main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Hyperspace is being discontinued

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TNPredsFan, May 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
  2. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    No surprise there. LFL and its associated content providers are doing little to sustain the interest of the thirtysomethings that inject cash into the fandom. Basically it's either 8-to-12-year-olds that are watching "Clone Wars"- the kids of those thirtysomethings- or extremely die-hard fans who are still actively interested in what they're offering.

Honestly, Hyperspace was a joke from the get-go. I only subscribed for the so-called "perks" I'd get at Celebration III. Those turned out to be a huge joke, and a waste of an additional 80 bucks. Also, when they tried to make it the Official Star Wars Fan Club and then scoffed at creating local chapters to bring fans together (which is what I contacted them about)- which is what FanForce did minus the $40 membership fee- they proved that it was nothing more than another attempt to bilk Star Wars fans out of extra cash to line George's creatively-spent pockets.

3. jtmh1989

jtmh1989 Jedi Youngling

Mar 8, 2010
    Is it sad I wanted to sign up for the final sign on goodies? Actually it was mainly just the patch :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.