main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Hyperspace

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Buckaroo_Banzai, Jun 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckaroo_Banzai

Buckaroo_Banzai Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2002
    Any feedback on the new starwars.com website?

Any e'ville jedi planning to join hyperspace?

Just call me Mr. Curious....

2. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I doubt that I will. The worth wile exclusives will just pop up on the net a few hours later.

3. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Uh oh. I feel a rant coming on...
    I absolutely, positively, 100% refuse to subscribe to the service. I WILL NOT pay for Luca$' marketing. As Nathan pointed out to me a few weeks ago, look at the Matrix website. Look at all the cool stuff they give out for free. Just another example of Luca$ taking us for every cent we're worth. The deleted scene should have been on the DVD. The reports from the filming of EP. 3: Do you really think they are going to tell anything good? Remember Luca$ is notoriously secretive about the shooting. An EP 3 webcam? Probably will show show the snack table or something equally stupid. And furthermore...
    (At this point the nice men in white suits came to take Adam away for awhile. Right now he just sits in the padded room rocking back and forth and muttering about Lucas under his breath. Hopefully if he shows enough improvement in group therapy he will be released in time for the book club meeting.)

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    gonk- DAMN that was a good rant! :p

*stands and applauds* BRAVO!

But it figures, the bastage always upstages me :p

5. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Whoa Adam, you had me ducking for fire there and I don't even work for Luca$, erm, I mean GL.

No, I will not subscribe to Hyperspace. If I can't learn about it on TF.N or elsewhere for free, I guess I just won't learn about it.

Therefore, subscribers, please tell me all about it. Always remembering I am spoiler free of course...

8-}

6. TC517

May 14, 2001
    If I start making money in the cowboy business, I might actually look into buying Hyperspace. All the talk about the web cam has me kinda interested. If production starts and the Images are good, I might buy it. What's another 20 bucks for good 'ol George?...

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    :eek:

*hides, as Adam will surely be going apes***e any second now*

8. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Apesache? Apesouth? Apesour? Apeeater?

Stackky? I'm not sure what you mean.
    8-}

* Covers eyes while Cole tries to lasso in some spoilers *

9. Preachrman007

Preachrman007 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2002
    Rage building...Head pounding...Vision..turning green...

"Cole, you're making me angry...You won't like me when I'm angry."

(Sounds of braking glass, splintering wood, and the Hyperspace server being destroyed).

Btw, "Hulk" sucked. Don't waste your time or money.

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Ah, who called it? Eh? Eh? :p

Je suis fier pour aimer une Canadienne

11. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    I agree 110% with Adam. Paying more money to get something that should be free is ludicris! THIS is just the kind of stuff the killed the "other show". If you disagree, that is fine, just tell me why so we can keep the conversation going. Here's my thought. The "other show" started off with a dedicated fan base that appreciated the quality shows being produced. And, it seemed in the "before times" those making the show appreciated the fans. Then, all of a sudden, the powers that be got greedy. They started producing more and more...whatever. Now, fans just have memories of the gold old days. I fear that this is how Star Wars Active Fandom will end. In a way, the two shows' fan base have more in common than than they don't.
    Well, those are my thoughts. Sadly, no one reads history, specifically about repeating the errors of the past.
    On a happy note, I just got a new pooch - Molly - as Missy passed away recently. Missy will always be missed, but I think Molly will do fine. That, and the decision to get her was made during Episode II. Hopefully, a good omen.

MTFBWY,
    Steve

12. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Oh, I should clarify. The decision to get M9olly was made while I was watching Epsiode II last night. I couldn't figure out how to edit a post. Anyway, the way I typed it sounded like the decision was made lasy year, long before dear Missy fell ill. I guess being on vacation dulls the mind!

Peace,

STEVE

13. TC517

May 14, 2001
    *Dodges flying tanks thrown by Adam*

I just said I was interested.

I agree that all the cool features should be free but reality says they would have never come into being had there not been a pay service. In the 6 year history of SW.com, nothing like this has ever been offered so, without hyperspace, the official site would remain just another source for slow load times and old news.

If a person doesn't want to pay for it, they get the crappy site like they have had for years. If one does want to pay 20 bucks a year, they get some worth while stuff.

Either way, I'm still not sure I want it.
    Either way, it has been fun messing with Adam. :)

"Covers eyes while Cole tries to lasso in some spoilers"
    Scott, did you mean to use the word lasso as a pun for the cowboy business or is it just a coincidence that I open July 4th if anyone wants to come and get thier picture taken in western costumes. I would really like to be paid...
    REMEMBER: Wild West Photo Fest
    inside
    Pat Coslett's Furniture Festival
    2300 N. Fulton Ave.
    Evansville, IN 47710
    (812) 421-4010

*gets drug away by bad sales pitch police...*

14. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks, boys. Don't forget the straitjacket. *pays the bad sales pitch police*

15. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Stacky:
    Happy Canada Day to you too!
    "Good day, and welcome to Canada Day. Hosehead."
    Steve:
    Sorry to hear about your loss (I know how hard it can be), but glad to hear about Molly. Dogs are wonderful (even Luke owned a dog! SW:ANH novel)

Hyperspace sounds like a load of bantha poodoo. I think Adam is correct in his assumption that it is just another way for Lucas to wick cash from the crazed fanboy. However, some of the special features will cost money that must come from somewhere, just not from me.
    I mean, 20 bucks for what? A web cam? New photos from the set that everyone can see after the movie comes out.
    I remember waiting in line forever at C2 to watch the Yoda fight and thinking, "Hey? What am I doing? I can see this in a few months and then see it again even later on my dvd but I will never be at C2 again!"
    I then wondered around and stubbled upon a talk being given by ILM staffers I have idolized for decades. Me, eight other fans, and my old heroes plus some new ones (Church and Chaing [SPL?])! I learned some things about the making of our favorite film I never could have otherwise, along with tips for model building from the gang that made the first X-Wing,Tie,N-1,ect. A much better deal to me-- I know a lot of people enjoyed the yoda clip.
    I do feel that the Cut Scene schould have been on the DVD, and that Hyperspace should be made available as part of the Fan Club membership. I also know that such thing cost money and if someone wants to pay 20 bucks to see content no one else will for several more months, more power to them.
    As a spoiler-free guy, there is nothing there for me. I'm reminded of the OT reissue box set featuring EpII tidbits that turned out to be not a big deal in terms of the movie (Joel Edgerton gets a Phill Brown haircut and does not shave).
    Well, there is my 2c. I hope to see you all soon!
    MTFBWY
    Matt

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    :eek: Joel Edgerton gets a Phill Brown haircut? :eek:

17. WedgesOtherNephew

Jun 6, 2002
    Yeeehaawww!

Glad you caught the pun, Cole. That way I didn't have to say..."Get it, you are a spoiler guy thinking about Hyperspace & you take pics of cowboys?" "Get it?" "Get it?"

Jammies, I had honestly never thought of it being part of Fan Club membership. Now I really feel screwed!!

18. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'm pretty happy with my Hyperspace membership. The web cam is really addictive, the celebrity message board chats are a mess, but interesting, and I look forward to reading the Ep3 diary each day. Of course, I wasn't expecting to get all $20 worth upon logging in, but seeing the first picture of a Ep3 (Hayden in an interesting outfit) from the filming monitors was worth a good portion of it. Could I have gotten the info second hand...probably, but I don't like relying on other people's interpretations of the info and I like getting it whenever I want. Anyway, I needed to go on a fast food diet anyway, so the money I've saved from not buying french fries over the course of a week or two has already paid for Hyperspace. If you not a spoiler junkie, than it's not worth it at this point unless you're really really a big fan of reading vintage Bantha Tracks.

19. TC517

May 14, 2001
    See! See! When people say that, It makes me interested.

I'm glad someone around here is on my side... :)

*checks for bad sales pitch police*
    One more day until the GRAND OPENING of the Wild West Photo Fest! Come one come all!!!!

20. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    but seeing the first picture of a Ep3 (Hayden in an interesting outfit)

Ugh, I so don't want to know. *vomits into handy bucket*

:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.