Hurrican Wilma

Discussion in 'Ft. Lauderdale, FL' started by usher-lover, Oct 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usher-lover Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just saw on the news that Ft. Laurderdale got the worst damage its seen in years from this storm. Just wanted to see if everyone is o.k.:)
  2. Omnis Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm one of the very very lucky few who has power. It got restored 2 days after the storm. We had all new equipment because Katrina left us without power for almost 2 weeks. So, I guess all the new stuff held up enough to just warrant a quick fix.

I know I haven't posted on this board a lot, but I've been snooping around. I'm active on the fanart forum, and that's about it. I thought I'd see what's out there a little more. Lol.

So, yeah. I'm in Plantation and I think we got hit the worst. A lot worse than stupid Miami-Dade county and all the other places they keep ranting about on the stupid news. 80% or more of all trees are down, and there is tons and tons of fence and roof damage. We still have no cable. I'm on a 56k connection, here.

Hope everyone else is doing well, too. See you.
  3. AxtonTredway Jedi Knight

star 2
    WE're all ok here! We were out of power for a couple of days...Then a friend got power and we stayed with him. We got powere pack 2 days ago. Internet & cable was restored this morning. It was pretty scary for awhile, though. Gas lines are down to about 30 min. Many private homes are still without power. Tarps are being handed out by "Project Blue Roof" for people with damage to their roofs and ceilings. Perishable goods are sill difficult to come by. I probably won't get back to work teaching until Wednesday. Halloween plans have been fundamentally altered but the kids should still have some fun! JUST WATCH OUT FOR CANDY CONTAINING PGPR-NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY ITS POISON!!

-Axe
  4. Riachia Jedi Knight

star 1
    We made it through alright.Plantation was hit hard. When the family first went to walk around, it looked like a war zone.Slowly things are gettty back to normal. Good luck to all.
  5. usher-lover Jedi Knight

star 1
    glad to hear that you guys are coming out alright!:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.