main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Joaquin, CA Hurricane Relief Suggestion

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Kai_Vandekar, Sep 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I hope it is ok that I post this on the Tulare Board. I know I'm not an "actual" member, but I do post here some, so...anyway. I hope it's ok.

I've been lost as to think of where to put money or how to help in the desperate, horrible situation of the hurricane's aftermath. But I just received an email from a company called CoffeeCup Software, an excellent, politically progressive company located in Corpus Christi, Texas. I use their programs to do my website, etc. They are setting up a system to get goods donated to the refugees, and have a site set up here:

http://www.coffeecup.com/hurricane

I thought I should pass it along as a possibility. There are, of course, many ways to try to donate money or goods, and this is just one of them. But the situation is going rapidly south, and I think anything we can all do to help is better than nothing. We Star Wars fans have always donated to charities and helped others in times of need...now is definitely one of those times.

I don't know if this should be cross-posted or not, and will leave that up to the leaders of this fanforce group.

- Kai

2. Yodaa

Yodaa Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2005
    I used the following as suggested by the President yesterday. The American Red Cross the most respected relief organization is in dire need of cash. This is the largest undertaking of releaf within our boarders in US history.

If you can, donate...

http://store.yahoo.com/redcross-donate2/

3. The-Bald-Wookiee

The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005

You are very welcome to post here Kai, and we do consider you a member, it's even in our charter somewhere.

This hurricane was bad news. I read it was a Category 5, which is the most powerful rating a storm on this planet can be given, and a very rare thing indeed. But sadly not so rare as it once was.

Unfortunatley I have very little to offer in the way of support, but then again I know of a couple artists, perhaps they might lend there skills to the cause.

What say you Josh, maybe we could do some Star Wars themed drawings, just pen and ink, and sell prints at our upcoming 9-10 event? Would that be cool to do there? Do whatever else we're going to do for the kids, but have the drawings as a special Hurricane Relief thing?

Have a think on it and we can discuss it this weekend.

4. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Good suggestions, and thanks for the vote of confidence in me vis-a-vis the boards. :) Yeah, I am not exactly flush with cash myself, but this is -- I am sure -- one of those "every bit helps" situations.

5. Darth_Tater_Vader

Darth_Tater_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Good idea Greg, I will get in touch with the gentleman organizing the event next Saturday and see what they say, we can talk more on Saturday.

Furthermore, Kai, I know you arent a full member, I know you are an honorary member (at least to all of my understanding from our leadership). If you ever get a chance to/would like to please email me your favorite costumed pic so I can put you on the honorary member section of the website. Only if you would like to of course =D

6. Cruzer_Fett

Cruzer_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    We've got a fundraising drive going on between my classrooms where I teach. We'll donate all the money to Red Cross, the kids learn a little bit about helping others, and the winning class that donates the most money gets homemade cookies and milk, and probably juice to enjoy in class next week. They're off and running. Nothing like a little friendly competition to get them motivated.

7. mileniumhanandshrimp

mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 13, 2005
    good incentive, who doesn't like cookies and milk?

8. xdarthsmithiousx

xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Youngling star 3

May 18, 2005
    I love milk, but alas, I do not prefer cookies. I don't matter though. hehehe

9. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    of course you matter... just not in the context of grade school.

and it was rhetorical, anyway. ;)

10. MotherPalpatine

MotherPalpatine Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2004
  11. mileniumhanandshrimp

Feb 13, 2005
    :D :D :D

are you offering? in that case: yes, ma'am!

12. Emperors-hand

Emperors-hand Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I would like to help so hopefully josh will be able to sell prints or something because financially we cant really provide any support right now especially with gas going up like it is. :(

13. Liz_Skywalker

Liz_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 22, 2005
    10-4 on that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.