main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hyperspace Literatute Section

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ackbar_Van_Gungan, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Ackbar_Van_Gungan Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Is it possible to find the Hyperspace Literature section anywhere else other then collecting the dozens of short story collections and magazines that these were found in? I don't have a membership but the Literature section interests me greatly. I think they should have a literature only membership for people that don't want to get all the spoilers and such or the Insider magazine (People like me). Anyone got any ideas?

-The Rebel Gungan

2. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    there are twisted ways to get them.. but these are illegal. It is not allowed to post them elsewhere or distribute them via sharing software.

3. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Unfortunatly, for some people like you, Hyperspace is a package deal, so if there's only one thing in it that you're interested in it's probably not worth it.

4. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Oct 14, 2004
    Yeah thats what I figured. I really wish they had some more options.

-The Rebel Gungan

5. Ackbar_Van_Gungan

Oct 14, 2004
    Dream/ How incredible would it be if they published all of that in a Star Wars Short Story Anthology. I would pay the $40+ if I got a hard copy of the stories. Kind of like the Tales of ... but in one thick, possibly hard cover, edition. Or a series of hardcovers... /Dream

-The Rebel Gungan

6. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    That would be cool, but they won't do it.

They won't even publish a Tales from the Clone Wars short story collection :(

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    They want our money. I'm half tempted to find some illegal ways of getting those stories just to spite them.

I did take SW.com's survey. I basically told them I want the stories but I don't want anything else and I'm not goig to pay $40 bucks a year for them.

8. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    For once we overseas guys get a better deal, we only have to pay like $20 - which is, face it, only a bit more than a tenner, heck I have that much in my back pocket right now - for Hyperspace.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's because you don't get the Insider subscription with it.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >>and I'm not goig to pay $40 bucks a year for them.<<

Suggestion then- wait until enough fiction has been reprinted on Hyperspace for your tastes that is, in your opinion, worth $40, then subscribe to Hyperspace for one year and archive the web pages on your computer to keep after your subscription expires- everything else would just be bonus content. Then just don't renew unless the same prerequisite is met.

11. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    It's more the principle of it. I'm not going to pay for E-books either. I want them to print these so they can sit on my shelf. I hate reading stories on the computer.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, i guess it depends on how creative you want to get with your printer then ;)

13. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Just copy and paste them into a word processor, then print them.

Voila!

14. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    >>"That's because you don't get the Insider subscription with it."<<

But, judging from the quality of recent issues - Mandalorian article aside - that's no great loss.

As for Hyperspace, I think I got my money's worth on the first day. You could spend hours looking through what's been archived already, and it's only after a couple of weeks, and near-daily updates, that you realise just what absolute terrific value for money it is.

15. rogue_wookiee

Apr 24, 2004
    Just copy and paste them into a word processor, then print them.

That's what I did with Judge's Call. (No I didn't get it illegally. It was free @ delrey.com or something) But I was still dissappointed it wasn't in SQ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.