djed states with acted tenderness towards me, “Stay put and do not do anything stupid. No matter what Mora told you as your personal shrink. I am in charge here. You are of great importance to me. We will be reunited soon, you and I!”

Luna. Grianán’s godchild. What was she up to again?

As the screen goes black, Parhelion hastens in.

“May I ask you a question?” I say, watching him rumbling through his book shelf in a mad search.

“A short one,” he rumbles.

“I have heard that Grianán has a godchild. Can we have her here for the ceremony?”

Parhelion looks at me, amused. “The Secretary of Defence is so angry with you, that you would be best if you did not allow her in your vicinity.”

“Oh. Admiral Merkhet.”

“The very one. You never knew?”

I shake my head.

“You are a master assassin, but you are more than lousy with the names and titles around you.”

“I suppose you know everybody in this forsaken town,” I challenge him.

He gives me an unexpected grin. “I am the oldest thing in this room.”

With my head held in my hands, I remain seated, while my half-brother runs off with a thick volume clenched under one of his arms.

Trying to calm down, I decide to go plucking the flowers of the wedding bouquet myself. The chief gardener gives me an agonized look when I go for the wild flowers instead of taking red roses. Grianán loves when things are sweet and simple, yet unpredictable.

Fear does not only lead to the dark side. It makes extremely paranoid. Under my breath I mutter, “The rat pack will sanction this marriage. The rat pack will not sanction this marriage. The rat pack...”

I hurry to write a little note to go with the flowers. In the Force I feel my wife being threatened by fear. I attune my feelings and thoughts to hers. She lets me into her privacy without any hesitation.

The high pressure chamber is made out of stainless steel. I shiver, remembering the luggage compartment. Instead of giving in to my blind panic, I tell myself that Luçien will never leave me alone in the dark again. He will come for my rescue.

Aside from one of his guards, Aconite has brought nobody else along. He wants to have as few witnesses as possible.

“Is this where all the fun begins?” I enquire, turning my head to have a glimpse into the inner tubular member. I am on a wooden slab. The straps that I am bound with are very tight. My handcuffs are still on.

“I hate your attitude. Do you understand that you spoil everything?” My brother crosses his arms in front of him.

I grin at him ruefully. “Luçien might share that sentiment. The few times he tortured me, he ended up more broken than I was.”

“I am not afraid of the Ambassador,” he says triumphantly. “Nor of the Brotherhood of Shadows.”

“Oh, you will be. You will be,” I ensure Aconite calmly. “Do not underestimate his power.”

“He is not at your rescue now, is he?” He towers above me. “Don´t try to frighten me with his sorcerer´s ways!”

I stare openly into the chiselled lines of his face. “It is all about timing.”

“You´re far too trusting.” Aconite throws his head back, laughing. “I assure you, we are quite safe from your lover.”

“Lucien would find this lack of faith disturbing.”

“I honestly could not care less, Grianán.” He kisses me on my left cheek. “Seeing you dead in here will make up for all the injustice that you did me. Good-bye, my sister.”

“I love you, too. And I forgive you.” There is no way of making him believe that, but I have to tell him anyway. It had always been the truth. “Even though you mean for me to die in the same unspeakable way as the Sea Elves, Chairman of the Human League.”

“You are a Seeker,” he consternates. “This is why Mother wanted you alive. To make up with Mórag.”

“Sad, but true.”

“I see. Now I understand why it had to be you who was heir. Well, Seekers are a plague; perhaps I even do your lover a favour here. A man in his position has much to keep secret.”

“Like you, who who fears the dark and has a painting of his foster-mother above his bed?”

“Good-bye, Grianán.” Aconite shoves the wood slab into the high pressure chamber with full strength. “The only thing you can seek from now on is death. I will make it quick for you.”

The door closes behind me. I take a deep breath and start counting my heart beats.

One.

The light in the high pressure chamber goes out.

Two.

I appear next to my errant wife, before she can get to number three.
    “Oh, the things you do to get me alone,” I complain. “To pretend that I am not angry with you, Grianán, would be a lie.”

I can feel her smile in the darkness around us. That humbles me a bit.

“What if I could not have come for you?” I continue, trying to stay stern and be the voice of reason. “I was busy with other important matters while you purposely annoyed another madman.”

“You made such a nice declaration of love earlier that I thought I would allow you to save me.”

Her answer was as witty as expected. This minx!

Despite the raving lunatic inches away from us, I take the time to kiss my wife and heal her injuries. I intensify our kiss to do so. But then her brother makes some sounds that badly scare her, forcing her to cower in my embrace.

“Do not think of him or what he is doing!” I say and put as much conviction into my words as possible. “Please concentrate on the sound of my voice! Nothing can harm you now. I am here with you.”

Grianán does as I ask of her. Satisfied, I can feel the tenseness leaving her body. She inhales deeply and nestles closer to me.

“No flashbacks?” I ask.

“No. Not at present.”

It relieves me to hear that. “Let us apparate out of here before Aconite finds a way to get in. He is desperate enough to use his teeth.”

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  17. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “Okay, sweetie,” Miss Djed states with acted tenderness towards me, “Stay put and do not do anything stupid. No matter what Mora told you as your personal shrink. I am in charge here. You are of great importance to me. We will be reunited soon, you and I!”

She makes me roll my eyes.

“You are a master assassin, but you are more than lousy with the names and titles around you.”

heh, that is so very true.

In the Force I feel my wife being threatened by fear. I attune my feelings and thoughts to hers. She lets me into her privacy without any hesitation.

That's exactly the ONLY time he should ever delve into anyone's thoughts - mind or diary or anything else.

“I love you, too. And I forgive you.” There is no way of making him believe that, but I have to tell him anyway. It had always been the truth.

She is wonderful

“You made such a nice declaration of love earlier that I thought I would allow you to save me.”

*snerk*

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Grianan is a better person than me. Forgiving Lucien and marrying him is beyond my comprehension. Sorry Azure, that's my opinion.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love to see Lucien happy with Grianan

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Lucien is happy, indeed. Not fighting the warmth and sweetness anymore. [face_dancing] Yay.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There is a German saying: "Asche auf mein Haupt!" (meaning: Shame on me!). The time since my summer holidays flew by so quickly.

* Hosting a sweet Cem_Fel here in Berlin for a) a "Sabre Rider & the Star Sheriffs" evening, b) the Long Night of the Museums 2015 and c) a book reading session on my balcony (28th until 30th August).

* Some bad news for the entire team on my first working day (31st August).

*The monthly woman sauna meeting in the nearby fitness centre (3rd September).

* Going to the weekly spine gymnastics with DarthUncle and rushing all the way to Weissensee to the birthday party of a friend from old school days. He really has a social life since he moved together with his girl-friend. I do not need to buy a theatre ticket to see him any more. He gives private parties. Yeah! Sometimes even without stage actors & his stunning theatre team (4th September).

* Attending the monthly SW Dinner here in Berlin (5th September).

*A sailing trip on the Havel River with a pal (7th September).

* In between all the urgent birthday business of September, for many of my friends are born around this time of year

* My preparations for the Noris Force Con in Nürnberg & attending the actual convention itself (11th until 13th September. I could tell you about it for hours. MsLanna chatting enthusiastically with Timothy Zahn. The author asking ME (!) to sign my drawing for him. Ceillean looking gorgeous. Robert Watts insisting on looking through my entire SW/ Disney crossover book, while a long queue formed behind me. Alan Flyng being sweet to us as well. Alan Harris also being kind... and so on.

My husband urges me to go to bed now, but I do not want to leave without reassuring several fanfic writers in here, that I will read that work any time soon (Lady_Misty for example) and that I will spare some time to comment.

@SWpants: Thanks for still reading this and not killing Lucien for simply being himself. Or me, for writing the story as it is. A darksider that runs to the light again:

@Darth_Furio: And I value you even more for your opinion. Since I am 7 years old and saw Anakin die in his father´s arms on movie screen, I look for qualities in a bad guy that make him redeemable.

@earlybird-obi-wan: I am always happy when you are happy, birdy!

@Nyota's Heart: I longed for an happy end, against all odds. I never should have read "Elf Quest" comics since the 80ies though. The soul partnership stuff would have never occurred to me without them.

So please take my sincere apologies for the next update:

Chapter 32: Four weddings and one funeral

I set Grianán and me straight into the crypta. Here I want my wife to freshen up herself after that dreadful family reunion with Aconite. While she is away, Parhelion asks me to see a visitor in the corridor.

Curious, I go to meet a giant with blond, long hair, who looks somewhat forlorn in his winter clothing. “Skje, why are you here?”

His bushy eyebrows draw together. “Guess.”

“Of course, you can marry Sionnach.” I take my veil off and smile wryly. “I should have allowed you to do so much earlier, but I have been busy cleaning up the mess that I call my life.”

A muscle twitches in the right corner of his mouth, but that is the only reaction that I get.

“Sionnach will get a generous dowry from me. I owe her a thousand times for keeping up with me the past years.”

Now Skje lifts a brow. “I did not ask for any money, kitty. All that I want to know is: how is Her Highness? Did you leave her alive?”

I frown. “Are you referring to my late step-sister or to my beloved wife?”

Relief spreads over his bearded face. “So you married Princess Grianán after all.”

“Of course, I did. Her love is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me.”

He takes a step closer to me, measures me sharply. “Do you love her the way that she deserves?”

“I am working on that.”

“You better.” He clasps my shoulder blades. “Because there are many people out there who will get to you if you fail her ever again.”

“You mean her siblings and her three best friends?” I add for consideration and indirectly admitting that I read a diary that I had no business to skim through.

“Oh, not only them, Luçien.” His wide grin worries me. “Have you ever bothered to inquire how Dún Barr is run? Let me tell you, my friend, you made some mighty enemies when you took a Serpent’s daughter.”

“The servants?” I burst out in laughter. “You cannot be serious.”

His face turns into stone. “I know you are from an uncivilized speck of dust. But there is no need to insult all the loyal women and men who freely pledged allegiance to Narthex Kyrene and his clan.”

“Surely,...” I demur, but stop talking when Skje’s grip strengthens.

“This is a kind warning. Do penance in every way possible, Luçien.” There is a subtle trace of buried emotions in his voice, a hint of unmet longings. “You can start with me, the aid of the blacksmith.”

“And what can I possibly give you to lighten up your spirits?” I enquire warily.

“Give me your written consent that I am allowed to marry Sionnach. That is all I ask of you.”

My word alone is not enough any more. I start to ask myself what miracles I have to work to win the royal family for my course.

When I am finally allowed to see Grianán in her bridal dress, it brings tears of happiness into my eyes. The wedding gown is long, flowing to the floor. The sleeves reach her elbows, and are hemmed with scalloped lace. The headpiece is also made of lace, with a band decorated with white swirls of fabric. The headdress hangs mid-back, and pearls stud the entire gown. Underneath it, my wife has worn her hair in an ancient bun hairstyle.

My bliss does not last for very long though. The ceremony is rudely interrupted by the city guard and their master, Aconite Kyrene. The only positive thing I have to say about him is that he never gives up. I have fortunately prepared for an emergency departure and can vanish with my wife.

With accuracy I find Khion’s little cruiser in the middle of the world ocean. I teleport us straight on board. We receive a hearty welcome.

As I watch Grianán embracing her cousin, I cannot help but think that we should have married here on board the ’Aurora’ instead. It would have been a quieter and private affair, but Parhelion wanted the whole of Amnion had to know that House Ankou has allied with the royal Tjehennet family.

At least I can give Narthex a dignified sea burial. From quality time I have spent with him and Agathos I found out that the master valet had loved the sea very much. Back in the River Valley of Cunabula he had loved making boat tours with his grand-children. I have witnessed how he had taught them the art of fly fishing.

After a traditional funeral meal, which Mistress Aletheia provided, Khion, my wife and I gather at starboard and spread the ashes into the world ocean.

Moved by the beauty and serenity of the scene, I ask Grianán for her hand in marriage a second time. “We have to finish our wedding ritual. This is a ship and Khion is the captain.”

“This works for me,” Grianán beams and puts her hand trustfully in mine.

In an enhanced version of hand-fastening, invented by the Clan Riwalan long ago, I cut our wrists to just scratch the surface, and press our wounds together while I speak my wedding vows.

I vow you the first cut of my meat, the first sip of my wine, from this day it shall only be your name I cry out in the night and into your eyes that I smile each morning; I shall be a shield for you back as you are for mine, no shall a grievous word be spoken about us, for our marriage is sacred between us and nor stranger shall hear my grievance. Above and beyond this, I will cherish and honour you through this life and into the next.”

When it is my wife’s turn to say something, she makes me smile with her witty choice of words.
    “You are blood of my blood, and bone of my bone.
    I give you my body, that we two might be one.
    I give you my spirit, until our life shall be done.
    You cannot possess me for I belong to myself
    But while we both wish it, I give you that which is mine to give
    You cannot command me, for I am a free person
    But I shall serve you in those ways you require
    and the honeycomb will taste sweeter coming from my hand.”

Anxious, I ask the honour of tasting her blood and she gives me her consent. If Isabeau would be with us right now, she would have known what I wish to achieve. The expunged Clan Riwalan had its traditions; I hope to honour them this way.

It is quite a shock for me when I taste Grianán in this archaic way, but I can tell from her reaction that she likes it. I find that I also do not mind when she has some of my blood in return. Only a part of us is human, but our true heritage is that of feral beasts.

My breathing shallows as I watch her pupils dilate. Her hazy glance says it all. She wants me, all of me. But the Force healer in me can tell that there is still much work to be done before the two of us can become one. I do not want provoking any flashbacks of her recent abduction.

Grianán is furious with me when I voice my misgivings to her. In blind anger, she flees into her cabin and slams the door behind her. I remain outside, exchanging a glance with Khion.

A sudden outburst of laughter from inside the cabin makes us both smile. My secret weapon – Bertha, the toy bantha – has won a battle for me.

“Let’s play cards now,” Khion smirks.

“I’d rather have you give me advice on the Tjiehennet family.”

“You’ve lived with them for twelve years now.”

“That has not made me any wiser, I am afraid.”

He wrinkles his nose in a way that reminds me of Grianán. “My royal cousins are all good card players and tricksters. Comes via Narthex, I guess.”

“Was he really a trained assassin?”

Khion opens his cabin door. “A body guard must understand what life can have in store for his ward.”

“He should have eliminated me.” I sit down on the small bunk.

“Narthex was a well-educated man.” Khion sits down opposite me and produces a set of cards from his toga. “He believed that everybody is educable.”

“Such high hopes for me.”

“Yepp, you are in his debt for the rest of your life, I am afraid.”

I give him a sour look. “I wonder what you will ask of me.”

“Only Grianán’s happiness.” He starts shuffling cards. “That is all I ask of you.”

(To be continued!)

22. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    “Of course, you can marry Sionnach.” I take my veil off and smile wryly. “I should have allowed you to do so much earlier, but I have been busy cleaning up the mess that I call my life.”

Sionnach deserves to be happy :)

He takes a step closer to me, measures me sharply. “Do you love her the way that she deserves?”

“I am working on that.”

[face_plain] Yeah. He needs to be better

My word alone is not enough any more. I start to ask myself what miracles I have to work to win the royal family for my course.

You can stop being a lunatic. That'd be a miracle in and of itself.

It is quite a shock for me when I taste Grianán in this archaic way, but I can tell from her reaction that she likes it. I find that I also do not mind when she has some of my blood in return. Only a part of us is human, but our true heritage is that of feral beasts.

*shudders* I just have issues with blood rituals. I understand them, particularly with marriage, but it skeeves me.

“He should have eliminated me.” I sit down on the small bunk.

Well, you know. I agree.
    Although I agree with Narthex - Lucien is quite educated, and he's learned a whole lot more since his absolute level of darkness

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  23. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Some things should never fail to bring a smile to some people's faces. A cat is one thing that I think I will almost always smile for. One of the few times i haven't was when I was still mourning the loss of my cat Mara.

Well, they are finally married in all the ways that are important to them.

AzureAngel2 and DarthUncle like this.
  24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @SWpants: Your last sentence shows that you are finally start to forgive Lucien. Or am I very much mistaken here? [face_relieved]

@Lady_Misty: I also want to thank you for this warm comment. @};-

I am rather busy these days. Time just seems to slip through my fingers. Boredom is a foreign concept to me.

Last weekend I was with my family and friends. I arrived late on Friday straight after work.

On Saturday my brother had a run in the Harz Mountains & I went into the forest, amusing myself. Later on I bought postcards & started drawing with oil crayons until a stag party arrived at the ski club house. My brother drove us down again & dropped me straight in town. There I went berserk buying art materials until meeting three old friends for dinner. But just for 1 1/2 hours. My father became best marksman in the allotment club, where he & my mom have a garden since ages. So I had the duty to appear for the celebrations - free beer & a lot of dreadful music (= German Schlager & Folk music).

Because my brother had forgotten his bag back, I drove to the Harz Mountains with him again. I took the time to collect mushrooms, but I just found three. The summer was too dry. In the evening I was back with DarthUncle.

On Monday we met in town, when I was finished working. Later we went to the sauna together.

Today I finally took some time to update photos & this fic. STILL NEED TO READ A LOT OF OTHER FANFICS STILL & COMMENT! [face_blush]O:)

Tomorrow I need to do see my dentist & perhaps do my fitness program. My mother-in-law & my brother-in-law also show up and will stay until Sunday evening.

Okay, here we go:

Due to Aconite’s wrath, we stay on board the `Auroa´ another three days. I do not mind our prolonged honeymoon though. It pleases me to watch Grianán swim in the ocean. She is so graceful, so happy. But I cannot help but see how painfully thin her long illness has made her. The bones starkly outline, her skeleton is on display. I must take good care of her and ask others to help me out with this precious task.

When I am too agitated to sleep, I take out the diary again, seeking in it the traces of the happy girl my wife used to be.

Throughout my midwinter holidays we had long, extended meals together, talking about everything apart from politics, religion and the Force. Our views were too different and we simply left it at that.

Luçien showed nothing but kindness and patience with me. His eyes did not change colour once.

It helped that he was a father to quite a few children, and that he knew a lot of games. I mostly liked the strategy ones. Patole, Chaturanga, Mancala and Pachisi.

During several occasions, he played the violin for me. I cried with delight each time. He was so talented, knowing many classical songs from Terra and Elfin tunes alike. His long fingers moved with an amazing speed.

“Does Sionnach know you can do that?” I asked, after he had finished a very long and sorrowful melody.

He shrugged, lowering his instrument. “Does it matter?”

“She should know that you are capable of so much beauty,” I protested.

“Right now I play for you, not for her,” he scolded me and went on playing. The music became darker and more threatening.

I enjoyed it anyway, and listened with my head balanced on my elbows.

A part of me began to develop a grudge with his mother Fleur. Without her hunger for power, Luçien could have been a different man. The slender fingers that moved quickly over the strings were deadly weapons. He could use anything to bring a victim down: the Force, martial arts, fine swordsman ship, poison and words.

At various times during my stay, Luçien vanished to visit Sionnach, who lived nearby, but he never stayed long with her and her large patchwork family. Mostly he delivered some meat, had some coffee and was off again.

There was much laughter in the hunting lodge, especially when it was about my poor cooking skills or my fruitless efforts with a wood carving knife.

“Nobody can be perfect, Grianán,” Luçien comforted me one grey winter afternoon, nursing my cut wound with his Force healing skills. It was the start of my second sun week with him.

“What are you bad at?” I wanted to know.

“Patience,” he answered straight away. “I also can be rather unforgiving with my enemies as you already found out. It might even be that I overstep the rules at times.”For him that was a rather big revelation. I liked that he could bare his soul to me. As far as I knew he was not even this honest with his own sons.

Lovingly, my fingers stroke the leather cover. I indeed learn the concept of patience from my wife. For a Force user it is even more essential than for a normal person. With great powers come great responsibility. There was once a man who always tried to drive that idea home.

I turn over and lie flat on my back, staring at the ceiling. “Agathos,” I nervously whisper into the night. “I wish you could be here to guide me right now. You had so much insight, so much wisdom. I regret that I broke your heart over and over again. And worst of all, your daughter.”

My fingers fiddle with the quilt. It is very unlikely that Grianán’s father will come back to me as a brainless zombie or a phantom menace, but I check my surroundings anyway. Names contain such primal powers.

“Where ever you are and what ever you are up to right now, old friend, please bless this marriage!”

Nothing of great coincidence happens. The furniture stays in place. No voices of the Netherworld of the Force speak to me. But in my heart I feel much, much lighter.

With tears of gratitude, I fall asleep.

(To be continued!)

Darth Gangrenous likes this.
  25. SWpants

Oct 28, 2004
    Well I know what happens with Lucien. And, if he was a real person, I may be able to forgive.

But I never trust him, not really , in your stories.

When I am too agitated to sleep, I take out the diary again, seeking in it the traces of the happy girl my wife used to be.

See? He can't be trusted. He constantly goes back on his word.

I hate that she's sucked in to his manipulations.
    BUT I do like that there was focus on something good here - his music.

AzureAngel2 likes this.