main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Humor]Fenig's Penny Arcade Thread

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FenigDurak, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    It is my ultimate goal in life to scare as many small children as I can. Whether it be with scary stories, popping out and screaming 'Boo', or the more effort-heavy scares that take years to take effect. Tycho makes an excellent ghost to frighten away those little brats seeking stores of candy in exchange for just standing on the door step for a few measley seconds while trying to look cute/scary/funny.

2. SandyShortsTusken

SandyShortsTusken Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2003
    You evil, evil woman...
    Now I have to add yet another webcomic to my required reading list, those which teach me the truely important lessons in life.

Ctrl+Alt+Del Why roommates are a bad idea.

Sinfest Life is like a boxy Yugo.

Zortic The Jawas are everywhere!

Megatokyo Why Geeky Gaming fan boys can't get a date.

3. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    While Penny Arcade is the Holy Grail of online comics, there are others that have the potential to be just as great. Modern Stud, for example. Incredible art, hilarious on liners. Made fun of fan boys (which I just love to do), and even defined what the difference between a skirt and a kilt is.

Unfortunately, the biggest hurdle that budding webcomics have to hurdle is that first year. Just like small businesses, that first year is what can really make or break the comic. With Modern Stud, production sort of just fell off. It's too bad, really. I happen to know that those involved are really talented guys. </butt kissin'>

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    8 bit theatre is really awesome too. but its so far along someone would need to read a lot of comics to really understand it.

5. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Ok, back to Penny Arcade. This is, afterall, the Penny Aracade Thread. Not the 'promote hoardes of web comics thread'.

I know that public transportation is just that. Public. It is meant to be for everyone. From the ridiculously wealthy commuting to their posh jobs down to the somewhat unclean cat lady with the metal cart full of canned cat food. It's a testament to our city that RTD runs so smoothly (I'm being generous here) and has built itself the reputation for being clean, on time, efficient, and unbiased. It's very true that it can be said that those who partake of this modern convenience are generally friendly and considerate people.

HOWEVER.

This DOES NOT mean that I want to be stared at. Don't sit on the cold metal bench and stare at the cold college student huddled by the stop to keep warm. Don't get on the bus once you see she's getting on the bus so you can stare at her more. And under no circumstances are you to ever, EVER try to initiate conversation with said college student. Especially if that student is making every effort at avoiding looking at you.

Oh, by the way... Have a link.

6. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    I would have thought that once Halloween had passed, I would enjoy a brief respite from the hecticity that tends to be my life. No such luck, I'm afraid. With finals beginning to loom over my head as well as the Holiday season growing in my rear view faster than the T-Rex in Jurassic Park, I'm starting to realize that life is hectic. Hectic is life. With out the stress and lack of free time, I would cease to exist. I would literally shrivel up and die.

Take right now, for instance. I'm not doing a damn thing. My hands are pruny and starting to dehydrate. I've pleasantly spent the last hour playing the quality games over at HomestarRunner.com and feeling the nerves in my backside slowly dying. I'd like to thank my 'new chair' for that.

So perhaps the perfect end to a not so perfect day would be to share with you the memory of a truly horrific Christian Slater movie. I happen to know that anyone over the age of 25 has likely seen this movie. I have, but only due to connections with others employed at The Wizard's Chest. I bring you Gleaming the Cube.

7. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    As a college student, I find this offensive. But as a student not in a sorority (guys go to frats. Not women), but one trying to make her own way, I find this entirely humorous. Well, I also stood up to bullies in school as well.

8. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
  9. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    I know there are a ton of people out there playing Halo 2. Because of which, this should be funny to you.

Heck, I don't play and it was funny to me.

10. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    The conjurance of undead, while fun and entertaining, is not something that should be entered into lightly. Once you have conjured the undead, 'what then?' I hear you asking. Well, there is care, maintenance, training, and first and foremost, role recognization. We can't have your undead going about eating you or your friends, now can we? I recommend gathering all of your loved ones around for a hearty session of what I like to call 'Undead Conditioning'. With each new person you introduce to your undead, beat them over the head with a stick/bat/cane/whatever you like while playing Beethoven. Repeat as necessary.

11. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
  12. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Why do you link to the TFN Boards logoff screen?

13. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    its kind of a gag.

14. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Now that we're back after a non-PA related hiatus...-=glares=- I'd like to introduce you all to Twisp and Catsby. One is a little devil, the other speaks one word at a time. Insubstantial exuberance.

It all started with poking fun at Kevin Smith's statement that 'Jersey Girl' was "not for critics" and so with a genius move, the guys at Penny Arcade made this little strip which is also "not for critics."

After that came the Crocotillian.

15. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Taking a break from Penny Arcade a moment, I thought I should delve into a bit of silliness.

Fair warning. The following link takes you to a comic that toes the line of... well, a lot of things really.

Enjoy!

16. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Knights of the Old Republic is coming out with a sequel. The specifics of the game are still a mystery to me, but I do know that you will still be able to opt for light side or dark side. Personally, I think I'd go dark side for the game itself. We all know I'm the epitome of the light side.

17. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Though I idolize the man, I would not wish to find out that I am most like Tycho. While I can tolerate the occasional erosion of my human soul, I would not want to be the one doing the actual eroding. Care to know who you are most like?

18. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    DISCLAIMER!: This strip has implied violence for the sake of being humorous and entertaining. Read at your own risk!

Now that that's over, I can share with you faithful readers The Aerial Adventures of Gabriel and Tycho Brahe. A word to the wise. When pretending to be WWII pilots, I would not recommend telling your wife that you "don't do garbage." The results can be quite painful, and are guaranteed to be funny.

Not for you, though.

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I think the appropriate disclaimer would be that you should be careful, else you'll shoot Diet Pepsi out your nose upon viewing this strip :eek: [face_blush] [face_laugh]

20. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    When going through any process in our day to day lives, we should all be wary of the decisions we're making and exactly what criteria went into helping us decide.

Tycho rolls twenties. What do you use?

21. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    It's been a decent amount of time since the last update. Unfortunate. The advent of the end of the world followed by a save that was nothing short of miraculous on my part has kept me away for a while. In truth, I was distributing madness to the masses of Portugal for the heck of it.

Which means it is time to play some catch up.

Christmas.

What everyone's New Year's Resolution should be.

Enjoy.

22. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    In all my years as the resident example of perfection in so many lives, I've been asked countless times what genius really is. I present to you true genius.

23. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    This is a special dedication to all those out there with kids. Especially kids between ages 3 and 10. Soak in truth.

24. FenigDurak

Dec 6, 2002
    Ah, interactive websites. The wave of the future. Careful not to get a sucker stuck to your face.

25. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    mmmm

soup

http://pics.livejournal.com/madush69/pic/000054d0/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.