main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Huntsville about ready start a FanForce chapter?

Discussion in 'Archive: Huntsville, AL' started by Elan-Rai, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Just checking in with the bunch. I know there is enough of you all to do it. :) Let's see. Anyone in? :D

2. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Not ready for the burden are we, I guess. :)

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    All it takes are a few intrepid folks to get the ball rolling. It took my group (Atlanta) a while to get organized. Don't give up hope! :)

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. :)

4. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Well, I have to say I'm pretty jealous of the Hothlanta bunch after perusing their website! Looks like you folks have some fun. I even recognized a few people I met at DragonCon. Didn't know they were Atlanteans. In fact I don't even know their names! LOL. I remember meeting the Baroness, the guy with the R2 dome on his head, Sithvixen, Moff Seiner, and a couple of the others look familiar.

Unfortunately we don't have much in the way of Dave n Busters type places in Huntsville to hang out. And I don't even know how many of the posters here are over 21 to get in to clubs and whatnot. Not that that's a necessity.

Thanks for the encouragement Minacia and Elan! Maybe something will happen eventually. :)

5. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    We crazy Hothlanta Rebels were everywhere at Dragon*Con, Larch. :) Are you planning on Attending Dragon*Con this year?

Dave and Busters is a great place to meet, most of the time. There are times when I wish we had a quieter place to conduct business. But, it is nice to be able to eat and play arcade games after the meeting, without having to drive to another location. :)

Libraries sometimes have meeting rooms that can be used for club meetings, and you usually do not have to pay to use them. That might be something to consider if folks in your area ever decide to meet.

We are in the process of trying to find a library in which to meet. I'm attempting to find one that is somewhat centrally located, as metro Atlanta is quite sprawling, and I would like to make the commute to meetings equally aggravating for everyone. :p

6. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    I dunno about D*Con 2002. If I'm still in Huntsville I'll prolly go (it's about a 4 hour drive). But if I'm not in Hville, I'll be *really* far away, and doubt I could make it. :( We'll see how things unfold. This should be an interesting year for me. :)

Looks like none of the other Hville folks are checking the forum. I saved it as a favorite, so I'm always shocked and amazed when someone posts and I see the little exclamation point! We still need some more people to reach critical mass I think.

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, you might be able to drum up some business by posting a call to all Huntsville, AL fans in the Welcome New Users forum. Make a link to Huntsville's forum in the post. That's how we got started. :D

8. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    Count me in! I want to be a part if I can.

We really need to get something going here for Hsv fans

Darth Sin! :cool:

9. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2001
    I am in. sounds like fun.

10. Sith__Happens

Sith__Happens Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2002
    Don't know particulars about what's involved, but I'm always interested in meeting other SW fans in the area. I'll do what I can to help.

11. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey all!

All you need to do to start an official FanForce chapter is to hold three meetings, with at least three people present at each meeting. Also, the meetings must be announced on the FanForce web site (I take care of that, after someone sends me meeting information.)

For more information about FanForce, check out the FanForce FAQ.

If you need any assistance or have any questions, please contact me via PM for send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net. :)

12. Kueller

Kueller Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I am in. I've wanted to be a part of one for a long time.
    Also, who's going to represent us at Celebration II?

13. dstratjedi

dstratjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2002
    Hello HSV Rocket City Rebels!!!

I'm from HSV and definitely going to Celebration II!

I'm a newbie to this post business and I inadvertantly joined the Nashville club (does HSV even have a ForceNet club yet?)

I'm an avid figure collector (when I can afford it), and would love to hear from anybody who plans on attending Celebration II.

There is less than a week to go...so I hope to hear from anyone from this area as I will be going totally solo (as in alone, not as in Han).

P.S. It only takes three meetings with at least three people in attendance to start your own FanForceNet club....let's beat Birmingham to the punch. I'm game!

14. saphyreraven

saphyreraven Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2002
    I'm in, just tell me when and where

15. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Well, you've got three people here, which is all you need to get started. So, c'mon people! :D

If anyone has any questions, or if y'all need any help getting the ball rolling in Huntsville, please let me know.

16. MasterSyfo-Dyas

MasterSyfo-Dyas Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2002
    Ok lets lay it out!

I can start a website, we can meet at any comic store in HSV, and the Force willing this will work!!! Let me know if you want a site, email: benhoward007@netscape.net

Also...I would also love to have a StarWars role playing game meetings too! If we get a chapter going here we can play at meetings...
    anyone who plays please contact!

P.S. If you play Jedi Knight 2:Jedi Outcast and want to join a clan visit
    (no www.) dov.clanhappy.com for the link we would love to try you out!
    Anyone that plays SW galactic battlegrounds, I would like to play multi player with you so give me an email....

17. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Well, what are we waiting for!!! :D Let's plan a get together or something.

We should get names and all, and maybe have our first meeting at a showing of AOTC. Of course this gives me another excuse to see the film again. I think this would be a reasonable start.

18. Kueller

Kueller Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    hye, im ready, i tried to do this a month or two back, and if even more people are ready now, lets go. i dont have anything else to do.

19. Darth Sin

Oct 14, 1999
    Okay, so where are we in this process?? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.