main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

HYPERSPACE News

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by GENERAL_FEL, Jun 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GENERAL_FEL

GENERAL_FEL Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I would like to start an ongoing thread for sharing news from the HYPERSPACE SW Paysite. I will always post spoiler warning when applicable.

First of all, the big news today is that the last "deleted" from AOTC is available for viewing on HYPERSPACE. It was kind of neat to see it. Rather than call it "deleted", I think it should have been called "unfinished". Lots of rough CGI animatics interwoven with scenes that actually make the final cut of the film. All in all, I think it would have been neat to see, but it just wasn't meant to be. After all is said and done, this "deleted" scene isn't even on par with the 8 "deleted" scenes that made the DVD last year.

WARNING: SPOILERS BELOW

They made the announcement that a character from the EU BOOKS will make an appearance in EP III. There was not a hint as to who it might be yet....but I have my guesses. Maybe a particular Chiss Officer? It will be interesting to see.

2. Calli

Calli Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    Jake, when I read about that for E3, thats exactly who I thought of!

LOL

My little heart about burst w/ joy, if he's a possibility. :D

3. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2002
    Anything new from the official site?

4. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    No significant spoilers below. Speculation, however, might run rampant:

The biggest news this week from the OS:Hyperspace details Uncle George's arrival to Australia and the subsequent walk-throughs involved. Various sets are mentioned in various stages of construction. The most noteable mention of a particular set is that of the "rebuilt" set from the OT. My bet is that it's a Star Destroyer Bridge. Who knows.

No major breaking news for this week. Oh yeah, the crew seemed very excited at the stash of "swag" that was recently delivered. Other than that, nothings news.

5. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    DAGOBAH!

6. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    Just to let everyone know, my mom let me join hyperspace, finally!!!

Spoilers:

Ok, a new set diary was just put up, and it says:
    1) Natalie Portman is now in Sydney
    2) Ewan will be gettig a Alec Guinness hair style for this movie
    3) Hayden will look un-padawan-like, very rugged and weathered

Also, a little while ago, the webcam showed someone who looked a lot like george lucas waling into the studio.

7. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    NON HYPERSPACE SPOILERS AHEAD!

[image=http://theforce.net/episode3/newspics/bai_ling.jpg]

Access Hollywood reported last night that Bai Ling (Wild Wild West, Anna and the King,Red Corner) has been offered a role in EP III. This was immediately connected with the OS's earlier mention of an EU character appearing in EP III. Hmmmmm...I think it's safe to speculate that we will be seeing Commander Assaj Ventress from the Clone Wars comics, books, and cartoons on the big screen.

SWEET!

[image=http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/02/img//mace/spotlight_asajj_bg.jpg]

8. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Genevieve O'Reilly has been cast as a younger Mon Mothma (NOT to be confused with Mothra, the classic Godzilla foe) for EP III. She's absolutely beautiful. All we need now is to see someone cast as Bel Iblis and the rebel triad will be complete.

Per tf.n "

"O'Reilly has performed such stage roles as Ruth in Cosi, Veronica in The Ugly Man and Olivia in Twelfth Night. On television, she has appeared on "Beastmaster," "Life" and "All Saints." Her film credits include Avatar, and most recently, she played Officer Wirtz in The Matrix: Reloaded."

9. RogerRoger517

RogerRoger517 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Humm, I don't know right now whom would be a good Garm Bel Iblis but I always thought that Ralph Fiennes would make a great Tarkin.

10. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    HYPERSPACE webcam information

If you don't feel like sifting through webcam pics at 20 second intervals or don't have an entire day to spend staring at the screen, tf.n was kind enough to compile a schedule of high profile appearances on the webcam. Go to the webcam page and you can go directly to whatever day, hour, minute, and second that you want to. Enjoy!

6/16/03 18:18:00 - Hayden
    6/16/03 18:19:40 - George Lucas
    6/16/03 18:26:20 - McCallum
    6/17/03 09:16:40 - Hayden
    6/17/03 09:22:00 - office meeting
    6/17/03 09:31:40 - McCallum talking to people
    6/17/03 10:02:20 - George
    6/18/03 8:58:20 - Lucas palys peek-a-boo
    6/18/03 9:34:40 - McCallum from the back
    6/18/03 9:36:00 - McCallum on the blue ball
    6/18/03 9:38:40 - (Possibly) Don Bies of ILM
    6/18/03 11:43:00 - Script sighting...?
    6/18/03 11:45:20 & :40 - Once again... GL
    6/18/03 12:28:00 - SABER PRACTICE!
    6/18/03 12:39:40 - Possible storyboards in the background
    6/18/03 12:44:00 - Possible double-edged lightsaber
    6/18/03 12:50:20 - Nick Gillard
    6/18/03 12:58:20 - Box o' sabers
    6/18/03 14:30:40 - Saber practice
    6/18/03 14:45:00 - Dual duels
    6/18/03 14:52:20 - A great saber-practice shot
    6/18/03 14:57:40 - Close up of (Obi-Wan's?) saber
    6/18/03 15:01:40 - Three participants in a duel...
    6/18/03 15:03:00 - This an interesting shot, four participants in the duel
    6/18/03 15:15:00 - "Nice shot" (thanks Windoo!)
    6/19/03 08:59:40 George Lucas with someone

11. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    "Hmmmmm...I think it's safe to speculate that we will be seeing Commander Assaj Ventress from the Clone Wars comics, books, and cartoons on the big screen."

Well, TOS HYPERSPACE just announced that Bai Ling will be playing a Senator in EP III. No Assaj Ventress after all. Drat!

So far, my subscription to HYPERSPACE has paid off well so far. The other day I got to watch Ewan And Hayden practice some of the moves from thier lightsaber battle against one another. That rocked!

Also, they posted a cool group shot of the 5 key players (Hayden, Rick, George, Natalie, and Ewan) . You can find it on tf.n.

[image=http://www.smh.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1056449362005_2003/06/26/starwarsIII,0.jpg]

See you all this weekend.

12. GENERAL_FEL

Feb 10, 2001
    Non-HYPERSPACE spoilers approaching...

Well, Peter Mayhew appears to be sticking with his statement concerning Chewie's role in EP III.

After Peter talked about Episode III?s script, Robin asked Peter on the role that Chewbacca will play. I liked what Peter said. Peter replied, ?I was told by George Lucas that I would be playing a large part in the story including the delivering of two twin babies and playing a role in a major battle scene that involves many war machines. Sadly, I have not read those sequences of the script yet.?

After a small bit of Robin comparing the Original trilogy to the Prequel trilogy, she asked Peter how well he liked the parts of the script that he had seen. Peter says, ?Again, I haven?t really seen the complete script. Lucas only gives us copies for that days shooting. But from what I?ve seen, it looks good. Of course, I really don?t have any lines (he laughs). Lucas has really changed his writing style from back when he wrote the original trilogy. He is much bolder and willing to push the envelope in both settings and dialogue. In fact, the opening action scene involving many Wookiees takes place on one of the many new planets seen in this movie.?

Sounds interesting, if it is indeed true. And never fear, Continuity Hounds, this doesn't necessarily have to mess up the overall continuity of the saga. In time, all will be explained. Have faith. I do! :D

13. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    MAJOR PLOT SPOILERS BELOW BEWARE!

Thefore.net just put up that they found out that Count Dooku dies within the first ten minutes after the opening crawl. They don't tell at who's hands he dies though. Oh, and not a big spoiler, but Temuera Morrison has returned for more than just voice overs of the clones.

14. Pike_and_Glaive

Pike_and_Glaive Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Considering how the emperor in the Origional Trilogy seemed to be planning that Luke would take his father's place, it would seem that the Sith have somehting of a 'right of arms' sucession process when the master thinks he can get a better student. Wild guess, Skywalker Kills the Duke in a fit of anger, and either completes or jumpstarts his trip to the darkside.

Pike and Glaive

15. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    I would guess that Rick McCallum's web chat is on hyperspace, I found a the text from the chat on the fat man's site with some very interesting items:

NEED I SAY SPOILER INFORMATION COMING.

David Prowse will not appear in the file as vader.

The title is not "Birth of an Empire" or even close per RM.

JarJar will not die.

Anakins turn to the darkside will take place throughout the film.

Luke and Leia are born in the movie.

16. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    This taken from the Entertainment Weekly site, SPOOKY SPOILERS BELOW...DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!

Unless you really want to. :D [face_plain]

Light saber-wielding fanatics aren't waiting in line yet for ''Star Wars: Episode III.'' But that's only because the final chapter's release date is still far, far away: May 25, 2005, to be precise. Nonetheless, filming for the still-subtitle-free prequel has started, with stars Hayden Christensen, Natalie Portman, and Ewan McGregor (not to mention Yoda, Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO) all joining director George Lucas in Sydney, Australia.

One pleasant surprise: The usually-secretive Lucasfilm has been giving fans more access to the shoot than ever, via Hyperspace, a paid subscription service on StarWars.com. Here's what we know so far (hardcore Jedi Knights should beware of spoilers):

DARTH SIDE Darth Vader-to-be Anakin Skywalker (Christensen) won't just slip into the dark side of the Force in ''Episode III'' -- he'll also plunge headfirst into the 1970s. A shot of Anakin on StarWars.com's on-set webcam reveals an all-black wardrobe and a distinctly Me Decade hairdo of blond, shoulder-length tresses. The style is apparently meant to bridge the visual gap between the new movie and the first ''Star Wars'' (a.k.a. ''Episode IV''), which was filmed in 1977.

And even before he dons Darth's helmet, Anakin will lose some of his heartthrob looks, thanks to the rigors of fighting in the Clone Wars (which occur off-camera between Episodes ''II'' and ''III''). ''He looks quite rugged and weathered... like he's been around the track a bit,'' hairdresser Annette Miles told StarWars.com's on-set chronicler. Meanwhile, producer Rick McCallum batted down rumors that Christensen will spend only five minutes as Darth Vader in the new film: ''You should know not to believe every rumor your hear. I don't think you'll be disappointed,'' he told fans in an online chat.

CHEW ON THIS The lovable yet ill-tempered Wookiee known as Chewbacca will not only return in ''Episode III'' (after his absence from the first two prequels) -- he'll have an important role. Peter Mayhew, the dude in the furry suit, told a British journalist that the opening scene of the movie is a Wookiee battle sequence that takes place on a never-before-seen planet. More startlingly, Mayhew also said that Chewbacca acts as midwife to Natalie Portman's Padmé when she gives birth to twins Luke and Leia. We hope he washes his paws first.

MOTHMA PROPHECIES Also returning for ''Episode III'' is Mon Mothma, the stately, berobed leader of the Rebel Alliance not seen since ''Return of the Jedi.'' In ''Episode III,'' the character (played by young Australian newcomer Genevieve O'Reilly -- who also had a tiny role in ''The Matrix Reloaded'') will be a Galactic Senator who works alongside Padmé. No word on whether she'll reprise the immortal Mothma line: ''Many Bothans died to bring us this information.''

AVOID THE DROID By ''Episode IV,'' R2-D2 and C-3PO are like a cranky, robotic, long-married couple, but in the first two prequels, the droids are relative strangers. That will finally change in ''Episode III,'' which will also replace the mechanical R2-D2 with a digital version in more scenes than before. Droid Unit Supervisor Don Bies (who has the coolest job title ever) promised fans in an online chat that Threepio and Artoo's ''relationship deepens and blossoms.'' Hey, get a room, you two.

(Posted:08/05/03)

17. RogerRoger517

Jan 1, 2002
    Maybe a little discussion about some of the news.

FYI, Discussion about SPOILER material should also be considered SPOILER material.

One major paradox that appears to be coming is that there are a growing number of people whom were in ANH that will be involved in Ep III. At my latest count: OB1, Mon Mothra, Bail Antilles, R2D2, C3PO(yes droids are people too), Chewy, Palpadine and Anakin/Vader.

With this mass of people will it still be clear at the end of EpIII that the idenity of Luke/Leia or knowledge of their past would continue to be a mystery in ANH?

I have already decided that a memory wipe is in the future for R2 and 3PO, OB1 knew but said nothing for their own protection. Maybe Bail meant to tell Leia but for Alderan's destriction. However, why wouldn't Chewy or Mothra have told them. I don't think you can do a memory wipe of a wookie, and even if he didn't know their names, he would have recognized their sents. Any discussion?

18. DarthPaul1971

DarthPaul1971 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Personally I think that maybe they never planned on telling them. It's something they wanted to hide for their protection even though they are grown up.

19. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002

Nov 2, 2002
    I don't think it is necessary to say spoiler any more, we can pretty much guess that now, can't we, but for the last time, SPOILERS AHEAD!

Now that that's done, Pablo, the webcam dude just confirmed, to everyones dismay, that the EU character will be a blue or green alien. Sorry Kenzi, looks like your wish won't come true. Thats all I know right now, but when I get done readin all the new chats, I'll post more, if there is anything worth posting that is.

20. IMAXPoe

IMAXPoe Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2003
    Just thought I would bump this up since I am a new Hyperspace member and found this really cool pic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Behind the Helmet

For you Hyperspace members...... a very cool look at Darth Sidious' Lightsaber Hilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.