main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Hurricane Relief

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Calling all Arkansith...
    The local foodbanks are running really low, so if you have a chance, drop off a non perishable food item or tolitery items at your local foodbank. Also, there are several of the media peoples collecting at War Memorial. If we want to go in and try and gather stuff as a group, post it here and I'll try and work out the logistics. I sent Water to Louisana through my grandmothers company and have recieved feedback from the Salvation Army and Red Cross that it was desperately needed and well appreciated. Seroiusly folks, they need pretty much anything but right now they are having to focus on food and water and tp and baby wipes...We should remember our friends in our neighboring states in our prayers. There are plenty of local shelters that are recieving folks from the areas hit and they are taking clothes and stuff like that...And will be in the weeks to come. Maybe we can get something organized to send something their way, even the smallest donation is of great importance in this type of situation. My dad has been called back to military duty from the IRR to go and work on repairing hospital generators and called this evening and said that it is BAD, and we all have TV and can see whats going on. They are going to need help for a long time. Lets try and pull something together.
    Bacon

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    That toy fund raiser isn't a bad idea there Hyperspace! Perhaps we should see if Toys R Us will allow us to do the event earlier to help the munchkins down there. Poor dears...they've lost everything also. Folks are sending money, clothing, food stuffles, and liquids, but what of the kids?

3. Korvyn

Korvyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    JUST DO NOT WORK WITH THE TRU IN FORT SMITH!!!! ok i'll quit yellin now

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hadn't planned on traveling all the way to Ft Smith to collect donations.
    By the end of the weekend, they should have a better idea of how many people are going to be in our state for
    the long term.
    Hyper out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.