Hyperspace and the StarWars.com Message Boards

Discussion in 'Orlando, FL' started by Sabacc, Jul 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Brandon, don't miss this week's new Photoreceptor picture- it's of your favorite bounty hunter: Zuckuss. His head is being crafted by a sculptor.
  2. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Documentary #5 is up and running. Due to my internet limitations I've seen only 3/4 of the thing, but we finally get some details about that electric staff that GG's bodyguards carry.
  3. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    The new Before the Helmet picture is of Padme and Anakin in GFFA loungewear. According to fansites, the necklace she wears is the japor snippet Anakin made her in e1. NICE connection. -Campbell

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/bth/2004/04/bth20040415.html
  4. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I've mentioned this before, but on of the best places to get questions officially answered in a rather timely fashion is to ask Pablo Hidalgo. His "column" is at the link below and makes for some fascinating reading.
    http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=78&thread=155326&start=15&msRange=15

Here's a sample:
    Q- Will Red Leader from ANH, or any of the Veterans in the battle of Yavin be making an appearance in Episode III? I know it was just the novelization, but I remember Red Leader telling Luke he flew with his father during the Clone Wars.
    A- No. That line was very consciously deleted when that scene was put back into A New Hope. A hose-toting Rebel extra was pasted on top of the scene to cover the jumpcut created by cutting out Red Leader's lines.

Q- Will Obi Wan have any kind of direct contact with Chewbacca in Episode 3? I ask this becuase it almost seems as if they know eachother in the cantina scene from ANH.
    A- No.

Q- Pabs, any news on a Clone Wars DVD yet? Any chance one will be out before the OT release? Before Episode III's theatrical release?
    A- No plans yet, sorry, so as a result one couldn't possibly come out before Sept, barring any big surprises.

Q- At Celebration III, can we have a "Hyperspace only" or "Star Wars Forums" reception? Like maybe right before or right after the "official" kick-off of the festivities...
    A- Early plans are in the works to have special areas and benefits to Hyperspace / Fan Club members at the event.
  5. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Check out the new KnollVision 3D Quicktime in Hyperspace. Pretty cool to be in the set like that.
  6. Pikaroth Force Ghost

star 3
    I just checked out Palpatine's office in full 3D! Very cool. Everyone, go see it now.

Brandon

...now
  7. JediScout Jedi Master

star 1
    How is this going to work now with them being combined? Do Ihave to wait until I renew again since I renewed before the change? Or should I just go ahead and join hyperspace?
  8. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    I bit the blaster bolt on this one and re-upped with the new Hyperspace bundle. Basically, it breaks down like this. Since your Hyperspace is over, you'll keep getting the magazine till that ends (in what, 10 months or so?). If you want Hyperspace, you have to renew for a year of the big bundle ($40) which will tack on one year's worth of Insider issues onto the back end of your current subscription.
  9. radicalray Jedi Knight

star 1
    Actually, I quite enjoy the HyperSpace site. Only signed up for it because of the bundle & upcoming exclusives.
  10. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Me too; have since the first week. Despite all arguments, it's a very small price to pay for those many of us that spend a great deal of our days thinking on the GFFA.
  11. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    A new feature coming to Hyperspace is a set of four daily comic strips online beginning this autumn. Two will be classic from 1979-84, one will be Clone Wars stories, and the last will be written by one of my favorites, Pablo Hidalgo. Hidalgo's strip will adapt existing Star Wars fiction into comic strip format. That one's on top of my interests here. For more details, here's the description from TOS:
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20040715.html

-Campbell
  12. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    With dial-up I tend to see the online content so slowly, I usually am not in a hurry to get to it. So it was with great pleasure that I just watched Saturday's title reveal from Comic-Con. The short video is about 90 seconds and shows pieces of each episode in the order they were made. Watching it I got really excited for this new installment, and even just going back and watching all the others.

Here's a link to the clip and to most of the Hyperspace exclusive content from SDCC:
    http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/kessel/f20040720/indexp8.html
  13. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    With uncanny timing, TOS message boards have introduced a regional feature. Finally, we are able to post Florida/Orlando specific posts on the official boards.

What does this mean to us? Well, I suggest more exposure. We've gotten a couple of people, including collector and webmaster Sharon by this means; who knows who else might join the fold when we hang our shingle out? Also, it's worth considering picking up the Orlando System and transplanting it to TOS.

What do you think? I've made an introductory post there so we'll see which of us decides to participate, and if anyone new drops by. -Campbell

Here's the link.
  14. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    Since my previous idea received jack squat response, I'll post a real Hyperspace note. For those that subscribe have you noticed that Hyperspace is really chock full of goodness lately? E.g.- yesterday's shot of Luke on Bespin is really cool, and one in a long line of pictures I've never seen before. That's not an easy feat, folks.

Lastly, if anyone's interested in taking this show outside TF.n, note that you do NOT need to be a Hyperspace member to go on the Official Site's message boards. -Campbell
  15. Sabacc Jedi Master

star 4
    The Hyperspace exclusive webstrips begin next week!

http://starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20040927b.html
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.