main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Hypothetical: Would you have taken Darth Vader up on his offer if you were Luke Skywalker?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by EmperorAjay, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ZodaEX

ZodaEX Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 27, 2015
    When was Leia tortured?

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Yes I wood join him!

3. The Krynoid Man

The Krynoid Man Jedi Master star 3

Dec 24, 2015
    I would, but only so I could either infiltrate the empire and try to destroy it from the inside or try to escape when I have have the chance.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ZodaEX, Leia was tortured aboard the Death Star when Vader was trying to get the location of the Rebel base. Since it was a PG movie, the torture was implied, not explicit, but the novel makes it clear that there was more going on in cell 2187 than truth serum injections and friendly conversation.

Cartooncheryl and ZodaEX like this.
  5. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Thanks, Sarge!

In the first film, you see that big floating needle-bubble (Death Star, Jr.) flying towards Leia, and the scene cuts away. I always remember it because when they announced Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan in the Prequels, I kept hoping for a bit of Trainspotting crossover, by way of Obi-Wan running off to chase the floating needle-bubble (Death Star, Jr.) !!

Krynoid, but you run the risk of failing, as seen in Dark Empire. Didn't go too well for Luke, though his wardrobe was pretty cool.

6. DarthCricketer

DarthCricketer Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2016
    Maybe...

SageOfRage likes this.
  7. dva3842

dva3842 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 2, 2008
    When I first saw that moment as a kid, my immediate thought, yes, join him and rule the galaxy, why not!?
    I thought at first it would mean Vader reconciling and Luke becoming like a prince, deposing the Empire, and the rebels succeeding peacefully without anymore "conflict".

8. SageOfRage

SageOfRage Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2016
    it's a pretty good deal if you ask me. hard to say no to that.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  9. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Yes, but only so I could run away at a later point.