main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Hunger Games] On Fire (UDC 6) - Week 20 posted 10/5

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by karebear214, Jul 17, 2011.

1. karebear214

karebear214 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2002
    NYCitygurl: I was wondering how you were going to end these (or, rather, who you were going to end them with)Perfect choice!!

Thank you. Most weeks I let the words pick the character, but Week 20 I was pretty sure I knew from the start. It just seemed like the natural way to end it. Although, I kind of wish it didn't have to end. This whole experiment made me rethink the series in a lot of ways, and it was great fun!

FelsGoddess: Hiding it won't stop it from happening again.

I don't think they're hiding it, necessarily. Suzanne Collins makes a deliberate point of mentioning that it gets taught in the kids' school - which is actually quite surprising and very important for the "just after" generation. Most of our real-world governments don't confront stuff that quickly (actually the whole "hush settles over the classroom" scene for me came from being in an elementary school on 9/11 anniversaries. It's really interesting how these kids who were not even born on that day can feel its gravity. They're picking up on the projections of the adults around them) I think it's just a matter of not having the words. How do you explain something like The Hunger Games and the destruction of District 12 to your children? What would you even say?

Anyway, sincere thanks to you both for your loyal following and comments each week. It's been real. [face_peace]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think you should definitely write more Hunger Games stories :)