main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC I absolutely love the Nee Gees!

Discussion in 'Community' started by deltron_zero, Jan 10, 2003.

1. deltron_zero

deltron_zero Jedi Master star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Man, you are GOOD.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who had that album.

2. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Guess this one:

Piled up up my worries, rolled them to the sea,
    Sea said, "Keep your goddamn crap to yourself"...

3. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Easy.

That's "Someone Take My Junk Away" off the 1974 Technicolor Hangover EP.

Right?

4. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
  5. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Excellent.

But I'm surprised we are the only fans here.

6. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, this thread's been up for a few days now, and I really expected more fans to come out of the closet. Especially with Dickynson's passing.

7. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Yeah, I feel kind of odd.

8. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I hear they are being considered to make a comeback on the Bono: The life of Sonny Bono soundtrack.

9. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Really?! This is great news. Though I wonder if they will carry on without Dickynson. It's hard to imagine them without that lovable bald coke head on the bass.

You know, they haven't had a soundtrack offer since that ill-fated documentary about sugar addiction and America's youth. They were taken off the project after all of their early demos were about how "sweet and good" sugar is.

10. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Well, I heard that they are looking for a suitable replacement for Dickynson. Supposedly the bassist from 5,000 Lunatics is heading up that list. The reports are sketchy at this moment.

11. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    //crosses fingers

12. Jake_Barnes

Jake_Barnes Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2002
    I talked to my mother this weekend and mentioned this discussion and the vast right-wing internet conspiracy/media blackout regarding our beloved band, and she dropped a bombshell:

On November 9, 1962, she actually was part of the throng in attendance at the Woody Sherman Fun-Time Variety Hour, which was broadcast live from downtown Indianapolis. That night the show featured the American television debut of the hit pop/jazz-fusion sextet, Nephews Gibson and the Knee-High Socks. Can you believe it??? She told me that Clegson dressed like a nun (--my grandmother, being a good catholic, had an apoplexy when she found out) and the rest of the band wore suits of armor(?!?).

My mother just scored 120 cool-points.

13. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Now that has got to go on the forthcoming Anthology DVD... provided footage still exists!

Can you please ask your Mum if that was the show where they only filmed Chi Chi Salvadore from the waist down*, citing that his face was too offensive and his expressions too lewd to be broadcast on national TV?

* Achieved by putting him on a 4.5 foot tall drum riser.

14. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    Jake. That's legendary. Classic. Unbelievable. The stuff myths are made of.

The Woody Sherman Fun-Time Variety Hour. Man.

15. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Wow, that really is amazing.

If there's one thing I admire the most about The Nee Gees it's probably their perseverence. That's why I know they just have to stay together.

I've heard rumors that when Salvadore was playing with them audience members used to actually fling masks and paper bags on stage. Also, there were at least three reported incidents of mass "chain reaction" vomiting.

:eek:

16. deltron_zero

Feb 1, 2002
    Great news everybody!

I just got the newest edition of "Rawk Rag", and they had a great piece on the Nee Gees and the tragic loss of Dickynson. Well, it turns out that the Nee Gees will indeed be going on with their summer tour as planned. But they won't be replacing Dickynson. Rather, they will carry on as a 5 piece, with Mitch Bogans providing most of the bass parts on synthesizer.

Pretty cool huh?

But now what I really need are dates! Does anyone know if and when the Nee Gees will be playing the U.S. west coast? For some reason, I can't seem to find their tour dates anywhere.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Resurrected by request of the Scandinavian Nee Gees Fan Club.

jp-30 likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i never did find those tour dates. i have a feeling i missed a great show. :(

anybody pick up that latest nee gees retrospective? nothing new really, still pretty cool. love the early demo version of "humaniwubba".

19. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I have not. I heard most of the stuff is pre-Dwight and I can't stand Travis's "wall of sound" production so, until they decide to release the RAI Melodia material, I'm not going to spend a dime on demos and alternate takes. Plus I still have my copy of Neeologisms: Best Of.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Happy ******* TENTH anniversary, Nee Gees thread.

21. Debo

Debo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 27, 2001
    I have to confess I kind of lost track of them. The last record I bought was Nee Deep In Your Love.

22. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Nee Deep is a thoroughly competent album, competent in an underwhelming, boring, no frills, no edge, no excitement kind of way. It gets the job done - especially if that job is to be boring. They lost me at that point too.

Debo likes this.
  23. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Apparently they're getting Dave Groll in to drum on a few tracks on their new project. Do you think this could lead to them touring together? Food Fighters are on hiatus, after all.

AAAAAH likes this.
  24. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    they got on a hiatus? that is very very impressive, as those are some pretty wild animals! probably my favorite nee gees song is "staying alooooooooooooooooooof!" i remember dancing to it when i was very young. my dad used to butterfly knife-dance to it, before he died.

25. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    There's a Finnish black metal band, Erikoinen, with an awesome Staying Aloof cover.