main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hurricane Lili

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by JEDI-SOLO, Oct 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Well it looks like we are getting hit again less than a week later. Everyone be careful!!! I hope everyone will be alright.

2. Jedi_Jacen

Jedi_Jacen Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2000
    My entire family is sitting in New Iberia. And the storm sounds much worse from outside the state...

3. wicket_the_ewok

wicket_the_ewok Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    well it looks like i finally got power so know i can post on the site. our house was not damaged a lot, just a few shingles off the roof and some tree damaged. it was just really hot the past couple of days but we finally got power today so i am greatful. i hope every one else is okay.

4. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Glad to hear about the news wicket. We did not get hit too bad here at Baton Rouge. I spent most of the weekend cleaning up the yard. I got a huge stack of limbs ready to get picked up.

5. jmayeux

jmayeux Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Well, I'm glad to hear that you all made it ok. My house is well "A powerful force". It is the only one on my street that was not damaged. I guess the FORCE was with us. We did get power today at around 7pm. Last night the temp in the house was over 100 so I did what any self respecting person would do, I slept in the car turning the a/c on periodically. I have no trees left in my yard, but me and my family still have our lives and I guess I'll have to thank God for that. Hope you all recover from this quickly. Hope to see you all soon at a gathering or something. Jonathan. Lawtell, LA

6. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
    Finding time to clean up has been a problem for me. Between the increased influx of inmates at the jail and coordinating efforts with the National Guard, I have had little time for sleep. Been staying at the girlfriend's place, she had electricity the day after the storm. Our power just came on two days ago.

It was getting hot in here, but I kept my close on.

7. NightForce

NightForce Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2002
    I know this is a little late but, I think I was initiated as the first woman from California to experience a hurricane in Lafayette. I am used to the shaky ground in California, sometimes a little wiggle when you are lying quietly on your bed or the big shaker in 1989 that shook ya to the bone! But this hurricane was really something! Up until the very last minute our TV stayed on as we were given moment to moment updates, and I am very grateful for that. Then as the storm intensified there went the electricity. And as a lot have commented here, the heat was really unbearable. So after the stormed moved on my roommate and I decided lets get the heck out of here. We went to Texas and came back on Monday when the electricity came back on. And wow what a mess the streets were that night. Trees everywhere. But when we got home what a horendus smell that eminated from our fridge. Everything went into the garbage! I am glad no one from the club was injured or any sustained any damage to their property.

8. Jedi_Skye

Jedi_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I spent the hurricane in Lafayette General. My mom was in there and they let the whole family stay there, too. The winds were popping out windows.

I have a friend who married a gal from CA. They eventually moved back because she was scared of the bugs and weather. I would rather put up with hurricanes than earthquakes. At least you get warning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.