main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hyperspace Literature- Time Tales

Discussion in 'Literature' started by UlikQelDroma, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UlikQelDroma

UlikQelDroma Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2005
    Hi, what is going to happen Post ROTS? Will there still be Hyperspace? I hope it becomes free. I don't think it should cost anything, instead it should go back to old Starwars.com. Also, I'm interested in reading all the short stories and the comics: Greedo's Tale and Reversal of Fortune, do you think they will be sold in some other medium if not for free at Starwars.com? And if not, do you think they will be transfered over to Theforce.net's TimeTales Arcana Historica? I hope so. When are we going to see more updates in the Arcana Historica? I hope that I will still be able to see all these stories on Hyperspace in the future. What do you all think? Will it become free, will it be sold in another medium, or transfered to Arcana Historica?

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Hi, what is going to happen Post ROTS? Will there still be Hyperspace? I hope it becomes free. I don't think it should cost anything, instead it should go back to old Starwars.com. Also, I'm interested in reading all the short stories and the comics: Greedo's Tale and Reversal of Fortune, do you think they will be sold in some other medium if not for free at Starwars.com? And if not, do you think they will be transfered over to Theforce.net's TimeTales Arcana Historica? I hope so. When are we going to see more updates in the Arcana Historica? I hope that I will still be able to see all these stories on Hyperspace in the future. What do you all think? Will it become free, will it be sold in another medium, or transfered to Arcana Historica?

I would imagine that Hyperspace will continue for quite some time as a paid membership/subscription. You can read Greedo's Tale as a short story in "Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina" - the webstrip is an adaptation of the short story.

I doubt any of it will be 'officially' transfered to the Arcana Historica ever, considering that Time Tales isn't run by LFL or its partners.

As whether some of these content pieces will become free in the future... perhaps, although if people knew that eventually things would be released for free, it might negatively affect hyperspace memberships, so wouldn't make good business sense.

I could imagine Reversal of Fortune being published at some point.

just my thoughts.

3. UlikQelDroma

Apr 14, 2005
    well it won't effect the business of Hyperspace too bad. There are still many features besides literature and comics. These used to be for free at Starwars.com. Remember the Podrace comics, etc? Having these be free shouldn't hurt the business.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    but if people knew that stuff that was once on hyperspace will after a year or so be released for free, you might lose those customers who would rather be patient and cheap than hasty and pay. sure there's a lot of special content still.. but i mostly bought my subscription to see EU stuff online, and get the magazine. if i knew it would be eventually free, i might choose to wait.

5. UlikQelDroma

Apr 14, 2005
    yeah, but you know how Lucasfilm works. They did that with the DVDs and they probably still are going to. They probably will do it with the ewoks and droids cartoons, as well as the Clone Wars DVDs. Sell them seperatly uncomplete with big hypes, but then a few years, they sell a more complete version. This is why I also never bought the SW trilogy of DVD, I'm waiting for a more complete version, maybe all 6 together with all the deleted scenes. So, I hope they are applying the same tatic to Hyperspace stuff after ROTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.