main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HW Task #3] My History With Big Brother

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 4' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Aug 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002

My history with Big Brother began five years ago...

"Wait, what, but... but..."

Bear with me, please. My story with Big Brother began five years ago, thanks to two of the best friends I've had the pleasure to meet here. These two monsters, also known as Debo and deltron_zero, had been part of the first edition and they had always ([i]always[/i]) said the experience had been wonderful. As I had started browsing JCC months after BB1 had closed, I had no idea about what they were talking about. A Big Brother game? Just what the [h]? I soon found that Internet netherworld known as "Inactive Forums" and there I found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/big_brother_house/b10390/p1]this[/link]. I probably spent hours reading old threads, completely fascinated, and I think I actually managed to read every single post of the "Good morning, good afternoon and good night" thread.

I promised myself I would take part in a new edition.

But the next editions came and went and I didn't even send in my application. I always thought "come on, David, you should join this game" but well, I probably thought I wasn't popular enough to be selected, so I didn't even try.

(This, kids, it's called "self-defeatism" and it's not only a very bad thing but also a pretty stupid one)

So, Big Brother 4 arrived, and this time epic was again behind the steering wheel. I knew people I liked and loved (even though love can't blossom on a blah blah blah) would be trying to play. Some of them, like Dani, Kristie or Brian, managed to get inside the house. So yes, I was ready to join the house. I wanted to share some of that magic Deebs and Deltom always talked about.

"So, why didn't you even send in your application, you lazy ****** ******? Hey, why did you censor 'mother'? It isn't against the TOS!"

Well, my life was complicated enough to even think about joining in, so I was content to see my friends play and to root for Dani like a fanboy. But guess what: I hated being outside! I wanted to be a part of the game. I [i]desired[/i] to be a housemate. I thought: "David, you've lost your last chance, just accept it"

And then I got this small PM from little e:

[i]"hey Schwarz, would you like to be an intruder?"[/i]

Damn right I wanted to!

[hr]

My time in the house has been short, shorter than I would've liked it to. From the start, I tried to get everyone to open up a bit more and to move away from the standard JCC spammy fun and into something different, deeper (lol), and I don't know if I managed to do it. I only know I've felt at home, though, never like the [i]intruder[/i] I was supposed to be.

I loved getting to play with Tom in the house during my first days inside: it felt like closing a circle. We also briefly resurrected the lost tradition of JCC Crazy Fridays, so all it's fine and dandy! I also loved posting alongside my friends (except Dani: the witch managed to escape!) but what I probably enjoyed the most was getting to know and bond with new people. From Jay Jay to Arlol, it's been great to get to know of them, about them, from them. My extremely social persona is completely satiated and content. I've said it before and I don't care what other people might think: epic made some excellent choices.

I never expected to get to be one of the final three. Never. I know I don't deserve to win, what with being a latecomer and all. I don't care. I've loved every single minute I've spent here and I'm happy with having been able to catch this last train.

Epps, Brian, Chris, Jay, Juli, CHRIS, Sonia, Sam, Tiff, Evan, Femi, Dani, Cathy, Ossy, Kristie, Brandon, Tom, Jessie, Melissa and the BBers I never got to meet: here's a toast to you all and thank you for letting me play!

--Dave

[hr]

2. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    I think...I'm...gonna...cry. Thank you, Dave, for agreeing to be a member of our house and one of my all-time favorite people online. As you well know, you're on the very short list of people I absolutely must meet one day! :D

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    We will. Oh yes, we will. ;)

4. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    And there will be beer?

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    The bit about closing the circle, although only you can know it truly... *sniff* :p

Fantastic BBer, fantastic JCer, goodly fortune be yours! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.