main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One Hypothetical: Chirrut vs Vader

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Sarge, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Bob the X-Winger

Bob the X-Winger Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    Were excluding the fact that Chirrut has Jedi skills, he may not have the powers of the Jedi the supernational abilities that Luke or Anakin has he does possess the knowledge and reflexes of the force. Was it not Yodi who said

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

Chirrut is not as powerful as Lord Vader except he would not face him on the Sith's terms. The key to Chirrut' success would be to disable the suit and remove the machine's continues oxygen supply to Anakin, once that is done the Sith becomes powerless and has to rely on the force just keep himself on his feet.

2. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Chirrut probably wouldn't last more than 10 seconds against Vader.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Chirrut? More like...Chirr....dead? Chirrdead? I gotta think of something better.

Vib3s likes this.
  4. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Except that when a Sith Lord feels physical pain, he becomes even more powerful and connected with the Dark Side. Not a good idea.

5. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016

Chirrut would have to act quick Lord Vader moves at his own pace allowing his enemies to come to him before taking them out with a lifesaber. That move won't work on Chirrut. The way to defeat Lord Vader is his vulnerability of the suit. Disable that if possible and Anakin's life source is gone. He needs routine treatments to keep him alive. Concentrate your attack on damaging the suit and not using Jedi mind tricks and that effort would result in catastrophic system failure for Vader.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Vader has been suited for almost 20 years. I'm sure his armor is well protected against external attack. Don't forget that Anakin always liked building and modifying things, so his armor is sure to be vastly improved from what it was when it was new. I'd bet those switches and buttons on his chest don't do anything and are probably only there to offer a tempting target to fools; as soon as someone reaches for them he'll chop off their hands.

ZodaEX and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  7. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Absolutely. The Vader we saw in Rogue One wasn't going to be bested in combat.

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  8. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Chirroadkill?

Anakin.Skywalker likes this.
  9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Chirruuuuaaaarrrrrgh

B99 and Gigoran Monk like this.
  11. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    The only scenario where I see Chirrut having a chance against Vader is if he manages to infiltrate his castle, kill his body guards with his martial arts and chant his way to the bacta tank machine to turn off the switch while Vader is in it.

And I said “chance” because even that is not a clear win. Last time Vader’s machine equipment got turned off in the comics, he still managed to use the Force to switch himself on and dispatch his enemy.

12. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Chirruptured spleen?

Chirruined?

Chirrased?

Siphonophore likes this.
  13. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Naw, Vader has to make fun of him first, and throw right back in Chirrut's face all that pseudo mystical mumbo jumbo he is constantly on about.

14. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Chirrekt

15. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Chirrender

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015

We never saw the Emperor Guards fighting, but they seem to be very very very serious. Probably Force users too. Not sure Chirrut would manage to best them.

17. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    Chirrizo

Gigoran Monk and Artoo-Dion like this.
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. Also I'm pretty sure Vader is aware of his weakness and would be more than prepared to defend himself against any type of attack against his suit.

Lady_Misty and Sarge like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Maybe Chirrut had a hidden double bladed lightsaber in his staff.. The Empire didn't steal all the Cyber Crystals.. Chirrut was hoarding them.. :p Vader would of been in shock.. Backs down immediately.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Which Vader are you talking about, B99? Darth Vader doesn't back down.

21. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Chirrut? more like Cheroot.

[​IMG]

Sarge likes this.
  22. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Vader laughs and says ''I will make this quick''
    Chirrut says the Force is with me I am with the Force, you had your chance.
    Vader swings his lightsaber, Chirrut dodges and says is your foot alright, and tackles Vader and Vader falls from the bridge.

23. Bob the X-Winger

Jan 8, 2016
    Who would win Chirrut or Anakin Skywalker? This is before he is mutilated by Obi Wan Kenobi. My honest belief is that Lord Vader is stronger overall his abilities with the force and an expert pilot whereas Obi Wan bested him in near mortal combat when he was a healthy Jedi Knight.

Now with Chirrut were talking about a blind martial arts expert and supplies his own weapons. Not afraid to use various tools as weapons as opposed to the conventional lightsaber. He also knows how to use the force to keep himself self.

24. Gigoran Monk

Dec 2, 2016
    Chirrugburned

25. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Chirrun.

Gigoran Monk likes this.