main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Huttese

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Senator_Cilghal, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    In the AC Crispin trilogy, Jabba is impressed Han can speak Huttese. But in the prequels, everybody in the Outer Rim (well, on Tatooine) can speak Huttese...what makes Han special?

2. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    I think its kind of dumb everyone speaks Huttese on the Outer Rim. The Hutts don't seem like a very numerous species, why wouldn't everyone just speak Basic? I can understand the need for a common tongue of some sort, but it's silly Huttese is it.

That said, maybe Han Solo knew a high form of Huttese, and Jabba was impressed a human mastered it/knew it.

3. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    Remember, it's not just the Hutts that speak Huttese, their subject species speak it as well, I.E. Niktos, Klatoonians, Vodrans, etc etc. I'd imagine it's used in many areas.

4. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Maybe Jabba was impressed about it given Han's background.

5. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think that everyone spoke it. Tatooine was run by the Hutts. You probably had to know a little to get by there.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    In the AC Crispin trilogy, Jabba is impressed Han can speak Huttese. But in the prequels, everybody in the Outer Rim (well, on Tatooine) can speak Huttese...what makes Han special?

Han is from Corellia, not Tatooine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.