main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hurricaine Charley Report

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Sereana_Nightstar, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi all,
    Thanks again to Tallon for your support and phone call. Charley missed the two heavily populated counties of Pinellas and Hillsborough, (st. Petersburg/Clearwater and Tampa). However, those that evaced to Orldano and Daytona still got lots of rain, winds 90-100 MPH and no food around the vacation zone hotels.
    Now Charley is headed your way and could easily pick up strength before it hits the Carolinas. So Please stay safe and heed the warnings. This was a fast moving storm but it had a big wallop!!

Keep in mind ,,,let's get this over and HEAD TO DRAGONCON!!!!!!

See you all soon in Atlanta!!!

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    It's good to hear your group dodged the big one this time, Serena. I was worried sick yeasterday but thank goodness the capricious nature of hurricanes pushed it off to the side where Charley hit relatively less populated areas.

I've been thru many hurricanes and they are no fun for the most part, but I'm weird and I love to run in them because they have such energy.

Impromptu party at my place if you guys around here want a place to hang out. Be here anytime all day - we'll have a cookout and we'll watch the olympics.

Tallon

3. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I wish I could come to the Hurricane Party Don. I'm down in Morehead City right now, where we are going to get the brunt of the storm. Hopefully, I'll be able to come back to Raleigh on Monday.

Be Safe Everyone!

-UD

4. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Looks like Charlie'll skirt us and sideswipe the I-95 E corridor.

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Gee! can we come up there for the next evac?? I am really thinking that running to Raliegh would be better then trying to run somewhere here...like Orlando!!

That was a real shock to those that evaced to Orlando to only get the storm directly as it headed inland. I guess there is really no place you can run to here that may not be hit.

Please all of you stay safe...there are 2 more out there!!!

6. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Heya Everyone,

I'm down here on the coast at my Parents house and we rode out the storm pretty well. No damage down here just a few limbs down.

I'll be home this week.

-UD

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Sereana, absolutely, you're always welcomed here, you and your daughter both, Sereana. And Jayners, glad to hear you rode out another storm ok. You're getting to be a natural at this stormriding thing. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.