Hurricane Katrina

Discussion in 'Philadelphia, PA' started by F16WarBird, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I'm sure everyone has seen the news regarding the damage left in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. I'd like to encourage anyone and everyone to help out any way they can.

The American Red Cross has mobilized thousands of volunteers to respond in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, which completely devastated parts of Louisiana and left at least 55 people dead.

The Red Cross is mobilizing every available resource from across the country including thousands of staff and volunteers to respond to this storm. Red Cross volunteers and donors are neighbors helping neighbors.

Volunteers are already on the ground staffing shelters for tens of thousands of people in five states?Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Texas.

I realize that it's impractical to volunteer due to our geography. However, There are other ways we can help.

Please visit http://www.redcross.org/

Please keep the families of those affected by this disaster in your prayers.
  2. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    Looking at the news this morning, its like theres been another Tsunami.
  3. skywalker_1982 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well in one point I must say such a disaster like this why is it that tony blair has not come forward and made a statement such as they will donate millions of pounds of tax money to help out cause to me at least I would feel more better knowing that my money is going towards a better cause than buying stupid rocks from brazil.
  4. Saberwielder315 Jedi Master

star 4
    aparently there have been a lot of fires in New Orleans now by a riverfront.
  5. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is anyone up for trying to do something for those in New Orleans and those who escaped with nothing more then the clothes in their backs?

There have been water & ice drives and clothes drives all over the country.

Sound off if you want to do something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.