main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Hutt and Toydarian Jedi? Am I Crazy Or Just Bored? Gimme Your Thoughts!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by OODA_AND_CLATO, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OODA_AND_CLATO

OODA_AND_CLATO Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    OODA AND CLATO? The Forgotten Duo

In the back alleyways of Coruscant a most peculiar standoff was taking place. On one side stood a small assortment of Gran and Rodian thugs holding blasters. On the other side a massive Hutt stoically regarded the group as his companion, a stout brown hued Toydarian flapped his wings steadily alongside him.

The large Rodian leader of the group yelled at the pair in a crude form of basic. ?You tink goin see Boofa? Hahaha! Boofa nosee you. No one ev uh see you twosa agin. You twosa be pasty paste afta Gloog new doid getsha.?

At this the whole group let out a disgusting noise which could only be translated logically into laughter. The leader took from his belt a remote device that he pointed straight up. He pushed a button on it and immediately the sound of heavy footsteps drew closer.

From around the corner of a deserted datapad factory appeared a droid at least fifteen feet tall. Its entire front side was covered in spiky grinding contraptions that whirred and scraped menacingly. It slowly walked forward on bulky legs until it was standing directly in-between the adversaries.

At a single almost undetectable nod from the Hutt, Clato the Toydarian reached into his back pocket and drew from it a single spherical object. At the same time Ooda unclipped from his belt a curious steel instrument with a hole at the top.

The droid charged and the pair reacted instantly. Clato flew forward at an insane clip and dropped the orb into the monstrous droid?s grinding innards. The grenade detonated, and completely destroyed its threatening frontal defenses. Ooda accelerated extremely speedily for a Hutt, and drove himself straight at the metal hulk. With an outstretched arm he batted the droid away using a combination of his own incredible strength and a manipulation of a far superior force.

When the gang of thugs saw how easily the mechanical minion had been dispatched and also watched as the enormous Hutt careened toward them panic immediately ensued. As they flung themselves out of the way the thugs began showering both of them with blaster-fire. Their leader however raised the calling device in the air again and began summoning more of the creations.

The incredibly agile Toydarian zipped about, dodging the blaster bolts as if they were nothing more than minute airborne banthas. Soon, however, the blasts became more concentrated. His companion, he could see, was busy with the newly arriving droids, leaving the thugs to concentrate on this winged foe. When he realized his peril, Clato unhooked two devices from his belt resembling Ooda?s larger version, and clicked a switch on each.

The twin streams of green light that burst forth from the two saber hilts buzzed with impressive power, and shone with purity that reflected their owner?s intentions.

He deflected many of the excess bolts that otherwise might have proven fatal, knocking many of his attackers to the ground.

Almost mirroring his ally?s thoughts Ooda the Hutt ignited his own, impressive lightsaber. Even though some of the blaster-fire still concentrated on him connected with Ooda?s large form, the effect was hardly noticeable. His formidable girth and extensive knowledge of defensive and regenerative abilities of the Force left him almost completely impervious to that kind of attack. The new arrivals however posed much more of a threat.

Five droids appeared from around the same corner as the first, sporting many varied styles of both movement and destruction. Two of them walked on two legs with spinning razor blades and maces where hands rightly should have been. Another resembled an eight-legged arachnid, with pointed mandibles and a striking head that bore sharp fangs. The last two that emerged moved on tank-like wheels with a single slow-firing blaster-cannon mounted on top.

As the huge cannons fired on the Hutt, the bolts were sent careening back into the machines. Ooda charged at the spider droid and after deflecting a stray bolt hacked the droid in two.

Clato had almost finished deal

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was quite different. I'd love to see where you are going with this. The pairing of Toydarian and Hutt as Jedi is subtly amusing and quite logical.
    One request - I would ask that you put spaces between the paragraphs. It would make it easier to read.

Good job so far. I look forward to more missions!

3. OODA_AND_CLATO

Dec 30, 2003
    Thanks alot for the support and advice dianethx!

Sorry about the poor spacing, I was completely zoning out when I posted it, but will definately fix it in the next installment... I hope to finish it tonight but you never know... It might be tomarrow by that time...

Well... Back to the old grindstone! Stay tuned!

4. OODA_AND_CLATO

Dec 30, 2003
    II.

Ooda the Hutt was carefully examining the limp figures of the thugs as he slowly made his way towards Clato. As he passed his hands over each, a wave of healing force power was sent to aid their undeserving recovery.

?They are murderers,? Clato thought. ?Each and every one of them had likely killed untold numbers of innocent people without a care or thought for the families of their victims.?

Ooda finished his task and came to gaze on his companion.

?Sometimes I wonder about why we do this eh, Ooda? All too eager to try and kill us again, they are I think. One of these days we will probably end up at the mercy of some gun we restored to health, and do you think he?ll let us go because we were kind enough to fix his boo-boo? Bah! It?s enough to make a person give himself up to the Senate sometimes!?

At this the Hutt let out a loud sigh and looked high into endless space. ?Clato? You worry me so much with talk like that. We as Jedi Knights must remember that any life, on any planet, holds so much importance. It is from life itself, after all, that we draw our strength from the Force. It is not our place to interfere with the Force, that is, if we can help it. That?s the outlook we had when we first became partners, that?s the outlook I intend to keep.?

Clato flapped over to stare with his friend at the blackness. ?My apologies Ooda. You are so right, once again I think eh? I remember our agreement, but sometimes? I don?t know? It feels like we are merely inviting trouble. Just don?t be the one crying to me when our napping friend here holds us at the receiving end of a blaster, eh? Hahaha! Look, he?s coming too!?

The Rodian leader stirred and began mumbling some hateful words as he groggily tried to raise himself off the metallic floor. ?Mesa? Uh? Getta dat Gloog? Hesa speaked dat doids paste dem? Hesa told me no problemo! Mesa see him fight dem doids? Mesa, AH!?

The two Jedi suddenly came into his view. Surprise from the fact that they were still here, and the realization that he was still alive, just hit him. He reached for his blaster but even as the thought crossed his mind, the weapon had already flown straight from his holster into the hand of the Toydarian.

?You won?t be needing this, right now I think, eh? In fact we were just having a discussion regarding your lovely blaster. I?m afraid you may end up needing to find a new weapon after we?re through here. That, you can agree to, correct, Ooda??

?Hah! No sense in giving matches to an arsonist I suppose.?

The weapon?s owner received this remark with great disdain. ?Yah yah? Justa letta me go now! Me needa drinkee.?

?You?ll get your drink soon enough I think, eh? We just have a few uh, questions to ask of you first.? Clato flapped behind the alien. ?First of all, I think you should tell us a little about this Gloog.?

At this the Rodian perked up immensely. ?Gloog! I tell you lotsabout heem. He?? Just as quickly as his eyes had lighted up they seemed to cloud over. He slumped over, and neither Jedi needed the force to know that he had just died.

Clato ignited his twin sabers once more and looked around for any sign of who might have ended the former thug?s life. Ooda bent over to examine the corpse, and found neither a blaster wound nor any other form of attack. The Toydarian flew high above to check the rooftops of surrounding buildings, but found nothing.

?Come here Clato.? Ooda?s deep voice bellowed to his friend.

He descended slowly and extinguished his weapons. ?Yes??

?This death was not caused by any natural means. There is some power not belonging even to the boundaries of the Force at work here. I fear we may eventually learn of it, but for now, I believe we have a visitor.?

Clato had also sensed the new arrival. From behind the same corner the droids had appeared, a skinny Twi?lek female emerged. She appeared unarmed yet walked towards the pair with confidence equal to an individual holding a thermal detonater. Her skin was a mix of lime green and bright yellow, and she was clothed in an expensive loo

5. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I liked this one as well. I think you got the Toydarian vocabulary down just right. And the discussion of whether to heal the criminal or not was amusing and enjoyable to read. Loved the No sense in giving matches to an arsonist!

Thanks for the spacing. When you read a lot of fics on the screen, it gets hard to see after a while!

Good job. Looking forward to more...

6. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Glad you found this site too...I was going to recommend it to you, but i guess i forgot. If you get a chance, read through some of the fan fics. There are a LOT of good writers here.

Good luck with the rest of your fic.

7. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Interesting fic.

I don't see anything so strange about either a Hutt or Toydarian being Jedi. They could just as easily be sensitive to the Force as any other sentient being. I think their not being vulnerable to the Jedi mind trick might have more to do with their neural connections rather than being blind -as a species- to the Force.

I think the only problem a Hutt would face would be their lack of mobility.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.