main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Humor that worked for you in the Prequels

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Dwarf Vader, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Lost_Trekkie

Lost_Trekkie Jedi Knight

Jun 6, 2017
    I give Lucas a break on that one. I'm sure he couldn't resist including something so biological in digital form...

2. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    From ROTS: "In the name of... Hold your fire! You're not helping!" Perfect moment of a parent/elder sibling reacting to their kid/kid brother doing something enthusiastically stupid.

wobbits, TOASTEROVEN and Huttese 101 like this.
  3. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    ^Kind of a callback to the trash compactor scene from ANH too; when Luke yells at the older Han, "Will you cut it out, we already tried that." or something to that effect.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I also like the moment there where Padme turned it on him, which took Anakin off guard; "So...love has blinded you?" "well, that's not exactly what I meant." There've been tons of times I've had awkward-yet-lighthearted interactions with girlfriends where they twist my words, however jokingly; "You say I'm beautiful 'today'-what, so I don't ALWAYS look beautiful?!" LOL I loved that relatable moment.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  5. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Lots of subtle, dry humor in the prequels, for sure. Most of the good ones have already been taken, so...

Obi-Wan in AOTC: "R4, scramble code 5 to Coruscant care of the Old Folk's Home."

I like this one; it's sort of a blink-and-you-miss-it bit of humor because it's a little hard to make out what Obi-Wan says here, but it makes me smile that the "Old Folk's Home" was a transmission code word for the Jedi Temple. It's a nice little piece of world-building that says a lot about Obi-Wan and the Jedi but doesn't need any further explanation. Plus, I also think it's funny (but probably unintentional) that he uses the postal term "care of" like he was a kid at summer camp and he was writing a letter to his parents. It's just... goofy. I don't know.

Jango723, CaraJinn, wobbits and 3 others like this.
  6. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    LOL I just now know what Obi said after Scramble code 5 to Coruscant. Never understood the rest ..

7. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    This one is my favorite. Gets me everytime.

Huttese 101 likes this.
  8. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Also pretty nice:
    "....and...(coughs).... Anakin Skywalker... I expected someone with your reputation to be a little.... older!"
    "General Grievous, you're shorter than I expected."

Obi-Wan: "I hate it when he does that" (great line that shows the two of them had been through a lot of action together and reinforces their friendship/brothers relationship)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    Subtext Mining and CaraJinn like this.
  9. Prime Jedi

Prime Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Apr 14, 2018
    Pretty much anything Obi-Wan says in AOTC and ROTS. Also when Qui-Gon tries to mind trick Watto.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Obi Wan works far more comedically then you think he would

11. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Well, even as an older man it's apparent he's a bit of a smartass.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  12. LukeLives

LukeLives Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2018
    I still laugh out loud at Jar-Jar's antics..yes I think he is/was hilarious!!