main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I *am* a committee - Publications Committee

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by DieWompRatDie, Oct 22, 2014.

1. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    At the October meeting we decided to implement a Publications committee. This committee will be in charge of designing 1/4 page flyers, business cards, trading cards and anything else we wish to do along those lines.
    They will design these items, check them for spelling and grammar and make sure they're ready for prime time. They will also investigate the best options for printing, depending on the cost and timing of the needed publication.

The initial members of the committee are FanForced, QueenHighMistress and thebreadnappa (Geoffrey M). If you'd like to join this committee, please post here and/or let them know.

Good luck and have fun!

2. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
    What are the most immediate needs? Business cards? Also, what is our current supply?

3. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Thankfully there aren't any immediate needs as the next public event would be Celebration Anaheim (if I'm selected to present the game show panel) or, barring that, it would be May the Fourth, I think.

We have about 40 or so of the latest flyers, no business cards, and no previous flyers.

4. thebreadnappa

thebreadnappa RMFF Co-CR/Member-At-Large

Sep 14, 2012
  5. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    So perhaps business cards are the priority, then?

Hey, Grimby, do you know this committee exists? I believe you did the last business cards.

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I do now. :p

I have the files from the last business card run if needed.

-- Sent from my R2 unit

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That would be cool. I have the photoshopz.

E-mail is my username at hotmail.

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    I'd like to have something to be able to pass out at Celebration in mid-April. Could we have something ready for RMFFers at the March meeting for Celebration distribution?
    Thanks!

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That should be doable. I think taking this up soon after the holidays is most practical. FanForced, thebreadnappa, thoughts?

Grimby, I prolly should have tagged you in my response above. We would love whatever files you can share.

10. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Any updates you'd like to share? Just checking. :)

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    You know there really isn't because somehow you're on the Publication Committee discussion list. :confused:
    I'm waiting on Grimby to get back to us about whether I need to make business card changes (in which case I need the files) or if he's going to do it. We also have one member who is currently displaced from his home.

12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I was asking for those who aren't on the committee and may want to know.
    I think you should go ahead and make the changes we recommended and hopefully Grimby will send the file so you can edit it. He's a busy dude.

Thanks for following up.

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I'm sure others know how to use the boards and ask. :p

If I need to recreate the business cards, that's a whole different animal.

14. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

I'm just speaking up for the silent majority. :p

Let's just make the text edits and get them done.

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    There is no "just make the text edits" option available right now. I need the original unflattened files for text edits, which I do not have.

Otherwise I will need to recreate the business cards from scratch to make those changes.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    As I also said in the committee discussion, I am booked up this weekend and won't be available for any of this until next weekend.

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I thought we did talk about this at the meeting, not sure what "discussion list" you guys are talking about and not sure why jt would be on that list if he is not on the "committee", just saying.

I have complete faith that we will have something or several things for CVII. I say instead of demanding things out of people that are doing this for free we try to help. Does anyone have any PDF, JPEG files, etc of what we've done in the past? Can we post those links here or PM/email them to the Pub committee? I have a hard copy of a full page flyer I will get to QHM this weekend and if I have anything else I will pass that along too. Our computer crashed and we lost some information but I will look for PDF's anyway.

Let's talk about what we would like to say or represent on these give aways that we think would make people come and hang out with us?

I think it should talk about how long we've been around, what we do, meetings every month, directions to our boards and fb page and/or meet up. That's just off the top of my head.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thank you, yes, that's the kind of info we need -- what info everyone wants to see on the cards and flyers.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Grimby got me the business card files and we're hammering out some details.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to what you'd like to see on the flyers?

20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Due to other priorities coming up for thebreadnappa and FanForced, I've offered my thoughts and comments in the committee. So consider me an official part of it so it's not all QueenHighMistress at this time.
    If anyone else has the time and is interested in joining, we're totally welcome to having additional people on the committee. :)

The "discussion list" is a Facebook group that I started to keep discussions and files.

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Here's the business card, which is a modification of the one Grimby designed for us a while back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nnaydolem and Grimby like this.
  22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Aaaaaaand, I'm no @gra-co_o_hun but here's the flyer:

[​IMG]

Please note that these mages are not optimized for printing. I have PDFs for anyone who wants them. :cool:

nnaydolem, Nerfherders and he-guy like this.
  23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Vistaprint is having a 40%-off sale right now on flyers. we could get 500 flyers (glossy cardstock) and 500 double-sided business cards (matte -- they only offer glossy on one side and I think it would be better if the sides match; feel free to argue -- it's the same price) for $71.99 + $9.99 economy shipping or $16.99 standard shipping. Sale ends March 3.

That breaks down to:

$0.07 per flyer (normally $0.12) ($35.99)
    $0.07 per business card ($36.00)

Plus shipping.

The next quantity jump is to 1000, which is $117.99 and shipping goes up to $12.99 and $20.99.

$0.06 per flyer ($59.99)
    $0.06 per business card ($58.00)

Plus shipping.

Jumping down in quantity would be 250, which would be $51.99.

$0.08 per flyer ($20.99)
    $0.12 per business card ($31.00)

Plus the same shipping rates as for quantity 500.

We can mix quantities, too, but this is easier to look at.

I haven't found anywhere local that can even beat Vistaprint's normal flyer price even on regular paper -- and that's chain stores. While some people may have access to free color printing, which I think is great, I know cutting can be an issue. I've used Vistaprint without any problems. YMMV. Discuss.

24. he-guy

he-guy RMFF CR star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Nice job researching the price points and vendor options. Thank you. Hopefully we can get a vote on printing these at the next meeting, and get printed in time for CVII.

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Sounds like we have until March 3rd for these prices and we would have them for CVII for sure.