main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Human Shields" - are they misguided nutballs or noble humanitarians?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by JediBeowulf, Feb 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abner_Doon

Abner_Doon Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    "i just saw a report on Fox News this morning that about a dozen of these human shields have gone home because they believed they were putting themselves in harm's way"

Not that I entirely trust Fox News...but if that's true, I must say, I shall be laughing very hard indeed. Wow...talk about iron resolve ;)

2. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Geez, what idiots.

3. Tukafo

Tukafo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2002
    idiots?

they said the Iraqui regime tried to use them for their own agenda, they were effectively telling them where they had to go. That's the reason they went home

There are two types of peoples in the world. One group sits at home in front of their TV sets, eats pizza, surfs the internet and demands that other countries be bombed for their enjoyment, the other group make sacrifices for their personal beliefs.

I know which group I respect and which group I call "idiots"

4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    "surfs the internet"

[face_plain]

5. JM-Anakin-Solo

JM-Anakin-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I think they probably didn't have much choice whether or not they wanted to 'volunteer'.

6. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    they said the Iraqui regime tried to use them for their own agenda, they were effectively telling them where they had to go. That's the reason they went home

:eek:

I can't imagine that happening. Especially in Iraq. [face_plain]

Latre! :D

7. Darth_Drunk

Darth_Drunk Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2002
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2003/03/02/wshiel02.xml&sSheet=/news/2003/03/02/ixnewstop.html

They were told to shield power plants and such. You know, places the military would actually target. They make a big deal out of it, and when they are told to put their money where their mouth is, they pack up and go home.

Tell me, where did they intend to shield?

8. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Master Jedi Smith right on. That is what I was thinking exactly.

I think these folks thought they would go over there and get the royal treatment and be just bench warmers in Iraq while crossing their fingers the U.S. didn't bomb the heck out of the area.

Then the folks realized "Oh my God we might actually be in a bad situation here. Oh I got to go."

Some said they were out of money. OKAY!!!!!

Judging from the type of people who were going over there being a human shields it looked like all they needed to survive was a veggie burger, mineral water and pop tarts and they were set. I guess they don't have that stuff in the mean streets of Iraq.

9. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Stupid cowardly treacherous nutballs.

[face_laugh]

You can't help but laugh at them. Here's an interesting quote:

So you see, those who hoped Saddam Hussein would allow them to shield schools and hospitals rather than oil refineries and power stations, clearly had not bothered to find out anything about Saddam Hussein. Saddam's never made a secret of his feelings about innocent Iraqis. He's murdered tens of thousands of them.

10. MajorMajorMajorMajor

MajorMajorMajorMajor Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2001
    What's the point of demonising these people further? I mean, most in the thread agree that they aren't rationally doing well (at most, people have been willing to credit them for good intentions...paving the road to hell, yes, but good intentions)...

But, then again, why not go for FIVE names for them? Or 6?! Stupid cowardly treacherous nutball Lunatic Commie Bastards!

Ooops, that was Seven. My bad. :D

11. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Yeah. This thread is rather pointless. They're idiots, big deal. Its still their choice. Lets move on.

12. Mirax-Terrik

Mirax-Terrik Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2002
    On one of the morning shows a few days ago they had two americans who were going to serve as human shields for Iraq. They were doing it willingly as well. I think they are crazy.

13. Master-Jedi-Smith

Master-Jedi-Smith Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Thanks Pigfeet! :)

Glad to see we agree on some things. ;)

Maybe they should move on to North Korea. Perhaps they will have better luck doing what they want to do there. [face_plain]

Latre! :D

14. DARTHPIGFEET

DARTHPIGFEET Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2001
    Yeah all the Koreans will do is have them hold hands around a big nuclear power plant.

Or worse yet. They might eat them. That place doesn't have a lot of food you know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.