main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hutt's in Clone Wars Series (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Ziro, the Hutt.

(from Star Wars wiki)

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/b8/Ziro.JPEG/250px-Ziro.JPEG]

Apparently, Ziro, the Hutt will be featured in the Clone Wars series with this information from his Bio:

During the Clone Wars, Ziro was approached by Senator Padmé Amidala at his palace on Coruscant, when she tried to reopen communications with the Hutts, as they believed that the Jedi had abducted Jabba's son, Rotta. In reality, Ziro had struck a deal with Count Dooku to kidnap the child as part of a plot against his nephew. He attempted to dispose of Amidala with the help of his sentry droid IG-86, but was ultimately apprehended by Republic troops and put into custody.

Discuss.

2. cwquest

cwquest Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2006
    very metrosexual

3. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    You need to black out the spoilers. Those are pretty serious for the unspoiled out there.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I think we'll black it out for now, but I think we'll have to clearly establish what is "spoilers" after the theatrical release.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The existing spoiler policy will apply to the movie, though we'll expand the definition of what a spoiler is to include the novelization and other adaptations, despite being officially released.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Sorry, Q - I meant more of the tv series itself.

7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Then we just use the existing policy as that was what it was designed for. Official threads for a new episode with a spoiler period afterwards before it can be discussed openly elsewhere, to give everyone a chance to see the episode.

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    As long as I can come here and freely discuss an episode the day after it airs. If I miss it I won't come into the topic chat until I see it.

Basically, I think the episode chats should follow the comic book chats in the books and comic forum. For example, when a new issue of KOTOR come out there is a open discussion about it. Sounds that that is what you guys are planning, though.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah pretty much we're using Lit as an example as we deal with multiple new releases regularly- a situation where policies like what we had for the movies (where there was basicaly just one product release date) wouldn't work effectively without stiffling discussion or requiring a separate NSA forum which would cause too many negative effects to discussion (especially with the "Classics" part).

Anyways, any other specific spoiler policy questions can be made in the sticky thread about that subject- Ateema bata de bu azalus duble maskie Hutts! Ho ho ho!

10. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Also, maybe you could leave the continuity thread with a spoiler warning so we can talk about all the changes and retconning to the timeline from week to week?

11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    There will be threads like that that, due to the nature of their subject will be permitted spoilers. But it will be a case-by-case basis and only with mod approval, as it is in lit.

Now, less policy, more Huttery!

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Kind of makes me wonder why all the focus on Republic corruption was directed toward ineffective bureaucracy when there's apparently Hutt gangsters like Borvo on Naboo (in the EU), and now Ziro - both I'm sure carrying out illegal dealings - who reside in Republic space and yet the Republic won't touch.

13. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    We're just a step away from seeing a 3D Zorba with Ziro. Even if it has to be in a flashback, bring on the bearded one in 3-D!

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/85/ZorbaMugshot-HNN.png]

He always reminded me of thes Gorg on Fraggle Rock. :)

15. R_Zion

R_Zion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    Maybe Zorba had a pet Fraggle instead of a Kowakian Monkey-Lizard when he was operating... ;-)

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I am so tempted to remix the FR theme song with added Kowokian cackles in the background....

17. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    More spoiler information about Jabba's son, Rotta the Hutt:

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/4/47/Rotta.jpg/250px-Rotta.jpg]

Rotta's name was first found on a LEGO Preliminary Image of an AT-TE set to be released under the Clone Wars TV series line. Further leaked information, including his LEGO pic, pointed to him being a young, or diminutive Hutt, and even being Jabba's son, or another close relative. A Clone Wars action figure card confirmed him as the son of Jabba.

Plus Jabba's involvement:

[hl=black]During the mid-Clone Wars, Jabba requested the Jedi's help in finding his son, Rotta. But the CIS was threatening to start a war between him and the Republic. [/hl]

[hr]

Discuss.

18. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    Since it got locked for being redundant.

Ziro the Hutt. Discussion begins here.

Personally, I think it sounds hysterical.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Meh, Jabba was gross but also kind of intimidating.

The Hutts are just becoming gag pieces. :mad:

20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    [Panaka] The Hutts are gangsters! [/Panaka]

Word yo! :cool:

Edit: I think the reason Ziro speaks English is to help his character better fit the Voodoo Witch Docter-type that he is modeled after. It would also seem to fit his character a little more, being that he's the only Hutt on Coruscant and is secretly trying to take all the power away from his fellow Hutts. He does speak Huttese though in the scene where he talks to Jabba.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's also not unheard of for Hutts to speak basic- they don't have a physical incapabiltiy of doing so like wookiees. It's just rare, usually, as they think it beneath them. Either Jabba or Durga spoke basic upon command by Xizor in either Shadows of the Empire or the Han Solo Trilogy, IIRC.

22. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    IDK, in the movies I like my Hutts speaking Huttese. It makes it that much more alien. Will admit I'm curious to hear how a Hutt sounds speaking basic.

2 more days!!!

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I prefer them to speak huttese as well (it's hard picture Jabba speaking basic), though I don't mind variety.

24. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Ziro is very different from Jabba. His voice isn't deep at all.

25. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    All right, I'll be the first the say it here but I'm not the first to think it. I kept thinking as I watched Clone Wars, is Ziro gay? I know Hutt's are hermaphrodites and can go from male to female and vice versa, but I can't get this out of my ehad and I imagine we'll keep debating this till the bantha's come in to be milked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.