Gd Rapids, MI Hurican Relief

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by VADER674, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was wondering if anyone in the kalamazoo / Grand rapids area would
    be interested in trying to set up some kind of fund raising event for
    the Red Cross and the hurricane relief effort? Email me or post here
    and let me know. I've got some ideas but need to get more people
    involved.
    My Idea is to have an event at crossroads mall. Im contacting the
    501st and Local fanforce group also to try to get as many costumers as possible involved. I'm looking at trying to get at least on and maybe more if possible radio staitons there along with members of the red cross as well. Idea being to Get a donation to have pictures taken with us. Our goals would be to raise say $5,000.00 or more? But im open to suggestions...Would need to find a photographer who would possibly donate time and photos. This is all in the idea stage right now...but we definatly would need to get this done fairly quickly (IE: before the end of september)to capitalize on public support and wanting to help out.

This has been a horrible tragedy and I feel I need to help somehow.

[face_flag]
    Lee

SL6740
  2. Jaareth Jedi Knight

star 1
    I of course stand ready with my lightsaber to assist, just name a time and day and the force....well at least i will be with you :)
  3. lovelucas Force Ghost

star 4
    great idea -
    i have a lightsaber but no costume
    great tshirt, tho -

just let me know..
  4. Count_Scoobith Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll attend, I'll be lurking and watching the GRFF for info.
  5. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    [face_frustrated] Well, much to my displeasure I have been shot down by just about everyone...Crossroads said sorry not interested...two other stores and a movie theater I've contacted have said the same. Basicly everyone I talk to is already doing something for fund raising. So...with that being said I am going to put this on the back burner for now until the major fundraising is over. Hopefully, then I might have better luck. I'm hopeing I can work something out to tie in with the release of Episode III.
  6. TX0338 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Vader674,

I just wanted to let you know I have started to post info for the Grand Rapids DVD release. You can find the info here or at the 501st Michigan boards. We did an event like this last year at the same location. Trying to get the mall to do anything is like pulling teeth. Your best bet is to hit a store inside the mall. The malls usually let the stores do what they want as long as they keep "inside the lines." You are more than welcome to join us here in GR for this event.

Talk to you later,
    Donavon... TX-338
  7. VADER674 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I left a post on the 501st board also....I give up on kazoo so ....Vader will be there! May the force be with us and with the victims of katrena.
  8. BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF

star 10
    Sounds great! I'll be happy to attend if I can get a ride as per usual. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.