main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Hype] Haden Blackman and Brian Ching Interview

Discussion in 'Literature' started by mwhile_guy, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mwhile_guy

mwhile_guy Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey everybody...

I've sent two press releases to TFN but they don't seem to make it on the news page, so I figured I'd come on here and let you know about the Star Wars event at Silver Bullet Comicbooks.

SBC and DHC are presenting a month of SW interviews, snagging convos with SW creative teams and Group Editor, Randy Stradley, and capping the whole thing off with a big SW giveaway contest. On April 16th we started featuring one creative team or creator in SBC's Features Section, and it will run until the middle of May. The schedule is as follows:

John Ostrander & Jan Duursema - April 16th
    Haden Blackman & Brian Ching - April 26th
    Paul Chadwick - May 3rd
    Randy Stradley - May 10th

The contest will be a giveaway in Week 4 and the prize package put together by DHC will be the first 6 volumes of STAR WARS: A LONG TIME AGO... for whoever is the lucky winner. The prize values at just under $200.00, so kudos to DHC for the swag.

To get there, click this link:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/features/sw.htm

Anyway, we're having fun with the event and wanted to spread the wealth, as it were. I hope you come check us out and leave some thoughts, either here or on SBC's Feature Fiends Forum.

Thanks for your time!

mike jozic
    Features Editor, SBC
    http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Cool. Thanks for the head's up Mike!

After reading the interview, Brian Ching's definitely the man - a true Star Wars fan at heart:
      "CHING: Absolutely. I am a big fan of Vatine as well as the Cam Kennedy and his stuff on 'Dark Empire.'
      "
    Maybe DHC can get Ching to do some more DE-related stories. Maybe in Tales or something.

And how about Haden's great quote:
      "JOZIC: What are your plans for future stories in Republic?

BLACKMAN: Lots of dead Jedi."
    [face_laugh]

3. mwhile_guy

mwhile_guy Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2003
    I got a kick out of the "Lots of dead Jedi" bit also, although considering where REPUBLIC has been going, I believe him. :)

Haden and Brian were a lot of fun. I particulary enjoyed their comments on the films and their favorite moments, and their thoughts on the prequel trilogy.

Thanks for checking us out!

mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.