main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Hypothetical: it's May 1980, you just saw ESB, what are your theories?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Stoneymonster, May 12, 2016.

1. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I recall a ton of theories I came up with after seeing ESB. Most prominently, I suspected the Alliance's only hope for finally defeating the Empire was to team up with a bunch of teddy bears.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. CLee

CLee Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 18, 2017
    I saw the films (original versions) at 7 in '96 or '97 so I only had to wait days or a day before RotJ and didn't speculate a lot. Still ...

Presumably someone we haven't seen before (maybe the child of one of the few other Jedis) and really a long shot.

More likely Obi-Wan did, the reveal would feel like a cheat if it wasn't true and a big part of the film was that the heroes were fallible and it's very easy to fall to the Dark Side. I don't know if I knew about the reveal before watching it but I think I did know the whole battle and some twist/climax was considered a great moment so it really was likely true.

They would stay together, Luke would be both too noble and too preoccupied to ruin a romance between his friends.

Probably not, it wouldn't make much sense for the next movie to be as grim/even grimmer/that grim.

LOL, he definitely had some kind of connection to the Dark Side but not sure what his background or exact nature of relationship with Vader were.

whostheBossk likes this.