main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Hunt for Excalibur: Dare Challenge (Han, Luke, Leia, Mara, ect.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by FelsGoddess, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Title: Hunt for Excalibur
    Author(s): FelsGoddess
    Timeframe: Post-RotJ
    Characters: Han, Luke, Mara, Leia
    Genre: Dare challenge, massive EU
    Keywords: dare challenge response
    Summary: King Han Solo and his Knights of the Round Table must recover Excalibur before his cousin Thracken takes hold of the kingdom.
    Notes: The dare:
    I dare you to write the modern King Arthur Legend Star Wars style.
    Han Solo should slip into the role of King Arthur Pendragon and Luke into the role of Merlin.
    Use only canon characters for the other roles, as in Gwenivere, Morgaine le Fey and even Mordred if you so choose. Don't forget Lancelot and the other Knights.
    Don't make all the Knights Jedi.
    The story should play in Beyond the Saga.

Thank you for awarding this "Best Crossover" in the 2011 Fan fic awards! @};-

?No word of Excalibur, sire,? Knight Ganner Rhysode announced from his position across from King Han Solo at the Round Table.

Han pressed his lips together in agitation. The ancient sword had been stolen three nights ago from its locked case were it rested when not in battle. Four bodies were found lying in the chamber, hands scarred with an impression of the sword?s hilt. The corpses contained neither identifying features nor indication of where their loyalty rested.

?My father reports that one of his contacts on Selonia confirmed that the sword is not with the Knights of V?helm. They have not disputed your rule yet, Your Highness,? Mirax Terrik Horn stated.

?I never suspected them,? Han replied, making a face at the words ?your highness.? He never wanted to be a rule, but fate thrust it upon him.
    ?Only a being strong in the Force could take such an item,? Wedge Antilles quipped.

Luke Skywalker, sitting at Han?s right, nodded, ?There are few who possess the ability to touch the blade without harm. Only someone with great talent could break past the curses.?

?The curses [i]you[/i] placed,? muttered Kyp Durron.

Han glared at the younger man, ?Cut the crap, kid.?

?Then that leaves Leia,? Tycho Chelcu said. Tycho was the best knight of the group.

A shadow crossed Luke?s face. His twin sister, Leia, was somewhat of a mystery. Both born of a human mother and demonic father, many wanted the children to die. Luke was taken by a group of wizards into hiding so that they could train him. Leia was left alone in the woods to die. She survived, and constantly made Han and his Knights? lives difficult. She was beautiful, but deadly. Many fell into her trap. No one knew exactly what she wanted, not even her twin brother.

?We have to find her. Already your cousin Thracken has started protesting your right to the throne. The sword provides tangible proof,? Corran Horn observed.
    ?I know that,? Han grumbled. He?d give up the throne if he could. To do so, though, would leave Corellia in the hands of his demented cousin. Many would die and the planet would fall within weeks.

A loud crash sounded from the hallway. The doors opened and Lady Winter, consort to the king, ran in. Her long, ivory robes billowed behind her.

?My lord,? she stated. ?Mara Jade returns with Leia.?

?She caught her?? Luke breathed.

?You know that no one catches Leia unless she wishes it so,? Winter responded, more as a reminder to everyone in the room than to correct Luke. Winter?s eyes danced around the room until meeting Tycho?s.

Wedge, Ganner and Shada all exchanged glances. It was common knowledge that Winter spent most of her free time in the arms of the prized knight Tycho Celchu. No one said anything, even though Han knew what she was doing.

?What does Leia want?? Han asked, ignoring the looks. He didn?t care about the affair. The arrangement was merely political. Once it was possible, Luke would dissolve the bonds and Han and Winter could go their separate ways.

?She vows only to speak to you,? Winter said.

?I won?t leave you alone with her. She?s too dangerous and unpredictable,? Tycho blurted out.

?If Leia wanted to kill me, she would have already,? Han stated. ?Now out. Wedge, Ganner and Shada, run surveillance. Mirax, Kyp

2. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    A creative take on putting Arthurian legend into the Star Wars universe. I definitely like this- now if only I can get moving and finish my own dare.

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :D

Star Wars + Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table = AWESOME

Very cool, Fels! Now I wish you could turn this into an epic.

4. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Love Leia as Morgaine. Yes, born of a "demonic" father. And Han as Arthur is just so crazy. The image of Han pulling the sword from the stone just makes me grin. Great dare response!

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    great interaction between Han and Leia, just like in the Star Wars universe.

A difficult dare and an excellent response to it.=D==D=

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    This is fantastic! Han as Arthur... I'd never have thought of that. And Winter as his wife, no less. Wow. But it works surprisingly well, with Tycho as Lancelot and all.

I LOVE Leia as Morgaine. A very different character, but it fits. It's a bit of role reversal for H/L, I guess, with Leia being the morally shady one for a change. Nice. I love their interaction here, it reads like classic H/L despite the very different setting.

I really enjoyed reading this! =D=

7. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I like it.

Luke seems like a weird wimp.

I like your description of Han when he talks to people.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fels, that was wonderful! =D=

It felt very Arthurian :cool: and yet SW-ish at the same time ;)

Makes a great one-shot but it would also serve very nicely as the beginning of a short story too [face_batting]

[:D]

9. LordChronos

LordChronos Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2011
    Wow, that was an awesome ride (and response to the Dare). Please tell me that there's going to be more!

10. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    *Briannakin clutches heart and nearly dies from the epicness*

OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE A FULL LENGTH FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARVELOUS, MARVELOUS, MARVELOUS!!!!

=D==D==D=

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_hypnotized]

Hokey smokes! What a dare - what a response!

You truly did it justice with that little piece. I felt like I'd walked into the middle of a novel where I hadn't read the beginning but it didn't really matter because everything flowed and made perfect sense... in a strange, twisted sort of way.

This would totally be a jumping off point for a longer fic lol! Or maybe the middle of one? ;)

Great job!

12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, WOW! [face_hypnotized]

I just stumbled on to pure awesomeness. :D Really - you had quite the dare and you took it and ran with it in an amazing fashion! It was twistedly perfect to have Han reigning - and Leia being all twisted and devious and sooo Morgaine, just brought a smile to my face. So much of this fit in a baffling way - I am amazed by your ability to spin this plot together and pull it off. =D=

I too, wouldn't mind seeing this expanded. [face_batting] ;)

~MJ @};-

13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    A very interesting approach to the Arthurian legends a la Star Wars! =D=

The characters worked very well in their roles!

Count me as another person wanting a continuation!

Great job!
    =D=

14. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    Twisting sci-fi into a fantasy-style legend can't have been easy, but you did a beautiful job of it! Leia was a lot more vindictive than ever seen in canon, but she fit the role of the not-quite-villaness really well. =D=

15. Raphire

Raphire Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2008
    This story was a stroke of genius! The combination of fantasy and scifi in this story worked flawlessly. I loved what you did with Leia!

Brava!

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very clever response!

I loved the interaction between Han and Leia

[face_love][face_love][face_love][face_love]

?Dark times are coming and you have no hope of escape without me.?

Way to end on a positive note, though :p

Great response to the challenge

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    MiralukaJedi
    A creative take on putting Arthurian legend into the Star Wars universe. I definitely like this- now if only I can get moving and finish my own dare.
    Thank you very much!

Hazel

Star Wars + Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table = AWESOME
    Very cool, Fels! Now I wish you could turn this into an epic.

I don't think I'm going to continue this, but you never know! Glad you liked it. Thanks!

Luna_Nightshade

Love Leia as Morgaine. Yes, born of a "demonic" father. And Han as Arthur is just so crazy. The image of Han pulling the sword from the stone just makes me grin. Great dare response!

The role seemed to fit with the storyline. She was going to be Guinevere, but it didn't work with Lancelot. Thank you!

earlybird-obi-wan
    great interaction between Han and Leia, just like in the Star Wars universe.
    A difficult dare and an excellent response to it. applause applause

They are so much fun. Thank you!

Iverna
    This is fantastic! Han as Arthur... I'd never have thought of that. And Winter as his wife, no less. Wow. But it works surprisingly well, with Tycho as Lancelot and all.

I LOVE Leia as Morgaine. A very different character, but it fits. It's a bit of role reversal for H/L, I guess, with Leia being the morally shady one for a change. Nice. I love their interaction here, it reads like classic H/L despite the very different setting.

I really enjoyed reading this! applause

He is an interesting choice for the character, but it works. Winter fit as his wife, because yeah...Leia isn't going to be with anyone else. :p Leia became Morgaine in the first draft of this. Her acting somewhat evil was fun to write. Thank you!

darksideyesplease
    I like it.
    Luke seems like a weird wimp.
    I like your description of Han when he talks to people.

Thank you!

Jade_eyes
    Fels, that was wonderful! applause
    It felt very Arthurian cool and yet SW-ish at the same time wink
    Makes a great one-shot but it would also serve very nicely as the beginning of a short story too batting

Glad it worked. Thank you very much!

LordChronos
    Wow, that was an awesome ride (and response to the Dare). Please tell me that there's going to be more!
    Maybe there will be. I'm not sure. Thank you!

Briannakin
    *Briannakin clutches heart and nearly dies from the epicness*
    OMG THIS NEEDS TO BE A FULL LENGTH FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MARVELOUS, MARVELOUS, MARVELOUS!!!!
    applause applause applause

Thank you so much!

Jade_Max
    hypnotized
    Hokey smokes! What a dare - what a response!
    You truly did it justice with that little piece. I felt like I'd walked into the middle of a novel where I hadn't read the beginning but it didn't really matter because everything flowed and made perfect sense... in a strange, twisted sort of way.
    This would totally be a jumping off point for a longer fic lol! Or maybe the middle of one? wink
    Great job!

Thanks! I'm glad the meshing of both worlds made sense.

Mira_Jade
    Oh, WOW! hypnotized
    I just stumbled on to pure awesomeness. grin Really - you had quite the dare and you took it and ran with it in an amazing fashion! It was twistedly perfect to have Han reigning - and Leia being all twisted and devious and sooo Morgaine, just brought a smile to my face. So much of this fit in a baffling way - I am amazed by your ability to spin this plot together and pull it off. applause
    I too, wouldn't mind seeing this expanded. batting wink

Thank you very much! Writing Leia was my favorite part. I might add more to it later. I'm not sure yet.

mavjade
    A very interesting approach to the Arthurian legends a la Star Wars! applause
    The characters worked very well in their roles!
    Count me as another person wanting a continuation!
    Great job!
    applause

Thank you so much!

SoA

Twisting sci-fi into a fantasy-style legend can't have been easy, but you did a beautiful job of it! Leia was a lot more vindictive than ever seen in canon, but she fit the role of t

18. SHADOW_MASTER_W

SHADOW_MASTER_W Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2005
    Awesome story!

Can't wait for more!

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you for reading! :)

20. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    More more more

Can't wait to see more

21. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Given the fact that I was the one who came up with the dare, I should have commented a lot sooner. [face_blush]

Love what you did with the dare, though. Han was an awesome King. :D

And I really enjoyed how you weaved the sci-fi world with the fantasy world.

You did a good job with this.

=D=

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    ccp
    More more more
    Can't wait to see more

Thank you very much! I've been kicking around a few things in my head.

Ceillean

Given the fact that I was the one who came up with the dare, I should have commented a lot sooner. blush
    Great dare idea. :)

Love what you did with the dare, though. Han was an awesome King. grin

Han would certainly be an interesting ruler. :p

And I really enjoyed how you weaved the sci-fi world with the fantasy world.
    You did a good job with this.

Glad to hear it worked. I was nervous about how the combination would come off while I was writing it. Thank you very much! :D

23. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you for awarding this "Best Crossover" in the 2011 Fan fic awards! @};- I greatly appreciate it. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.