main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hyperspace Chat Topics

Discussion in 'Communications' started by AL, Jul 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

As many are aware, a slew of professionals working in the Episode III production have been making appearances in Hyperspace Chat sessions over at the Official Site. In anticipation of this, a topic is started in Episode III Spoilers Allowed forum which is summarily filled for at leaat the first five (sometimes many more) pages with incessant fanboy ramblings in which fellow geeks try and devise more futile ways in which they foolheartedly believe they can get McCallum, Gillard etc, to spill out major revelations about Episode III. This is the nature of the boards and I can usually ignore it. However, in order to find out what the actual answers are, I have to go through slews of this which makes me, an impatient Turk at best, very, very anxious. So here is what I suggest.

As was the case with the "Select" pics during the AOTC production, two threads are created by moderators once a Hyperchat is announced on the website. One thread is devoted to fanboy ramblings where people can also discuss what questions they can ask whereas the other one is dedicated to the answers provided in the chat and the discussions therof. The latter remains locked until the chat starts by which time it is reactivated by a mod and I, along with other members who just want to discuss the answers given in the chat, head over to that thread and nitpick the replies given with vigour and panache.

Thanks.

2. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    Not really necessary. One thread is enough..

The other thread can be a summary of the chat of the respected celebrity or crew member...

3. AL

Aug 22, 1998

I believe it is necessary if, like yours truly, one is led astray from the righteous path every time one reads of yet another improbably obtuse plot to get the respective (and most possibly respected as well) personality to spew major plot points.

Besides, we have perfect precedence for this during this very stage of production of AOTC.

=====

Edit:

Further, there would always be only one thread. The questions thread will remain open until the chat starts after which it will be closed and all the following discussions will carry out on the other thread with the paraphrased answers from the chat itself.

See? Sharp as a marble, I am.

4. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    Sharp as a marble, I am.

not to mention pompous. this isn't necessary, will be more hassle than it's worth, and sounds more like your own intolerance for other people's enjoyment of the thread. suck it up and deal with the people/posts that are 'beneath' you.

[face_plain]

5. AL

Aug 22, 1998

Well I am dealing with you, aren't I, so give me some credit.

The fact is that this was a big problem during AOTC. A perfect solution that satisfied both parties was found (the one that I suggest above) and was implemented by the administration. I am just asking for it to be brought back. It is foolproof in the way that it does not take out of anyone's enjoyment of the boards.

6. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Or we could just ban those who overdo the fanboy ramblings.

7. Porkins in a Speedo

Porkins in a Speedo Jedi Knight star 5

May 6, 1999
    Well I am dealing with you, aren't I, so give me some credit.

clever.

8. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    AL, thanks for your post. It is great to see members putting forth some good ideas to help better the forum. I like your idea and think it is deserves attention.

As you mentioned, we have a single thread where the announcement about the upcoming chat is posted, members post their speculation and questions. As the thread goes, the questions/answers from the Hyperspace chat are posted along the way and the members react and discuss.

I suggest that from now on, we 3SA mods follow the chat (we can rotate who is responsible for each chat) and keep the first post in the thread current with a chronological listing of all questions and answers so far, as they are posted in Hyperspace. This way, you have only one place to look and will instantly find that which you seek - without having to surf through many pages to scavenge out the goods.

As you know, the "summary" of questions/answers in the thread will be paraphrased, as per the legalese put forth to us by Lucasfilm.

Sound like a plan?

9. AL

Aug 22, 1998

It sounds perfect Grilled-Sarlacc; as long as it is not too much of a hassle for you guys. As it stands, I love your suggestion and it would make life much easier for me (and I am sure many, albeit silent, others) as well.

Thanks a lot for your quick response.

:)

10. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    rather than have it as part of a thread, why not have a page on TFn that covers questions and answers from the hyperspace chats ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.