main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hutt's in Clone Wars Series (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RX_Sith, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    As I mentioned in another thread, I believe Ziro is transitioning from male to female as Hutts do gender transfer during their lifetimes. He's the uncle in the movie, so it seems to me that would explain how he seems more like a crossdresser.

2. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Could Ziro be Jilac's sister/brother? Also, the film made out as if there was only ONE Hutt clan, what about Durga's family?

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    We'll likely see more of the Hutts with the tv series is my guess.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Could be that there aren't as many major clans to rival Jabba's at this point.

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Perhaps, but I think it's more likely Filoni et al weren't aware of them.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not necessarily- they may simply not mention them because, since they're not using them in the story, there's no need to do so.

7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    How would you rate the Hutt's that were featured in the Clone Wars movie?

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Jabba's Jabba, for the most part (though him being all happy and smiles at the end is a tad strange). Rotta is cute and largely unoffensive. Ziro I thought was a neat take on a Hutt, though I hope the sincerity of his apology is less than what it appears, as he's far more intriguing if he really does want Jabba and son dead instead of loving him.

Also- the movie definitely makes reference to "Hutt clans" at least once (I believe it's during the Ziro/Dooku scene) though the "s" is delayed a tad in the dramatic delivery (ie: "Hutt clan..s").

9. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I have mixed feelings about the Hutts in the movie. Jabba was, as 2ndQuest pointed out, Jabba. As for Ziro and Rotta...didn't much like them. I wish Anakin would've held more anger towards the Hutts, even Rotta. I didn't like Rotta that much, and Ziro was...strange. :p

I think they should've gotten Nathan Lane to voice Ziro. :p

10. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I thought Ziro's voice sounded quite a bit like Cow, from Cow & Chicken.
    Rotta was just too darned cute, thankfully we didn't have to smell him.:p

11. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    Jabba is ALWAYS just Jabba. Ziro's voice reminded me of The Catepillar from Alice in Wonderland(could be the smoking thing too, LOL) But they ended up being good stooges as usual, I mean where is the power, Jabba?

12. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I like the tatooes on Ziro. Do I like Ziro? No.

Jabba was Jabba, I seriously wondered if Anakin would have to face a Rancor. Then again I'm sure he didn't have the Rancor yet.

I think that considering the TCW is a kid oriented flick that they did pretty well with the Hutts.

13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ziro's voice reminded me of Mr Slave from South Park.

14. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Sometimes I swore I could hear Cartman accents coming out. I would have laughed so hard if it had been the same voice of the Devil. I know it has nothing to do with SW but if the same voice of the Devil were the voice of Ziro they would have to throw Saddam's name in there somehow.

15. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Ziro should have been Jabba's aunt, for various reasons. Although we already have Queen Jool and her striped corset XD

The tattoos are rad. The Yuuzhan Vong underground art scene would approve. Also the cyberpunk artists who draw dragons with glowsticks and stitches and masks and dreadlocks.

16. GrandAdmiral_Frank

Aug 26, 2003
    Definitely the tats are cool. Coolest tats in SW I've seen since Maul. No one can top Maul's tats in the SW universe.

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Underground? With their weird taste in art? :p

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    The Vong underground scene is that radical niche group of artists who don't use the bejeweled skeletal remains of an opponent as a center component to their work. Bejewled skeletons are just so...mainstream ;)

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ziro would have been ten times better with male dancers.

But he was sufficiently awesome enough. And the Black Sun tatoos were a great EU addition.

20. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I approve of this explanation. The Yuuzhan Vong underground scene is full of Mon Calamari fetishionists and anteater taxidermists (who keep the skin on!), at least in my opinion. Why, I'd think one of them even keeps a General Grievous action figure handy for those challenging poses.

I just remembered the snogging scene between those two bargoers in the background.

I guess Ziro doesn't like dancers as much as the much younger Jabba. Maybe the bargoers were his "dancers". Hey, can't fully-clothed Nikto be part of the scene too?
    But what would have made Ziro 100x better would be the addition of Yuuzhan Vong dancers. If only...

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    How would that have made any sense if the Vong invasion doesn't happen for another half century? Sure we've gotten evidence of scouts in KOTOR, and the Far Outsiders in Rogue Planet- but I doubt any Vong like that would be interested in dancing, let alone for a Hutt infidel.

22. StinkyRotta

StinkyRotta Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2008
    I loved the Hutts in the Clone Wars movie. I thought they were fantastic, and finally brought a little bit of depth to the species, at least for those of us who aren't extremely well drenched in EU novels and comics.

I cringed in both viewings when I heard the great and mighty Jabba talk about his "Punkie Muffin". But other than that, I thought they were fantastic.

Any word on if we'll see Hutts in the regular episodes, or if they'll just be in the ones from the movie?

23. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I meant, lookalikes. They happen, there being many, many generic tattooed pale leather-wearing grunts out there.

Actually, the Yuuzhan Vong sent out scouts for reconaissance in this era. Vergere was abducted some time after The Phantom Menace. There's a chance of some going to Coruscant.

Now, I wonder if Hutt biology will be discussed in the series. The movie was trying to avoid the fact that Hutts are hermaphrodites, but the information is readily available on starwars.com

24. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    I really liked the portrayal of the Hutt's in Clone wars, it's nice to see a few more familiar faces - Jabba - though I do agree with a point someone made earlier, they were turned into a bit of a comedy piece as opposed to giant, grotesque and intimidating crime lords.
    The introduction of Jabba's son almost made me burst out laughing, but when they said Huttlet, I hadn't quite expected that. [face_worried]

Ziro's voice also reminded me a lot of the voice for Mr Slave [face_laugh] though the nature of Hutt's being hermaphrodites kind of lead me to believe that perhaps Ziro was more in touch with his feminine side, than he was with the other half ;) Perhaps he was 'going through the change' at this point? Just a thought.

25. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Remember Trillot from The Cestus Deception? Yeah, I'm reminded of her now. She was the brother of the other X'ting until someway into the story. She was also rather Huttish.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.