Human Target - Bear McCreary

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Mastadge, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    This year has seen some fine film scores so far -- The Last Airbender, How to Train Your Dragon, Alice In Wonderland and so forth -- but for me the score release of the year has just become the score for the TV show Human Target. For this show, McCreary "set out to forge the kind of sweeping, thematic and operatic score largely absent from both the small and large screen in recent years . . . to create a continuation of classic orchestral film score tradition, not a carbon copy of it." And, with a 60-piece orchestra at his disposal, he succeeded brilliantly. This score is just sheer fun, epic and thematic and playful, and while it worked great in the series, isolated on disc it's brilliant and addictive. Generally I'm not a huge fan of television music anymore, but this year it may just beat out the film scores for year's best soundtrack release. Great stuff. Highly recommended.

McCreary's blog post
    La-La Land Records
    iTunes
  2. Garciamartinez Jedi Padawan

I have seen the movie "How to Train Your Dragon". It's nice movie.
  3. karissaim Jedi Padawan

Yes, I saw movies "The Last Airbender" and "How to Train". These both movies are mind blowing!
  4. Silasas Jedi Youngling

According to my observation, Dragon is becoming the main character in the film industry.
    Number of the films has been introduce by the name of the dragon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.