Hurricane Katrina

Discussion in 'Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by ForceMedic, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForceMedic Jedi Youngling

star 2

A number of Fanforces are mobilizing to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I would like us to be one of them.

Most of these people only have the clothing on their backs and that is soaking.
    They have no drinkable water and no food.

[link=http://www.redcross.org/donate/donate.html]Donate to the Red Cross[/link]

Please remeber NONE of the National Aide Orginizations accept donations of goods during national disasters.
  2. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all for helping the ones who decieded to leave before the storm hit. What im worried about is the ones in my opion were stupid to stay. A little common sence would say theres a hurricane coming i might get killed get me as far away as possible. The ones i feel sorry for were the ones who headed to shelters like the superdome and got caught. Whatever you all want to do im game for.
  3. Moonshadow Jedi Padawan

star 4
    That's the way I feel, for the most part. But if you've been watching the news coverage, a lot of the sick and injured and dying are elderly people. Most people that age don't have a car, and a lot don't have family who care enough about them to move them to a safer state. Them I feel sorry for.

And even if these people did make a crummy decision, they're starving.
  4. shmatt Jedi Youngling

star 1
    what crummy decision? the mayor orders an evacuation and rather than thinking about the tens of thousands with no transportation and no money... tells the city's buses to park and he forgets about his citizens. as far as im concered those people didnt have any other options but to sit and wait it out.
  5. JediTwin16 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    second off, think about all the people in pakistan that get blown up every day by car bombs. are you going to tell them that its their fault because they decided to live in pakistan?
  6. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Im i saying anything about pakistan, That's different. car bombs you can't perpare for. Katrina on the other hand. It hit florida first if you remeber and did major damage there. That was aug. 26th. Three days before it hit NO. ok so you give it one day after hitting florida and then it turns toward The north, by then its stating to get more heavier. thats Saturday when they started to Order the evacuations, Thats 48 hours or more to get out. Another thing bad about No its under sea level. what happens when you put a bowl in water it floats till water starts poring in, then the water has no where to go. same thing down there basiccally. the main thing im tired of hearing is only about NO. What about biloxi mississippi who Got directly blasted by the storm?

Yes you can call me evil. but it is a sad situation in the WHOLE area. You should help if you can. Its just a little irrataing hearing only about one city when basicaclly four sdtaes were hit with the same storm.
  7. JediTwin16 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah I hear you, and I will help, I'll throw in cash and whatever else I can to help.
  8. Moonshadow Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No no no no. Sorry. Not all of them made a crummy decision. A lot, and most likely most, of the people there couldn't afford or had no way to get out. I apologize, I didn't phrase that well at all.

But I never will understand why people keep moving down to Florida and the like. Every year they get pounded.
  9. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    Some of them couldn't leave, i understand that. So the mayor said go to the superdome for shelter. You won't get any of the food thats there but you will get a dry place to sleep. I want to know what the mayor was thinking. They have food there they could have had but they wouldn't let them in the kitchen areas.
  10. Moonshadow Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Have you guys heard about the nursing home that wasn't evacuated, then 34 people died? The owners have been arrested.... *shakes head*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.