main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Hurricane Relief - Bosque Farms Bowling Alley

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by BrotherHalo, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    i'll be there to troop...may go red cross trooper even :)

i can't go to bowling on sunday becasue i have to work. clifford the big red dog is gonna be at cliff's so i have to go make sure he's not mauled by children or lifts a leg at an inappropriate moment :) i was gone last week and was volunteered....sigh

will be ther saturday though so hopefully i'll see some of you-- i may need ride if possible, anybody live in the NE hieghts that's going?

2. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I can give you a ride Cyndi - however I might be late getting there since I'm helping Deb move...

3. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    You guys rock for filling in for me on this! Joe, you THE man! Take plenty of pics, all!

4. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I may need a ride too....it may be just me also.....Joe????[face_worried]

5. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    I can give somebody a ride. Cyndi, Jess, or anyone else. Unfortunately I have a pick up so can only take one person, unless people want to ride in the back (I have a camper shell. Anyway, PM me if you need one.

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Thanks Viv!!! I will let you know!

7. ZUBBZERO77

ZUBBZERO77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    I would have liked to be there but my wife gets off work at 3 pm, and with three rugrats, it's impossible to look after them in armor. Sorry.

TK-7911

8. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Geez Victor, of all the lame excuses... (just kidding). We missed you, bro. But it was a blast anyway. Didn't make as much as we did last weekend, but considering the venue, not bad. We got some kick a$$ pics of troopers bowling in costume. Good stuff for the Star Wars Insider if you ask me. Great to see you guys again! Hope to make it to Rio Rancho tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and we made the 5 PM KOAT news. Woohoo! Jess is our new front man with the press. He rocked! I just looked like I had a big dump in my baggy britches. Can somebody help me make some non-baggy blue trousers?! Ken, where did you find yours, bro? I mean all the chicks were digging you in those tight blues.

9. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    It was another fun day of "Trooping" and helping out the victims of Katrina.
    Wasn't quite as busy as Hastings was last weekend, but there was still plenty of kids who enjoyed seeing us (and adults as well)The heat definitely tested us this time around, but we still pulled through and had a great time!
    Cyndi, the Red Cross Trooper ruled!!
    Michelle would've made Colleen proud sporting the Fett Armor. :)
    Jess and Joe, always a pleasure when you guys are around and making us look good on the news too!! That was awesome.
    Vivian got to show off her new Tie Pilot Armor, very cool.
    Then we had Jen and Greg throwing in some support from the Rebel side as well.
    Thanks goes out to Anita, Jenna, Michael, Jason, Jeremy, Peter , and everyone else for also showing up and being there for us when we needed a bucket to put the $$ in!! :D
    The staff at the bowling alley rocked , too, hooking us up with free drinks and food....they really seemed to enjoy having us there.
    Thanks for a good time everyone!!

10. DarthJen91

DarthJen91 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2005
    Had a fun time yesterday! I was kinda nervous 'unveiling' my jedi costume since it still has some work to be done. Everybody at the bowling alley was great. It was really hot and I got a slight sunburn it was but it was all for a good cause. Thanks for a great time guys! :)

11. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Great job to all! We all looked bombad if you ask me...Jess was so calm and cool on the TV...a fearless trooper! Thanks Jen & Viv for helping me with the Fett getup...after a few tries we finally got it on right and it was SWEEEEETTTT! Colleen is so lucky.

Can't wait to see the pictures - especially the ones of us bowling in armor.

12. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Congrats guys!!! Can't wait to see the pics! Did anyone get a copy of the newscast?

13. Lukeskimychael

Lukeskimychael Jedi Youngling

Sep 11, 2005
    I have never posted on a message board before so I hope I do this right. If not I am sure ya' all can help me. We went to the bosque bowl saturday for the hurricane katrina relief effort. I must say the only real reason we went was for my son Mychael to see everyone. He was a bit sad Darth Vader wasn't there, but everyone that WAS there, made him feel very welcome and he soon forgot that Vader was no where to be seen. He got to play with the storm troopers and light sabers, and he was in pure heaven. Needless to say I just signed him up to become a member of your club. I got some good pictures I will try to share some time but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone there and I look forward to bringing Mychael to as many events as possible. I hope to hear from some of you and things we can and can't do. Mychael is only 7 (he has been a fan as long as he's been walking) and we are very supportive parents and willing to let him do as much as he is able to do in this new adventure of his life. once again THANK YOU so much for being so kind to my son and sharing your enthusiasm with him.
    mych's mom (lyz) :)

14. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
  15. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    See this is what I love about all this. If when I was 7 I would have seen a StormTrooper I would have freaked. I think it's great that another generation is into it. Welcome to both you and your son. :)

16. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Welcome Lyz and Mychael!!!
    Glad you were able to make it out.
    We are a very family oriented group and love what we do.
    I've only been "Trooping" to a handful of events now but I can tell you that nothing gives me more satisfaction then seeing the smiles on the children and watching their eyes light up when they see us.:)
    Hope you will be able to make it out to more events in the future!!

17. jedijason330

jedijason330 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2005
    I had a great time at the bowling alley on Saturday. It was nice to get out and help a little for a good cause. It was nice to get to meet more of you since this was my first time at a trooping event. Welcome Lyz and Mychael, I was glad to meet you guys on Saturday.

18. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    it was great to meet some of yall also...jason, where were you? were you that mexican dude w/an afro?

19. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    You were there? No one else said anything.

20. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    said anything about what...yer afro?

21. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
  22. jedijason330

Jul 11, 2005
    Did I miss something here?[face_thinking]

23. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I'm not exactly sure, but I think LordMelkor thinks you are wondring why no one else noticed your afro but him..........:confused:

24. JABBA_JO

JABBA_JO Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 7, 2005
    I seen it [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57/jestrada21/afro.jpg]

25. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I just wanted to say thank you guys for making it a memorable event for everyone that attended. I just wished I coulda made it to hang with y'all.

Mos Alba rocks. Pictures anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.